IGNORED

Oh The Arrogance!

BS4 on Tour...

A guy I know who supports West Brom sent me an email yesterday detailing all the stats from the game against us on Tuesday - shots on target, off target etc etc.

He included insulting comments like "City were never in the game, got no class players" etc etc etc.

I simply emailed him back the league table with a note saying "Here's my stats."

Why do fans of teams who are either long-established in the Championship or recently in the Premier think they can look down on clubs on the up and suggest we are always lucky etc.

I loved what Colchester did last season in the Championship - nearly made the play offs! And look at Reading in the Prem last season....

No club has a given right to be in ANY division - they have to earn their position and every point along the way.

City under GJ look resourceful, hard working, together and with some real flair.

I can't wait to ruffle some more prima donna feathers this season!

C'mon you Red boyz!!!!!!

:englandsmile4wf:

Why do fans of teams who are either long-established in the Championship or recently in the Premier think they can look down on clubs on the up and suggest we are always lucky etc.

No club has a given right to be in ANY division - they have to earn their position and every point along the way.

Let's be honest though; we always thought City didn't belong in League 1 (even in our 9th season there). There were posts on this forum moaning that teams such as Colchester, Sarfend and Scunny could get promoted ahaead of City.

A guy I know who supports West Brom sent me an email yesterday detailing all the stats from the game against us on Tuesday - shots on target, off target etc etc.

He included insulting comments like "City were never in the game, got no class players" etc etc etc.

I simply emailed him back the league table with a note saying "Here's my stats."

I loved what Colchester did last season in the Championship - nearly made the play offs! And look at Reading in the Prem last season....

City under GJ look resourceful, hard working, together and with some real flair.

C'mon you Red boyz!!!!!!

/quote]

Yeah good post - if we are that crap you should have asked him how come they didnt beat us....?! Couldn't be bothered with minnows like us I guess....!!

What game was he watching? Did he see the saves his keeper made? Sour grapes after thinking they would walk all over us and clearly didn't.

Clearly not a mate!

MM

Mind you, a Premier League parachute payment of £11 million will go a long way to softening the blow of a second season in The Championship for the Baggies.

To wheel out an old cliche, it's definitely not a level playing field in The Championship.

C'mon you Red boyz!!!!!!

I don't get it. How can he (or anyone come to that) look down on others based on players they watch.

I understand that when you watch a team you get passionate about the results. You have a vested interest in how they do.

But to turn around to another person and effectively say:

"I'm better than you because the 11 players I pay to watch outperform the 11 players you pay to watch" is madness.

We can take enjoyment from how the team is doing, but never the credit. We're just interested bystanders (especially if you sit in the williams. ho ho ho).

Is it just me?

C'mon you Red boyz!!!!!!

i agree with you..thats what were up against I'm afraid,now you,ve gone up a league you will notice the same from almost all of your opponents..

Like it or not but outside of the West Country Bristol City are seen as minnows by other clubs who have some history behind them.

I remember seeing on TV last season when City played 'Boro in the cup, they interviewed a Boro' fan not even knowing where Bristol was. He thought it was in Wales!

On my hols afew year back I was chatting to a Leeds fan who didn't know we played at AG.

Fact is that most other football fans who support Premiership or CCC clubs know nothing about us.

are u a tad deaf RR??? whenever i sit in the Dolman i can always hear the EE, & so can many others, it actually starts songs in the Dolman in block B... so the noise does carry!

i was in the EE for west brom & it was loud all game, confirmed later by a mate in block C of the Dolman

maybe my youthfull ears are more acute!

Boing Boing Baggies Baggies? Boing Boing Baggies Baggies?

Yeah right

Bouncing UP and then Bouncing Straight back down again!

Now that's a statistic that doesn't lie!

We were walking back to the car after the game and there were 2 West Brom fans walking towards us. Iasked them if they had enjoyed the game and asked if we had surprised them :surrender: by the way we played. Their answer "We thought you were rubbish" I for once was lost for words and just laughed and said see you Boxing Day!!

Like it or not but outside of the West Country Bristol City are seen as minnows by other clubs who have some history behind them.

I remember seeing on TV last season when City played 'Boro in the cup, they interviewed a Boro' fan not even knowing where Bristol was. He thought it was in Wales!

On my hols afew year back I was chatting to a Leeds fan who didn't know we played at AG.

Fact is that most other football fans who support Premiership or CCC clubs know nothing about us.

As usual Robbored gone fishing again, or under-researched. Where I am, there are more than a few know about City, and they think we're a bigger club than we are, and it has nowt to do with me being a City fan either. supporters of clubs like Manure, Hellski, the Yiddos, Gooners, Worst 'Am.. Mackems, Geordies, blue n red Scousers. enough big teams for ya?

We've played most of the lower league sides in the last twenty years anyway.

We've played most of the lower league sides in the last twenty years anyway.

And thats my point. Apart from a couple of brief spells City had been in the lower leagues for almost 30 years and 60 years before that and have not been playing the likes of Arsenal,Liverpool,Man Utd and Chelsea on a regular basis.

Hardly any of the fans that really follow these massive clubs know anything about us.

The truth is that most football fans outside the West Country see us as a small town club. Why would they see as anything else? City have no significant history or massive fan base. Untill this season TV exposure was very limited.

City are a big club in the West Country - but small fry nationally.Hopefully that perception will now start to change.

And thats my point. Apart from a couple of brief spells City had been in the lower leagues for almost 30 years and 60 years before that and have not been playing the likes of Arsenal,Liverpool,Man Utd and Chelsea on a regular basis.

Hardly any of the fans that really follow these massive clubs know anything about us.

The truth is that most football fans outside the West Country see us as a small town club. Why would they see as anything else? City have no significant history or massive fan base. Untill this season TV exposure was very limited.

City are a big club in the West Country - but small fry nationally.Hopefully that perception will now start to change.

I have no idea why you think this is so. Are those clubs I just mentioned not big enough then? I have never had any difficulty getting my team recognised. Christ they're even fully aware that there is a bunch of pikeys masquerading as a football team in our fair city-and they aint even a big club are they?

Of course the prawn brigade don't, but as I don't associate with them its not an issue.

I repeat among normal football fans of almost any team from Prem to conference, we are not an unknown quality. Being in the Championship enhances it, but its not new ground form most people we have been noticed

We were walking back to the car after the game and there were 2 West Brom fans walking towards us. Iasked them if they had enjoyed the game and asked if we had surprised them :surrender: by the way we played. Their answer "We thought you were rubbish" I for once was lost for words and just laughed and said see you Boxing Day!!

It must really p1$$ them off that their "class" team cannot even turn over our "rubbish" one. Unfortunately, many of our supporters have had this horrible type of arrogance for years in League 1 which hasn't earned us many friends at that level (we can't even get promoted before Colchester, Southend etc. etc.). We are now seeing what it is like when the boot is on the other foot and we are the small fry. It is brilliant, though, to see the fans of the so called bigger clubs almost in tears in the street because they either cannot beat or have been turned over by us. The only thing their tiny, pathetic little brain can then think of is to insult us - My Dad and I got some on Saturday from these four blokes at Coventry - and long may it continue!!!

Archived