IGNORED

Man City

robins72

bhred:thanks for proving my point, which was that in general across the board attendances have been lower today, yes some of them have had higher attendances than us today but looking at the teams most of them played they are team that would have brought some sort of decent away crowd., however they attedance's compared to their last game are down

Wolves attendance dropped by 7% FROM a televised game-Ours dropped by 31% both non televised games-How does that prove your point?

The biggest other drop you quote was 17% at Sheff Utd ANOTHER televised game when the one before wasn't!

I'm also still awaiting your apology for a calling me a liar over the 0871 situation and my phone bill- I actually remembered why I'd rang the club last month.It was making an enquiry about three Premier Club Tickets-Two weeks down the line and no reply.Still, it was only worth £15,000 so who cares? :disapointed2se:

If everybody on this forum really knew the 8 people they say they do who hadn't renewed their season tickets or who aren't going on Wednesday because of the price then we must have 136,000 supporters out there somewhere. Why don't we relocate to a 140,000 all seater and charge everyone a tenner to get in? We would be the biggest club in Europe within two seasons.

It's not everyone it's a few of us on OTIB and it's anecdotal

The simple answer is don't go if you don't want to, moan as much as you can to the club rather than on here (where NOTHING will change) and let the rest of us who are going enjoy the game. Just like the people who renewed their season tickets and paid on the day enjoyed Trundles' two goals yesterday which were worth £23 of anyone's money. The same £23 that I had to pay yesterday for my Coventry ticket (perhaps it's just us and Coventry who overcharge). I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone who genuinely cannot afford the cash but to the rest of you who can afford it and want to make a statement - fine, make your statement and leave it at that.

I am sure we'll all enjoy the game, but what a shame that the people who are attending that don't normally can't join the ST's who won't.That's how you get a home sell out.Most of the people I spoke to have decided on the basis of value for money as opposed to pure affordability-particularly those with kids who come with them.

Some people worry too much, which is up to them, so the promise of a parking space and more secure appeals to them. There is also away fans to think about and I bet alot would enjoy the service.

There is no more parking and there is no more security.Parking is at owners risk as it always has been-Away fans have parked there for years.I don't know of anyone who enjoys paying for someting more than having it free.

And regards to the club advertising free parking? Thats an invalid point really because its obvious there will be parking around the ground.

Er, so why mention it at all, if it's that obvious

What our the club meant to do? State every single road around the ground which may have spaces?

Then identify both or neither and don't assist a spiv in ripping off your own fans

If everybody on this forum really knew the 8 people they say they do who hadn't renewed their season tickets or who aren't going on Wednesday because of the price then we must have 136,000 supporters out there somewhere. Why don't we relocate to a 140,000 all seater and charge everyone a tenner to get in? We would be the biggest club in Europe within two seasons.

The simple answer is don't go if you don't want to, moan as much as you can to the club rather than on here (where NOTHING will change) and let the rest of us who are going enjoy the game. Just like the people who renewed their season tickets and paid on the day enjoyed Trundles' two goals yesterday which were worth £23 of anyone's money. The same £23 that I had to pay yesterday for my Coventry ticket (perhaps it's just us and Coventry who overcharge). I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone who genuinely cannot afford the cash but to the rest of you who can afford it and want to make a statement - fine, make your statement and leave it at that.

I don't know if anyone is moaning, as you quote, just making a valid point as to why they wont be going, i'm in the same boat, me and my eldest will watch it on tv, i have paid the £16 for my 13 year old who is v. keen to go down but simply cant afford for me and my eldest to go as well, we both would certainly prefer to be at AG, but thats life, personally i think you shoud stop moaning about people who weren't moaning in the first place and just enjoy the game!

There is no more parking and there is no more security.Parking is at owners risk as it always has been-Away fans have parked there for years.I don't know of anyone who enjoys paying for someting more than having it free.

I swear I read somewhere that there was sercuity guard on duty. Or is that just me?

Er, so why mention it at all, if it's that obvious

Er, you actually mentioned it in post 22 :blink:

Then identify both or neither and don't assist a spiv in ripping off your own fans

He isnt ripping off anyone. He is just offering a service to people, if they like it then fine, book a space. If they don't like it, and as you have mentioned, theres no trouble parking around AG.

