IGNORED

Right, We're Finshed Regarding Transfers For Now.

Redhyde

We've signed

Two strikers.

Darren Byfield - 16 goals in 35 appearances last season.

Lee Trundle - 20 goals in 37 appearances last season.

People wanted proven goal scores and that's what we've got. Albeit older player than we expected who cares as long as they do the business.

Three Midfielders

Michael McIndoe - Proven Championship left footed left winger who works hard,

Ivan Sproule - Scottish Premiership winger. Tonnes of pace adds option up front too.

Marvin Elliot - Ball winning dominating midfield dynamo. Tonnes of energy, doesn't two foot people and looks after himself.

One Defender

Tamas Vasko - Hungarian International. On loan, big potential when/if he adjusts. Cover/replacement for McCombe.

One GK

Stephen Henderson - Promising young 'keeper who adds needed cover to the first two given their injury records.

SO IMO, a manager has for the first time in my memory done exactly what us the fans were crying out for throughout the summer AND MORE and added depth and quality with relatively low risk players for not a huge amount of money.

No wonder he's getting a new contract!

Very nice summary Redhyde. Very happy with what I've seen so far both in terms of the ability and attitude of those who have played. Early days but in Marvin looks like GJ may have unearthed a gem of McCombe proportions and more. I have more faith in GJ's judgement than any manager since Joe Jordan first time round. Credit is due to PJ as well I think. I'm lovin'it!

All good points about squad strength, and if you look at the youngsters we have, some already out on loan or on international duty (JMW, Plummer, Artus) then these really are exciting times to be a City fan. Drink up ye zider and bring on the Owls!

Excellent post, shows just how far Gary Johnson has taken us in the last 12 months.

The way he has improved all aspects of the club and at the same time created a feel good factor has to be admired.

Will go on to be one of our greatest managers ever.

No-one can deny that Johnson has done the biz in terms of getting City out of the 'lower leagues' and seems to be doing all the right things with regard to strengthening for this seasons campaign. That said - its very early to be making judgements on how this season will develop and so I for one will reserve my opinion untill at least December.

Not only does Johnson deserve the plaudits - so does Steve Lansdown and the board. After all it was them that appointed Johnson and have provided the funds for him to sign the players highlighted by Redhyde.

At least now we are not seeing the threads about ' this board has no ambition' ....... :noexpression:

Not only does Johnson deserve the plaudits - so does Steve Lansdown and the board. After all it was them that appointed Johnson and have provided the funds for him to sign the players highlighted by Redhyde.

At least now we are not seeing the threads about ' this board has no ambition' ....... :noexpression:

I agree 100% Everyone deserves alot of credit for the last 18 months improvement. :clapping:

I for one believe the club has a bright future!

However- Steve Lansdown had to splash out getting the best man available (Johnson) after the whole Tinnion ball's Up! :disapointed2se:

Guest Tafkar

will be nice to have a Leroy kind of player back in the squad, and very interesting to note that Byfield's 16 league goals last season came from just 28 starts. that is a superb record and even at 30 years old, £250,000 seems a very reasonable price for him. Elliott, Sproule and McIndoe (on wednesday's performance, at least) look quality buys.

only downer on the signings would be vasko, and he's played 45 minutes of league football for us, and isn't a permenant signing anyway. so it's all good.

Byfield's 16 league goals last season came from just 28 starts.

Byfield's 16 league goals last season came from just 28 starts !!!!! - that's bloody awesome if he can get that kind of ratio for us and might just help get us automatic promotion to the Premiership !!!!!!!! :clapping:

GJ, is a man who knows his job and how to get what he wants without panicking and disrupting totally the scenario he came into with regard to backroom staff.

He has had more to deal with since he's been here than most managers, and simply won't be dictated to.

He's been supported by the board, without fortunes being spent, which would make them all look like desperate buffoons.

Trundle has repaid most of his fee already with those great strikes last week.

OK, lost to Man City, but were they really that many millions better than us ?

Mpensa and Bianchi showed exactly what Millions & Millions will buy you..a one goal lead, very late in the game, in a very ordinary competition !

Solid foundations, 7th in the League, panic stations are some way off for now, so enjoy the football, players can relax and be themselves without added pressure, with flowing performances.

Success breeds motivation, and right now, it's a fairly healthy situation to be in, and far better that most expected, one would suspect.

Archived