IGNORED

Man City

robins72

I think it would be a bit unprofessional if the club started posting news on the OS saying that Man City refused to lower prices if that was the case.

It might be OUR fans take on the prices, but its not OUR Club that is 100% responsible for the prices.

My mate's only coming to see Micah Richards, he didnt care how much a ticket would cost him, wheather it be a student ticket (whcih he isnt) or a full price adult. havent told him he isnt playing yet!

If you cant afford it, it is unfortunate. In all fairness I cant afford it, but I'll make other sacrifices to make sure I have the funds.

It's funny that a lot of those defending these hikes are concessions and the POD prices for concessions are a lot better than for adults.I am disappointed how some of those who are subsidised by higher adult charges only seem to care about themselves.

There are 23 home games and it works out at £8 Atyeo and £10.65 in The Dolman-When we played Boro in the FA Cup last season tickets at Boro were £10 for adults and whether you discount them or not can reduce or increase the attendance by '000's, as it did at Boro.

I suppose it doesn't matter if they're £10 or £16 if the seat's empty and people stay at home.

I don't believe for a minute that it costs City anymore than 2.5% as a credit card surcharge and you don't pay a surcharge in a restaurant for using your credit card.Last season we had an 0870 number that cost no more than a local call and was included in a lot of peoples mobile plans-0871 isn't and, after a 30/40% price hike, I resent any increases in costs to purchase.

Nice of your boss to pay for your call especially as you're a student, I'm sure you thanked him :whistle2:

The fact is, from my point of view the club have done a good thing introducing an under-21 ST. So while others feel hard done by and berate the club because they lost out, why should I not be greatful the club have done me a favour?? Fact is, the club havent done everything wrong, but you ignore what they have done to make it affordable to the yougner generation, the future fans!

And I work in an Emergency call centre so its handy that an 0871 number appearing on the list would not even get sniffed at really, but I'm sure my boss wouldnt cringe at a 50p - £1 charge on the phone bill.

I think it would be a bit unprofessional if the club started posting news on the OS saying that Man City refused to lower prices if that was the case.

I'm sure it's been quoted on previous occasions and I equally sure we didn't ask-I'll stand corrected if the club say otherwise

It might be OUR fans take on the prices, but its not OUR Club that is 100% responsible for the prices.

It's up to the home club to make the suggestion as they know the local market best

My mate's only coming to see Micah Richards, he didnt care how much a ticket would cost him, wheather it be a student ticket (whcih he isnt) or a full price adult. havent told him he isnt playing yet!

Thought you'd bought him a student ticket-not very honest towrds a club that's "done you a favour," is it?

If you cant afford it, it is unfortunate. In all fairness I cant afford it, but I'll make other sacrifices to make sure I have the funds.

You obviously haven't read the thread

The fact is, from my point of view the club have done a good thing introducing an under-21 ST. So while others feel hard done by and berate the club because they lost out, why should I not be greatful the club have done me a favour?? Fact is, the club havent done everything wrong, but you ignore what they have done to make it affordable to the yougner generation, the future fans!

Why not carry that on for the younget ST's on this occassion.........and the adults as well-The game would have sold out by now

And I work in an Emergency call centre so its handy that an 0871 number appearing on the list would not even get sniffed at really, but I'm sure my boss wouldnt cringe at a 50p - £1 charge on the phone bill.

So why not tell him, because you clearly haven't and you've done the club on a student ticket by your own admission.......after they helped you out with an U21 ticket as well. :whistle2:

As a matter of fact I did ask my supervisor at the time first, and did say I would probably take ages getting through.

And it wasnt the case of my mate not being a student as such, just not having any proof. I prepared him for possibly having to pay full adult, which he didnt care about, if we had to collect frm the ground knowing that theyd ask for a student card but they said theyd post it as I was an under-21 ST holder.

City don't look like selling the game out, and have managed to p**s off rather a lot of ST holders. Let's hope that lessons are learnt if we get a home draw in the 3rd Round!

Just as a matter of interest, why would it matter if its a home game?

Last big cup game we had was Middlesbrough and the clubs agreed to drop the ticket prices. So why would City not want to do it again? This is why I think it is Man City's decision not to reduce prices.

Just as a matter of interest, why would it matter if its a home game?

Last big cup game we had was Middlesbrough and the clubs agreed to drop the ticket prices. So why would City not want to do it again? This is why I think it is Man City's decision not to reduce prices.

so when the on-line ticketing says, 'sorry, currently sold out' for the game', this would mean.......

so when the on-line ticketing says, 'sorry, currently sold out' for the game', this would mean.......

What it means is that a particular block isn't available online.It doesn't actually mean sold out.If it did both clubs websites wouldn't still be selling tickets and City's wouldn't say that it's selling them now and "this evening."

City are always quick to say "heading for sell out"-even when both games they've said it about, haven't!

Give it a rest FFS. 3 and a quarter hrs from kick off and we should really be getting behind the team from here in. All this b*ll**it flag waving is doing nothing. If you can`t go don`t go. I`ve had to dig to find the money to go and so have many others i should imagine. This is an occasion for us to be proud of the team we support and its getting sidelined by the whining few and i don`t mean those that cant afford, who have my sympathys. You know who you are its time to stop doing the broken record thing and let us enjoy the moment.

