IGNORED

Some Dolman Fans = Disgrace

Guest zider_head

Steve Lansdown wrote in the program people leaving early distracts the players.

Also all those down abusing the WBA guy taking the corner could almost touch him and the stewards were pushing everyone back - would have only taken one idiot to have a major problem for the club

to the guy telling others to stand up ; this is illegal and can lead to a ban, loss of ST etc.

Leaving early is for losers. If you want to avoid the crowds hang around a bit at the end.

I left the ground 5 mins after the whistle went and i was back in Barrow Gurney by 10.

If access, entry and exit for the Dolman is the problem then the club needs to address that though.

Also 10 mins into the game Dolman fans were still streaming in - bad traffic? parking facilities? last one down the pub? well fair enough but how about setting off earlier?

Mind you, if this is the only thing people are now moaning about then we're clearly in great shape!

Steve Lansdown wrote in the program people leaving early distracts the players.

Still yet to read it but it sounds like he is getting fed up of it as it certainly isnt the first time he's said that in his programme notes.

Also all those down abusing the WBA guy taking the corner could almost touch him and the stewards were pushing everyone back - would have only taken one idiot to have a major problem for the club

i think people knew where the line was and made sure they didnt cross it. could the same be said if the bloke had really been winding the city fans up and a city fan was absolutely smashed?

to the guy telling others to stand up ; this is illegal and can lead to a ban, loss of ST etc.

true but he does make a point. why should people not stand up in excitement when we nearly score?

Leaving early is for losers. If you want to avoid the crowds hang around a bit at the end.

exactly. people choose to go in there knowing full well what its like so either wait at the end, or get caught in the rush. its the same for everyone.

I left the ground 5 mins after the whistle went and i was back in Barrow Gurney by 10.

If access, entry and exit for the Dolman is the problem then the club needs to address that though.

but that would mean knocking the stand down and totally rebuilding it.

Also 10 mins into the game Dolman fans were still streaming in - bad traffic? parking facilities? last one down the pub? well fair enough but how about setting off earlier?

probably still in the pub. i left the Supporters club at half 7, and there was still people wanting to go in, and people at the bar buying 2 pints at a time.

Mind you, if this is the only thing people are now moaning about then we're clearly in great shape!

but does it now show that city fans will find anything and everything to moan about?

Well, that told me didn't it.

Not really.

I have absolutely no time for you or those that leave early and obscure the view of those who like to stay to see all of the game.

If you want your granny to be safe - wait until the stand is emptying, all of 5 minutes after the final whistle. Much safer and much less ignorant to those wanting to see the whole game.

<removed>

You say 'Ignorant' I think its your ignorant comments that have just got on everyones tits..take it you probably sit in row A or B then?? Get yourself a better seat next time :winner_third_h4h:

<removed>

You say 'Ignorant' I think its your ignorant comments that have just got on everyones tits..take it you probably sit in row A or B then?? Get yourself a better seat next time :winner_third_h4h:

<removed>

People who leave early get in the way of other people no matter what row they're sat in. Its a joke that people can't be arsed to wait five minutes at the end just so they can get home slightly earlier. I'm alright Jack, sod the rest of you. You are the ignorant one if you can't suss why people are hacked off.

There have always been people leaving early. The couple of old ladies next to me leave early because one of them fell down the Dolman steps and broke her hip a few years ago and can now barely move, so she gets out while she can do so without being pushed and shunted. I've no problem with that, but it does annoy me when people with apparently no good reason think they can stand up and selfishly block everyone else's view.

Having said that, I find it amusing that people throw abuse at those who leave a few minutes early to "beat the rush" and call them "######ing losers" etc but think nothing of the many young, often 'merry' men who pile into the ground five to ten minutes into the match, home and away, because they'd rather stay down the pub and finish their pints than see us kick off and watch the first few mintes. These, apparently, are "diehard fans".

• Admin

Seems that many of us are still unable to "play nice" on here.

