IGNORED

Man City

robins72

Just heard that at close of business today we have sold 12000 tickets for the Man City game and Man City have sold 1100. So probably looking at maximum 15k on Wednesday night. I thought it may be slightly higher with us doing ok and playing a big club but guess with it being on sky has affected the number of tickets sold.

• Admin
Around me it was price that had made 10/12 ST Holders decide to give this a miss, especially those with children..

Two games in a week-ST Holders had paid for Scunny, so it made sense to them to miss the TV Game especially with no discounts for ST Holders and priority groups.

The ones around me (Atyeo) were all going unless work dictated they couldn't. The point was raised that if we were playing Morecambe everyone would expect cheaper tickets so surely we should expect more expensive tickets against a side riding high in the Prem so same price as Scunny seemed fair enough. Worth noting that Atyeo fans spend less anyway (£23)?

carling cup games at the gate never sell out, to be fair 15-16k is an EXCELLENT turn out

I think it's probably a few things:

• For a start there's a bridge swing.
  • The juxter position of the moon with Pluto in the upper fourteenth sanctum.
  • Uranus-Nuff said
  • It's on a Wednesday when crowds traditionally are far lower due to the Bristol Skittles League playing on Wednesday, not Tuesday.
  • The Weather.
  • Time of the month in relation to pay day.
  • Time of the Month.
  • Time of KO
  • The Referee.
  • My Missus
  • Your Missus
  • Parking

Of course, it couldn't just be that people think that a ST Holder paying exactly the same price as some herbert that turns up once a year and couldn't give a toss about BCFC is unfair and the cost of two games in a week could be something to do with it?

It can't be that the continual taking advantage and stealth charges have taken their toll?

Nah.

Couldn't be :whistle2:

Yeah right.

And 12,500 is a decent attendance for a championship game on a bank holiday.....considering all the excuses.

In actual fact, I'd be surprised if the Man. City attendance is under 17,000 as most of the ground is selling well with some areas sold out, and there's a couple of days sales yet.

No need to make excuses for the club at this stage.

just need to look at other games in the championship today, barnsley got less than 10k, Preston got 11k, hull got just over 15k among others, crowds just haven't been high today it's not just city,

either way, most people expect a low attendance today

• Uranus-Nuff said
  • It's on a Wednesday when crowds traditionally are far lower due to the Bristol Skittles League playing on Wednesday, not Tuesday.
  • The Weather.
  • Time of the Month.
  • Time of KO
  • The Referee.
  • My Missus
  • Your Missus
  • Parking

Of course, it couldn't just be that people think that a ST Holder paying exactly the same price as some herbert that turns up once a year and couldn't give a toss about BCFC is unfair and the cost of two games in a week could be something to do with it?

It can't be that the continual taking advantage and stealth charges have taken their toll?

Nah.

what a pathetic comment,

the I am basising my view on facts that League cup games in the past haven't sold out, so this one isn't like to either, Leeds, Rovers, Newcastle, Everton all big games in the league cup over the years none of which have topped 16k, the Rovers game few years back didn't even top 10k! less than 10k at the gate for a local derby, almost unheard of!

league cup games just don't sell out, personally......I'm going on a long booked holiday so I wouldn't have been there regardless of whether it is £5 or £23

what a pathetic comment,

Just argue the post

the I am basising my view on facts that League cup games in the past haven't sold out, so this one isn't like to either, Leeds, Rovers, Newcastle, Everton all big games in the league cup over the years none of which have topped 16k, the Rovers game few years back didn't even top 10k! less than 10k at the gate for a local derby, almost unheard of!

league cup games just don't sell out, personally......I'm going on a long booked holiday so I wouldn't have been there regardless of whether it is £5 or £23

More excuses-How many of those games came on the back of a promotion season after we'd just spent £2m on players and sat 6th in The CCC?

Low crowd today-nothing to do with price-Man City-nothing to do with price-Didn't sell out for QPR-Two Official Coaches To Blackpool-Price? Never.800 ST Holders walk away in a Promotion Season-Nothing to do with price.

Thans for reminding me of another excuse Holidays-Of course, no one was on holiday for QPR or Blackpool away, were they?

just need to look at other games in the championship today, barnsley got less than 10k, Preston got 11k, hull got just over 15k among others, crowds just haven't been high today it's not just city,

either way, most people expect a low attendance today

I predicted it-That doesn't make it right, especially with belated family discounts and quid a kid.

• Wolves 25k
  • Cardiff 16k
  • Sheff Utd 23k
  • Soton 22k

Yep, you're dead right, I'm convinced.

I predicted it-That doesn't make it right, especially with belated family discounts and quid a kid.
  • Wolves 25k - up 2k on previous game which was on sky
  • Cardiff 16k - down 2k
  • Sheff Utd 23k - down 4k
  • Soton 22k - down 3k -
Yep, you're dead right, I'm convinced.

thanks for proving my point, which was that in general across the board attendances have been lower today, yes some of them have had higher attendances than us today but looking at the teams most of them played they are team that would have brought some sort of decent away crowd., however they attedance's compared to their last game are down

More excuses-How many of those games came on the back of a promotion season after we'd just spent £2m on players and sat 6th in The CCC?

Low crowd today-nothing to do with price-Man City-nothing to do with price-Didn't sell out for QPR-Two Official Coaches To Blackpool-Price? Never.800 ST Holders walk away in a Promotion Season-Nothing to do with price.

