IGNORED

Johnson And Trundle.

Seend Red

So we agree- How long do you give him before you change it?

Well Enoch isnt fit yet and Jevo isnt getting a look in so you tell me who esle weve got apart from Byfield. Sproule showed, to me anyway that he's more effective on the wing.

I agree he played well in parts LAST SEASON! That's irrelevant now, same goes for Trundle,scored two corkers against Scunny but he can't live of this for the rest of the season, your only as good as your last performance giles, harsh maybe but thats professional sport. Consistency is key if we're to do well at this level.

I agree with that comment about being as good as your last performance, but i think LJ has had a decent start this season and saturday was his worst performance of the season. Every player is going to have bad games during the season.

You can play whoever you like up top with Trundle as I don't think choice of strike partner will make a great deal of difference. I'd I agree the team probably hasn't played to his strengths all the time but the few times did does receive it to feet he just looks so predictable and get stripped of the ball all to easily.

But you have to look at the things that he can do and has done already this season. Scored 2, made 2 that instantly stick out, the goal at Blackpool and at Sheffield Weds. That is what he is capable of. And doing that will also create alot of chances for Byfield that he will put away 9 times out of 10.

Moaning or an opinion on Trundle & Johnson? You say Johnson played well on Saturday apart from his mistakes, those mistakes cost us goals which cost us points. Trundle was not effective for the 1st to the 90th minute. Why is it because we've started well we just have to settle for that and not look to improve? I genuinely believe with a few changes to the side we could do something in this league as Ive not been overly impressed with what Ive see of our oppenents.Apart from WBA and Watford this league will be wide open-Let's show some ambition to go even further, why settle for what we have just because we didn't expect so do as well as we are?

I can only speak for myself when I say I'm not slagging players off, I just think some are struggling to come to terms with life in the CCC, both could possibly do with a rest and a place on the bench v PNE.

Whats wrong with that?

How did johnsons mistakes cost us the points??? The defence's inability to clear the ball when they had three chances to do it cost us the points regardless of when LJ give the ball away

Would agree with you on the Trundle issue if we don't see more from him in the next game

How did johnsons mistakes cost us the points??? The defence's inability to clear the ball when they had three changes to do it cost us the points regardless of when LJ give the ball away

Would agree with you on the Trundle issue if we don't see more from him in the next game

Agreed. Carey is the main man to blame for their 2nd IMO. He had the chance to clear it for a throw but instead he just booted it in the same direction it was already going. Then Elliott came off the post which you should never do if your defending the post.

Agreed. Carey is the main man to blame for their 2nd IMO. He had the chance to clear it for a throw but instead he just booted it in the same direction it was already going. Then Elliott came off the post which you should never do if your defending the post.

Carey made a valiant effort to put the ball out for a throw-in, but he never really had a chance.

I thought Trundle had apoor game but we wern't playing to his strengths at all, he's an incredibly gifted player with his feet but a target man he is not, lumping th ball up to him is going to make him look poor, he made a cpuple of good chances for others, set up Sproule iirc for a good chance which kirali saved, but on though whole he wasn't brilliant partly down to his touch being poor for some reason and us not playing to his strengths.

LJ is a strange player, he can provide that killer ball and if it's working it's worth having him in the side despite his other failings, but if it's not te blokle becomes a liability. For the first time i've seen this season Elliot had a good game rather than the exceptional performances he's been putting in, and Johnson looked horribly exposed and was a liability in central midfield. When He's got the space and time he can be great but we are relying on Elliot to put in a shift and a half at least to cover for Johnsons inadequacies, the biggest thing Johnson lacks for me is the ability to create the space for himself to play, something that nobes is very good at. Teams are already getting wise to this, look at the way WBA closed him down Chaplow and Greening always got close to LJ and he was basically annonymous for 90 minutes. He hasn't got the skill on the ball to move the ball away from his man and play a good ball quickly.

I wouldn't dop LJ yet as he's not looked poor until saturday (which i think is partly down to elliots exceptional performances) but i still think Nobes offers more in midfield, so when he's fit he's got to be given a run out (from the bench) to see what he can do at this level. Hopefully having nobes ready and waiting in the wings will spur Johnson on to pull out a similar level of performance that he was in the latter part of last season.

Incorrect on two instances. Firstly, like Johnson, Carey can't be blamed for conceeding a corner. We've conceded many corners this season and hadn't conceded a goal until saturday, so to blame Carey is ridiculous.

Secondly, it was Byfield on the post, Elliott lost the first header. We then had 3 instances to clear it, so guess what? It was the team's fault we conceded. I know that doesn't create a scapegoat, but it's true!

Facts, seem to be irrelevant here... :disapointed2se:

Incorrect on two instances. Firstly, like Johnson, Carey can't be blamed for conceeding a corner. We've conceded many corners this season and hadn't conceded a goal until saturday, so to blame Carey is ridiculous.

Secondly, it was Byfield on the post, Elliott lost the first header. We then had 3 instances to clear it, so guess what? It was the team's fault we conceded. I know that doesn't create a scapegoat, but it's true!

Did you not see Carey boot the ball in the same direction the ball was already going when he couldve easily cleared it for a throw. LJ did his best to clear a dropping volley which anyone can get wrong.

Well i saw Elliott come out and was the nearest bloke to Carlisle when he hit it.

It seems the Bristol supporters are not happy with Trunds? How about The Swans buy him back off you in January? We could do with him at the moment, he's left a massive gap in our strikeforce. Hope it all works out for Lee, give him time and he'll be a hero at Ashton Gate, just like he is down at The Liberty.

Once we learn to stop hitting long high balls at him and play Byfield along side him he'll come good I reckon.

You are correct, it was the teams fault for conceding but most on this forum like to make LJ the SCAPEGOAT FOR EVERYTHING!

Maybe he was behind the Jose sacking too :whistle2:

Archived