Personal attacks are not going to be tolerated on here anymore.

For now I have pruned the worst stuff out but persistant offenders will find themselves pruned out of otib as it's a hell of a lot easier to do than spending 20 minutes editing out all the insults.

We're top of the league when many pundits and opposition fans had us down for fighting relegation. Can't we just debate a subject without calling each other names?

Please don't bother turning up if your going to leave with 7 or 8 minutes to go (yeas lots leaving after 82 or 83 of the game) I was so happy for Super Brdeley Orr when he scored and more happy that those PLASTIC LOSERS left and missed a cracking last 10 mins play, do you really need the extra 10 mins in bed that bad ?

Your a joke and show the club up, please don't bother coming as it looks a disgrace from the Ayteo (brillaint again tonight) as I expect is does from elsehwere !!!

What sort of message do you think it sends the players when you cant even be bothered to support YOUR TEAM !!!!

I don't understand what your getting so worked up about? If people choose to leave so be it, I don't understand it personally but who am I to preach to complete strangers regarding staying to the final whistle. It a free country.

They pay the ultimate price by missing late goals.

Zider head..

Not that I left early, but have you ever tried to get through traffic 5 mins before the 93rd minute..and then after the 93rd minute?

Could easily save you 30 minutes sat in the car.

Some people have kids to get to bed, buses/trains to catch etc.

Why does it bother you so much?

Whilst I hate our part timers and their tendancies to turn up when we're doing well, nobody can deny that last nights atmosphere was electric, and they played their part in that.

I was parked around the road by the Ship and Castle opposite the factories or whatever they are and although it took me a little while to get out it was worth it to stay until the end of the game.

i agree with above, they don't have nothing else better to do than come on here and chat about people leaving early how sad is that.. and no i never left early but some do and its not only city fans that do is it.

Completely agree. If people want to leave early (not obstructing any views) then who cares?? Why this guy feels the need to abuse them i have no idea!

I know a family who have season tickets (anywhere between 5-8 of them) and have held them for about 30 years, and they always leave a little early. They may miss some stuff, but that's just their way! For someone to come on her (I'm biting my tongue now) and start abusing them, calling them plastic, not real fans etc, after what they've put up with watching over the years and they still come back because they love the club, really wound me up.

Some people on here think so much of themselves it's unreal!

Completely agree. If people want to leave early (not obstructing any views) then who cares?? Why this guy feels the need to abuse them i have no idea!

I know a family who have season tickets (anywhere between 5-8 of them) and have held them for about 30 years, and they always leave a little early. They may miss some stuff, but that's just their way! For someone to come on her (I'm biting my tongue now) and start abusing them, calling them plastic, not real fans etc, after what they've put up with watching over the years and they still come back because they love the club, really wound me up.

Some people on here think so much of themselves it's unreal!

Well said

personally i cant understand people leaving early. i don't like the fact that they leave early but its their choice and i wont abuse them. its their own fault if they miss a last minute equaliser or winner or something important.

original poster was bang out of order IMO for abusing the people who leave early like that.

TONITE ON YAWNORAMA

Its the "i'm a better fan than you" debate again

When will you priggish idiots give it up already?, so what if people want to leave early, its (allmost) a free country, Ooh ooh! look at meee, i stayed till the end and you did'nt and you missed the goal so i'm much much better than you at being a fan, and Basso saw you leave now hes upset and wants to be transfer listed and ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!

There's a family two rows in front of me in the middle of the row.

They always leave 5 minutes early.

At this point my view is impeded, everyone to the left of them has to then standup whilst they shuffle past and everyone behind them at that point gets an impeded view.

Often at the most critical part of the game.

How is that not inconsiderate? What makes them so special that they can't just wait 5 minutes before inconveniencing everyone else?

Isn't it just basic manners?

There's a family two rows in front of me in the middle of the row.

They always leave 5 minutes early.

At this point my view is impeded, everyone to the left of them has to then standup whilst they shuffle past and everyone behind them at that point gets an impeded view.

