IGNORED

Match Thread

Dave Youell

I hope Gary sticks a rocket up a few peoples rear ends at half time... this is not one of our most convincing performances. We are not picking people up or closing down quickly enough. It's nice to be one up but we need to make sure that counts for something come 90mins.

Shhhh you'll upset Madger.

Nothing but criticism from the commentary team about everything we do

The difference between this display so and our last two performances is rthe total anonymity of City's midfield. Elliott has been poor, making no impression whatsoever and Johnson has proved lightweight once again. There is poor communication in our forward line and noone is prepared to attack the six-yard box when we cross into Wednesday's danger-area. In summary, we're very lucky to still be 1-0 up against a nervous Wednesday side.

However, if Elliott can close down quicker in the second period, freeing Johnson to play in the likes of Sproule, then we could as easily win 4-0 as draw. Mind you, the ex-Hibee needs to play the line better than so far. he's been caught offside far too easily.

Nothing but criticism from the commentary team about everything we do

Yeah he was moaning about that offside that wasn't. The t**t forgot to note that Orr put in an outstanding tackle anyway 2 seconds later which was then cleared.

They just said our goal was scrappy?!?

What on earth..

Just give up.

He missed the beautiful control by trundle, the def layoff and then lovely curled outside shot with Wilson's poorer foot.

Don't shoot me but I don't think we are doing that badly really!

OK so we are not playing that great - but we are away from home, against a team we traditionally do poorly against. We are defending excellently, and we can punish them with counterattacks with our pace.

Midfield is struggling to assert themselves - I expect Skuse at some point in the second half. But if this is the result we get after playing badly - then I'm not going to complain.

COME ON U REDS!

apart from us being 1-0 up great guys, we are playing awful passes going astray, hoof the ball up weever we can just for wedsnday to head it straight back up, sproule seems really uninterested and i do don't think hes going to be affective in that position i say put him to the wing and put jevons on with trundle or murray as a super sub if he doesnt improve in the 2nd half, plus stay onside !!!"

Wednesday should be 3 or 4 to the good?!

Possibly 2-1 them would be a fairer reflection but they forget to mention that on the break Sproule looks dangerous and missed a good chance. Shocking.

C'MON YOU REDS!!!!

Really need to up our game this half. What a cheesy line that was about Brian Wilson "Good vibrations for Bristol City!"

apart from us being 1-0 up great guys, we are playing awful passes going astray, hoof the ball up weever we can just for wedsnday to head it straight back up, sproule seems really uninterested and i do don't think hes going to be affective in that position i say put him to the wing and put jevons on with trundle or murray as a super sub if he doesnt improve in the 2nd half, plus stay onside !!!"

Would that be the Jevons who's not on the bench?

Archived