And on this basis the Man City tickets should be discounted?

I'm sure if we can sell the ground out at list price, we shouldn't-However, if what is being said in this thread and what myself and others heard at AG is true,then we won't and neither will Man City.If we reduced them for a local derby with passions and demand high (although, I believe the sponsors and League legislated for that so no credit to our lot) why not for a game that clearly isn't as attractive to some ST's.

You make I laugh, you really crack me up :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's better than making you cry but just read the post below and what others have said in this and other threads before you laugh to loud.The really sad thing is that if we don't start addressing these issues and listening to all the fans and not just the psychophants, some of whom may have a vested interest, it'll be a rude and expensive awakening.

All the ST Holders I spoke to around me on Saturday would have come if they could have purchased tickets for themselves and their kids at ST Prices-not 30/40% more after being treated as POD

I don't know if anyone is moaning, as you quote, just making a valid point as to why they wont be going, i'm in the same boat, me and my eldest will watch it on tv, i have paid the £16 for my 13 year old who is v. keen to go down but simply cant afford for me and my eldest to go as well, we both would certainly prefer to be at AG, but thats life, personally i think you shoud stop moaning about people who weren't moaning in the first place and just enjoy the game!

Well said.

What you say was exactly what those people around me, particularly, but not solely, those with one or more children said.

So one out of the three that normally attend will be there? If you were able to buy the tickets at the same price as your ST allows you to attend League Games, would you have come to the Man City game?

Says in todays post 15k sold for city so guaranteed over 16k i doubt Colin Sextsne is worried about the stick with ticket prices based on that! Plus sales tomorrow an Wednesday!

It also gives you the old phone number and old prices, but let's hope that figure is correct and only relates to City.

Man City have tickets for sale on their website and I'd like to make two other points.

1.They have an 0870 number to do it.

2.Here are the ticket prices for Man City Fans at Blackburn v City's prices for the League Cup game.

Adults----------£23---------------£20---------------------9%

Pensioners----£18---------------£10----------------------55%

U16's----------£13-----------------£7----------------------54%

City's are on the left and the % reduction is based on the reduction at Blackburn for a Premiership game.

One adult with two children:

City v Man City = £49

Man City v Blackburn =£34

30% Cheaper.

Now, if you're a City fan, living in Manchester and you had to pick and choose, what would you do?

how many man city tickets have they been given i have a man city friend who lives in bristol who wants to go

2,000 is normally the starting figure with another 1,000 available if they're sold.

I think Man City are still selling to priority groups only and I also think it's personal callers, so my advice would be come with you and keep his gob shut ;)

Says in todays post 15k sold for city so guaranteed over 16k i doubt Colin Sextsne is worried about the stick with ticket prices based on that! Plus sales tomorrow an Wednesday!

Actually it doesn't.

"We're guaranteed a crowd of more than 15,000 and, because the game is live on Sky, hundreds of thousands of people will be able to tune in both here and abroad."

Man City have sold about 1,100 so that means City have sold about 13,900 ish.

City get £100k because the game's on SKY

£10K v Weds

£60k v United

Just heard that at close of business today we have sold 12000 tickets for the Man City game and Man City have sold 1100. So probably looking at maximum 15k on Wednesday night. I thought it may be slightly higher with us doing ok and playing a big club but guess with it being on sky has affected the number of tickets sold.

I'm not going because it too expensive, the fact it's on Sky has just made my decision easier to live with.

If the prices were cheaper the game would of sold out by now regardless of the game being on TV.

I'm not going because it too expensive, the fact it's on Sky has just made my decision easier to live with.

If the prices were cheaper the game would have sold out by now regardless of the game being on TV.

Agree 100% with all of that.

Yep, far too expensive, but I guess when you're on TV as well, a few less thousand fans in the stadium is worth less than the amount of TV revenue

Anyone know how much we are likley to get for the tv?

£100k or put another way, almost the Atyeo at £23 per adult x 4,348.