Often at the most critical part of the game.

How is that not inconsiderate? What makes them so special that they can't just wait 5 minutes before inconveniencing everyone else?

Isn't it just basic manners?

Who cares?

If they want to go it's up to them.

I can't believe this is even an issue!

(People congregating at the bottem of the steps, different story!!!)

Who cares?

If they want to go it's up to them.

I can't believe this is even an issue!

(People congregating at the bottem of the steps, different story!!!)

Me - not overly so. It's hardly a big issue. But for those who say there's no impact it's wrong. There's selfish behaviour that's inconveniencing others.

But you're right - nothing worth getting excited about.

Me - not overly so. It's hardly a big issue. But for those who say there's no impact it's wrong. There's selfish behaviour that's inconveniencing others.

But you're right - nothing worth getting excited about.

If someone is blocking your view etc, then i take your point about it being inconvenient.

yeah i saw that as well!

it was like the first time i can ever remember walking out the atyeo past the ticket office and heading towards the wedlocks pub that i can remember literally queueing to get out.

i figured there was a bit of trouble somewhere, but got past them silver gates and saw a woman trying to drive in!

:disapointed2se:

made me chuckle a bit though...

yeah me too. did you hear some bloke shout "women driverrrrs"? That made i laugh n all.

So what about the not so obvious but still steady flow of people leaving both the Atyeo and Williams stands before the final whistle? Why is it just people in the Dolman getting it in the neck here? Most of the people streaming down the steps in the Dolman stay to watch the whole game. I wouldn't have thought the people actually leaving the ground early would be in any higher proportion than other parts of the ground.

Whilst I don't leave my seat for any game early, it does take an age longer than the other stands to get out, something that has only got worse since they added the extra seats to the front of the stand a few years back.

:D

Time to close this total rubbish thread!!!

Could,nt give a mothers if a fan leaves at half time, 10 mins to go, 5 mins to go, or stays on half an hour to help clean up!!!!

Who really gives a t o s s?

Everyone has paid their money, the club is TOP THE LEAGUE, what more could anyone ask for?

Goodnight!

welll said arn

especialy as you have missed so many late goals this season already.

but youre trick of going early last night worked a treat mate. :city:

Seems a bit harsh to shoot someone who was only working to a design brief in the late 60s, because of a few people getting up and leaving games over 30 years later!

The Dolman shuffle is only noticeable as that stand is exited from the front and it's been going on for as long as the stand's been built so poor design is poor design, old or new.Rear or integral exits would have made sense

When Mcindoe had that chance in the first half to score, I jumped up out of my seat and the next thing I know is that I have some women shouting at me to sit down. Obviously I didnt take kindly to this and I told her to shut up, then her husband started to shout at me, I told him to shut up and I said its a reaction and if you can't see the game, then stand up.

Pissed me right off.

And that's why people who wish to stand should be allowed to in a safe standing area whilst those who wish to sit should also be able to without someone who "gets excited or decides he wants to leave, blocking their view!

Could,nt give a mothers if a fan leaves at half time, 10 mins to go, 5 mins to go, or stays on half an hour to help clean up!!!!

Actually, I do Arn when some herbert doesn't leave but decides to get out of his seat (and there are hundreds of them) then NOT LEAVE but stand in front of me-Causing problems every week as does shutting the gates between the Dolman and the Family Enclosure.

If people want to leave, super, no probs, I don't unless I'm highly pi$$ed off with it, get up and GO-Don't hang around behind others dawdling out-GO

Everyone has paid their money,

I've paid £455 for my seat and I would like to at least be able to see

Everyone has paid their money, the club is TOP THE LEAGUE, what more could anyone ask for?

Goodnight!

:clapping: We are top of the league, stop moaning please and enjoy the football we are getting. It has been a long wait.

Goodnight!

Agreed Arn, but it can be a right pain in the bum for those who want to see the finish without some big carrot cruncher obscuring their view.

Archived