Low crowd was solely on the basis of 2 things, BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND & S****HORPE

Thans for reminding me of another excuse Holidays-Of course, no one was on holiday for QPR or Blackpool away, were they?

when was the last time we sold out on the opening day of the season? when was the last time we sold out our away allocation for the opening away game of the season after promotion? how many season ticket holders walked away after the last promotion season?

so far this season we have had nearly 31k fans in offical attendance in our opening 2 games, which is UP around 3k on the last time we were promoted to this division, which was a close season which involved more money being spent than during this close season so far, the fact is, Attedances to date have been very good.

We didn't sell out for our opening game.

We didn't sell out for Blackpool.

other than that, I don't know.

when have we ever sold out our allocation at blackpool?

personally I didn't go to blackpool solely on the basis that I went there in Feb/Mar in a group of 7 and been there more than times than I ever would want to so I'm focusing my away trips this season and grounds I haven't been to in the last season or 2, I'll still end up doing nearly a dozen away games, but that was one I didn't mind missing, the group I normally go away with felt the same, how many others felt like that,

QPR didn't sell out, but it did get a bigger attendance than any opening game in the for a LONG LONG TIME and a lot more than the opening game last time we were in this league, plus it did get more than most on here expected,

• Uranus-Nuff said
  • The Weather.
  • Time of the Month.
  • Time of KO
  • The Referee.
  • My Missus
  • Your Missus
  • Parking

Nah.

You forgot to mention the 0871 number. Mind you its nice to see one of your whines without it mentioned.

PDG

Have cup tickets ever been discounted for season ticket holders?

You forgot to mention the 0871 number. Mind you its nice to see one of your whines without it mentioned.

There are two at present-The one for parking and the one to ring the club about anything-not just tickets.

I rang the club about two weks ago to enquire about three Premier Club Tickets-after pressing 1-2-8-7........you get the picture, I got an ansafone :disapointed2se: -I left a message with my tel no which I've now changed to 0871 because I think it's only fair that people who ring me to buy things should pay my phone bill :whistle2: -Guess what? Call not returned.

They'll 0900 numbers next and you'll still say that's OK.

Have cup tickets ever been discounted for season ticket holders?

Yes, last season.

They were also discounted for POD.

Bristol Boy, as you are well aware, the club make absoulety no profit from the parking number.

I assume that is the case as you do-We don't know-For example, he may have paid the club for the advert-If the club's that interested, why don't they advertise where people can park at nil cost?

Before you say they shouldnt advertise it, I'm sure plently are people are glad and gratful for the club highlighting the parking.

There is no public service, no provision of anything new and one of my main objections is to that slant being put on it.I parked "on street" for nothing yesterday and won't pay for what's been free for twenty years, DID succeed in taking traffic off street at nil cost and hurt nobody-neither does anyone need to book a parking space in advance on an 0871 number and I wonder if our "public servant" is splitting the profits on with those that actually own the space, the club or anyone else-I think not.

It's another example people taking advantage and jumping on the bank wagon of City's success in entering the CCC.

I can remember one post complaining about being unable to find a parking space over the years and have rarely found anyone at the Gate with an issue.

Anyone who thinks this is about public service is deluded

I hope the club don't start advertising the free parking areas, these are areas that take years of support to discover and I don't want any of your Johny-come-latelies nicking my prime spot thank you very much ;)

I was thinking the same will this start a franchise? :whistle2:

Some people worry too much, which is up to them, so the promise of a parking space and more secure appeals to them. There is also away fans to think about and I bet alot would enjoy the service.

And regards to the club advertising free parking? Thats an invalid point really because its obvious there will be parking around the ground. What our the club meant to do? State every single road around the ground which may have spaces?

I thought the with the game on Sky and the club seeing the roaring success, ticket-wise, that was the U21's last week, that they would've followed suit by reducing prices again. 3 of the regulars that I go with haven't bought one and simply aren't bothered by paying £28 when it's live on Sky which is a shame really because I bet there are more out there who are thinking the same.

I thought the with the game on Sky and the club seeing the roaring success, ticket-wise, that was the U21's last week, that they would've followed suit by reducing prices again. 3 of the regulars that I go with haven't bought one and simply aren't bothered by paying £28 when it's live on Sky which is a shame really because I bet there are more out there who are thinking the same.

I sit in the Williams and out of a group of 8 season ticket holders that sit by me, 5 aren't going on Wednesday (including me) down to the price £26 ticket plus petrol etc. just getting to expensive now. :englandsmile4wf:

I sit in the Williams and out of a group of 8 season ticket holders that sit by me, 5 aren't going on Wednesday (including me) down to the price £26 ticket plus petrol etc. just getting to expensive now. :englandsmile4wf:

If everybody on this forum really knew the 8 people they say they do who hadn't renewed their season tickets or who aren't going on Wednesday because of the price then we must have 136,000 supporters out there somewhere. Why don't we relocate to a 140,000 all seater and charge everyone a tenner to get in? We would be the biggest club in Europe within two seasons.

The simple answer is don't go if you don't want to, moan as much as you can to the club rather than on here (where NOTHING will change) and let the rest of us who are going enjoy the game. Just like the people who renewed their season tickets and paid on the day enjoyed Trundles' two goals yesterday which were worth £23 of anyone's money. The same £23 that I had to pay yesterday for my Coventry ticket (perhaps it's just us and Coventry who overcharge). I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone who genuinely cannot afford the cash but to the rest of you who can afford it and want to make a statement - fine, make your statement and leave it at that.

Archived