It still doesn't matter as the TV money's the same whether the stadium's empty or full.........City's revenue isn't!!

How much cheaper would you have made it?

They could of capped the prices at £20,that was the maximun I was prepared to pay for this match. That way they would of possibly sold the stadium out aswell as get the TV money. People paying the best part of £30 is simply ludicrous and not defendable IMO.

The long term damage Sextone is doing to our football club is a worry, He's Constantly looking for the quick buck but at what cost?

Chances are if Sextone thought that he could sell all the tickets at that price , it would make good business sense.

Personally wish he would have reduced the prices for the game to give the ST holders a pat on the back.

As it happens nonoe of our 8 ST holders are going due to the price and it being on TV.

Also to add if pay on the day guys had a choice either Scunny on Saturday or Man city on Wednesday, they would probably go for the Man City game, hence would account for the lower crowd against Scunny.

£ 54 per week to watch both games of football + all the extras is a lot by anyones means.

Chances are if Sextone thought that he could sell all the tickets at that price , it would make good business sense.

I understand what you're getting at, but it doesn't make good business sense to alienate long term customers-Maximising revenue in the long term is the secret, not making a one off killing......not that we will if there are a pile of unsold tickets.

As it happens nonoe of our 8 ST holders are going due to the price and it being on TV.

As I said earlier, 10 out of 12 around me are doing the same

Also to add if pay on the day guys had a choice either Scunny on Saturday or Man city on Wednesday, they would probably go for the Man City game, hence would account for the lower crowd against Scunny.

Correct-By the same token many ST Holders having already paid for Scunny did that game and not Man City.Posts on this thread would appear to bear that out

£ 54 per week to watch both games of football + all the extras is a lot by anyones means.

AG's a real bargain if you listen to some people on here-trouble is that lots of our fans are voting with their feet.....or perhaps they're wallets.

How much cheaper would you have made it?

Based on two games in a week and the previous well documented price hikes, I would have said that ST Holders should get the same price as their ST Ticket averages out at.

For me that would be just under £20 for Dolman Centre Blocks as opposed to £28 plus all the other stealth charges like a 5% booking fee and an expensive phone line.That turns a £20 ticket into a £32 ticket and the % for people with children make it far less affordable and do little to generate good will at atime when it's desparaetly needed and good things are happening on the field.

I'm a businessman so I don't need lectures about how much the club needs money, as do all clubs-My contention is that our current pricing strategy is ultra high risk and very short. term.

Will people stop blaming the ###### club!!

Its not purely City who decide the ticket prices, it is a joint decision as both teams get 40%(?)

Stand Category A B C

East / Colin Bell Stand Levels 1 & 3 Adult £36 £32 £28

East / Colin Bell Stand Levels 1 & 3 Under 16s £10 £10 £10

East / Colin Bell Stand Levels 1 & 3 Over 65s £21 £20 £19

East / Colin Bell Stand Levels 1 & 3 Disabled £21 £21 £21

Colin Bell Stand Level 2 Adult £38 £34 £30

Colin Bell Stand Level 2 Under 16s £10 £10 £10

Colin Bell Stand Level 2 Over 65s £22 £22 £22

North & South Stand Adult £30 £27 £23

North & South Stand Under 16s £10 £10 £10

North & South Stand Over 65s £16 £14 £13

North & South Stand Disabled £16 £16 £16

This is Man City's pricing structure for POTD. There cheapest ticket is £23 for adults up to £30 for a category C game.

Source: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagegid=...D-5407A4450753}

Now look at our prices for this game: http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/HomeTickets/0,,...1094134,00.html

Hmmm look pretty similar.

How do you know that Man City didnt refuse to drop there prices, bearing in mind they probably expected the game to sell out and the amount of money theyve shelled out this summer they probably want to make as much back as possible.

Based on two games in a week and the previous well documented price hikes, I would have said that ST Holders should get the same price as their ST Ticket averages out at.

For me that would be just under £20 for Dolman Centre Blocks as opposed to £28 plus all the other stealth charges like a 5% booking fee and an expensive phone line.That turns a £20 ticket into a £32 ticket and the % for people with children make it far less affordable and do little to generate good will at atime when it's desparaetly needed and good things are happening on the field.

