IGNORED

Did The Dolman Stand Move Again?

Never to the dark side

Saw the cloud of dust rise up again in the corner next to the east end

Well,the experts say there is nothing to worry about so I trust them

I'll just keep watching that cloud of dust appear every time we score a goal

Do we have nothing else to talk about?

The dust is the walkway infront of the family enclosure! (Old GWR stand)

When we get plenty of rain again, it will soak into the dusty walkway and not cloud up.

Have all posts on the Dolman stand rumbling been removed ?

This appears to be a matter which needs some reassurance from the club that the stand is safe. I understand it was raised, and dismissed, at the Fans Consultative Forum. Plumes of smoke were very evident on Tuesday night and the new goal-score music makes the co-ordinated movement of the crowd greater - the stand definitely shakes.

The club had the Dolman stand examined by structural engineers after the H'pool game a few season ago and again over the summer. The reports came back that the stand is structurally sound.The surveyors used sophisticated computerised equipment and did a thorough examination of the whole stand.

As added protection there are support rods that can be fixed under the Dolman in the hall when a large crowd is expected.

The club had the Dolman stand examined by structural engineers after the H'pool game a few season ago and again over the summer. The reports came back that the stand is structurally sound.The surveyors used sophisticated computerised equipment and did a thorough examination of the whole stand.

As added protection there are support rods that can be fixed under the Dolman in the hall when a large crowd is expected.

I don't know if anyone has noticed but watch the lights move across the top of the stand at the front. One of them looks a bit loose!

The stand may not collapse but what about falling lights etc???

Saw the cloud of dust rise up again in the corner next to the east end

Well,the experts say there is nothing to worry about so I trust them

I'll just keep watching that cloud of dust appear every time we score a goal

I have been giving this worrying situation some thought, City could save a lot of money paying for engineers reports etc.

All they need to do is to mount the entire stand on castors, this will erradicate the "flexing" movement forever, it will also cut out any dust that is thrown up as a result of this movement. During the close season the club could open the Dolman up as a Fairground Ride for extra revenue, could be especially good during say, a rock concert ! :)

I couldn't be more sure that it is the gravel like surface in front of the dolman.

Put 2 and 2 together, it happens at the end of games aswell - why is this? because thats the way a lot of people walk out, and it also occurs when we score when people run down to the bottom to celebrate - therefore kicking up the dust from the gravel!

The posts haven't been moved. No, its just a few posts down isn't it?

The matter was not brought up and 'dismissed' at the FCF. The matter was brought up at the FCF and we were told that the club are continually aware of the situation and the complaints - so much so that they've had a structual engineer in very recently and Colin was awaiting the report which would be with him this week. Read the notes here:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1117350,00.html

Go to The Mall, stand on the upper level and feel it move constantly under your feet. It's like a constant earthquake. Structures like this are built to move about. If they were dead rigid they would crumble. The Stand is fine

Personally if I was in there I would be a bit worried myself but by the looks of it the Club know whats happening and are sure its safe.

Go to The Mall, stand on the upper level and feel it move constantly under your feet. It's like a constant earthquake. Structures like this are built to move about. If they were dead rigid they would crumble. The Stand is fine

Indeed, I must add Colin went to great lengths to explain the 'tubular' structure of the Dolman and how it was one of the first stands designed in such a 'Goal Post' manner. The club were very reasuring on the matter on Tuesday night at the meeting. It might feel uncomfortable, yes, but unsafe, no.

Archived