PDG

Disgraceful attendance tonight. Learn from it please Sextoy. You missed out on 5,000 ticket sales.

been away, so haven't responed till now, people seem to miss the point that regardless of the prices, League Cup games never sell out or even come close to selling out at the gate, considering attendances in the past when in same cases prices have been reduced and the fact that the game was on sky personally I think it is a bloody good turn out actually

games in that competion in the past against teams like Leeds, Newcastle, Everton and the gas have no brought in high attendances and if I remember rightly the gas game was reduced and we still got less than 10k at home,

for the sake of reducing it a few quid I can't imagine it would have really had that much of an effect on the attendance, as said elsewhere though, who's to say Man City didn't refuse to let city reduce prices, nothing has been mentioned either way so it's not something that can really be debate or pointed at as a geniune reason

been away, so haven't responed till now, people seem to miss the point that regardless of the prices, League Cup games never sell out or even come close to selling out at the gate, considering attendances in the past when in same cases prices have been reduced and the fact that the game was on sky personally I think it is a bloody good turn out actually

Now there's a surprise :ph34r:

games in that competion in the past against teams like Leeds, Newcastle, Everton and the gas have no brought in high attendances and if I remember rightly the gas game was reduced and we still got less than 10k at home,

On how many of those occassions had we just been promoted after nine seasons in The Doldrums, signed seven new players spending millions?

for the sake of reducing it a few quid I can't imagine it would have really had that much of an effect on the attendance, as said elsewhere though, who's to say Man City didn't refuse to let city reduce prices, nothing has been mentioned either way so it's not something that can really be debate or pointed at as a geniune reason

You can go on making all the excuses you like-this game & S****horpe were poor attendances.

You only have to read this thread and numerous others to see people saying they wouldn't/didn't attend due to price.

How many more examples do you need or are all thses people making it up?

We lost 800 ST Holders in a promotion season!

Our ticketing/pricing policy and greedy stealth charges have made POD a thing of the past, vastly to the detriment of the club in the long term and that's a shame when our fortunes are taking an upturn on it.

You can go on making all the excuses you like-this game & S****horpe were poor attendances.

You only have to read this thread and numerous others to see people saying they wouldn't/didn't attend due to price.

How many more examples do you need or are all thses people making it up?

We lost 800 ST Holders in a promotion season!

Our ticketing/pricing policy and greedy stealth charges have made POD a thing of the past, vastly to the detriment of the club in the long term and that's a shame when our fortunes are taking an upturn on it.

but the same could be said about any cup game where season ticket holders have to pay, how many didn't bother going to Coventry game last season because of the price?

looking back at last time we were in this divsion and comparing it with now, on both occasions following promotion we had spend millions, this seasons attedances are much higher than back then,

in that season we played a league cup game at home albeit only Crewe who were in the same league as us, and it brought in less than 4k fans?

done it bit about math, and last time we were in this division our opening attendance combined were just over 38k, this season from first 3 games, just over 45k from opening 3 games?

so basically crowds are 7k up the last time we were in this division after spending large amounts of money? CROWDS are up, yes people are making an issue about the prices, but from the board's point of view, dispite any complaints people are still coming in there droves.

but the same could be said about any cup game where season ticket holders have to pay, how many didn't bother going to Coventry game last season because of the price?

looking back at last time we were in this divsion and comparing it with now, on both occasions following promotion we had spend millions, this seasons attedances are much higher than back then,

in that season we played a league cup game at home albeit only Crewe who were in the same league as us, and it brought in less than 4k fans?

done it bit about math, and last time we were in this division our opening attendance combined were just over 38k, this season from first 3 games, just over 45k from opening 3 games?

so basically crowds are 7k up the last time we were in this division after spending large amounts of money? CROWDS are up, yes people are making an issue about the prices, but from the board's point of view, dispite any complaints people are still coming in there droves.

I accept the points you're making, but whatever the aggregate crowd our attendances against Man City & Scunny were disappointing.A sensible attitude to pricing would get more people in and we can debate the income differential from that until the cows come home.I'd rather have 20,000 @ £22 a head than 14,000 @ £28-That would make a huge difference of £1.1m over the season.It may not be that much but it illustrates a point.

Things like reducing/dropping the credit card surcharge & reverting back to an 0870 number or 0374 would also help to convince fans that the club's listening.

TBH, the most worrying for me was Scunny because even with deals and quid a kid, we still only had about 2,800 POD counting our 9,200 ST's.Scunny brought 423 fans so there were less than 12,000 City Fans there.Mind you, that info's from a site that reckons QPR had almost 22% of the gate when we played them :disapointed2se:

We've got a break now and that'll help people save up some dough for the next two home games-once again back to back on 18th & 22nd.As far as POD goes there's no way a lot of people can or will pay £56 to £60 to watch both, especially if they've got kids to pay for on top of that.

For many people, Man City/ Scunny was a case of either/ or, so most chose Man City. Had we used a bit of imagination and offered seats at £18/ £20 to ST holders (Good gesture) and those with/ buying a ticket for Scunny, that would probably have raised a lot more revenue, not forgetting we get all of the Scunny gate receipts. We have the same in a few weeks, big gate v WBA and a low gate v Burnley. Why not try a discount deal if you buy for both games?

Archived