I'm a businessman so I don't need lectures about how much the club needs money, as do all clubs-My contention is that our current pricing strategy is ultra high risk and very short. term.

£185 / 24 I make out as £7.70 per game over a season. Do you think thats all under 21's should be paying for this game? The club would barely make anything on the game. What about under 16's even less.

As for "stealth charges". I bought two student tickets. Two phone calls. £13 each, booking charge of 65p each. (which is sod all to be fair). Two phone calls lasted about 5 mins each maximum, whats that at 10p a min? 50p? So those tickets actually cost £14.15, an extra £1.15. In all fairness thats peanuts. Also I called from work to order the tickets, therefore don't pay for the phone bill.

Will people stop blaming the ###### club!!

Its not purely City who decide the ticket prices, it is a joint decision as both teams get 40%(?)

Stand Category A B C

East / Colin Bell Stand Levels 1 & 3 Adult £36 £32 £28

East / Colin Bell Stand Levels 1 & 3 Under 16s £10 £10 £10

East / Colin Bell Stand Levels 1 & 3 Over 65s £21 £20 £19

East / Colin Bell Stand Levels 1 & 3 Disabled £21 £21 £21

Colin Bell Stand Level 2 Adult £38 £34 £30

Colin Bell Stand Level 2 Under 16s £10 £10 £10

Colin Bell Stand Level 2 Over 65s £22 £22 £22

North & South Stand Adult £30 £27 £23

North & South Stand Under 16s £10 £10 £10

North & South Stand Over 65s £16 £14 £13

North & South Stand Disabled £16 £16 £16

This is Man City's pricing structure for POTD. There cheapest ticket is £23 for adults up to £30 for a category C game.

Source: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagegid=...D-5407A4450753}

Now look at our prices for this game: http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/HomeTickets/0,,...1094134,00.html

Hmmm look pretty similar.

How do you know that Man City didnt refuse to drop there prices, bearing in mind they probably expected the game to sell out and the amount of money theyve shelled out this summer they probably want to make as much back as possible.

We know because it would have been all over the OS if they had and Man City refused, which I'm sure they wouldn't.

Man City are a Premier League Team and we are CCC so comparing prices would serve to undermine the point you make.POD in The Dolman for my seat is £30+add ons

Their Chairman is reputedly worth about £800m so I wouldn't think he ven knows where Bristol is never mind gets involved in ticket prices.

If you think price isn't an issue you obviously haven't read the thread and what a Premier club charges is hardly the issue, it's OUR fans take on the prices and a lot, not all have decided it's to much, irrespective of the opposition.

£185 / 24 I make out as £7.70 per game over a season. Do you think thats all under 21's should be paying for this game? The club would barely make anything on the game. What about under 16's even less.

As for "stealth charges". I bought two student tickets. Two phone calls. £13 each, booking charge of 65p each. (which is sod all to be fair). Two phone calls lasted about 5 mins each maximum, whats that at 10p a min? 50p? So those tickets actually cost £14.15, an extra £1.15. In all fairness thats peanuts. Also I called from work to order the tickets, therefore don't pay for the phone bill.

It's funny that a lot of those defending these hikes are concessions and the POD prices for concessions are a lot better than for adults.I am disappointed how some of those who are subsidised by higher adult charges only seem to care about themselves.

There are 23 home games and it works out at £8 Atyeo and £10.65 in The Dolman-When we played Boro in the FA Cup last season tickets at Boro were £10 for adults and whether you discount them or not can reduce or increase the attendance by '000's, as it did at Boro.

I suppose it doesn't matter if they're £10 or £16 if the seat's empty and people stay at home.

I don't believe for a minute that it costs City anymore than 2.5% as a credit card surcharge and you don't pay a surcharge in a restaurant for using your credit card.Last season we had an 0870 number that cost no more than a local call and was included in a lot of peoples mobile plans-0871 isn't and, after a 30/40% price hike, I resent any increases in costs to purchase.

Nice of your boss to pay for your call especially as you're a student, I'm sure you thanked him :whistle2:

Archived