IGNORED

Johnson And Trundle.

Seend Red

Both poor again today, Johnson responsible for the first of Burnleys goals and Trundle my as well of been invisable for what he contributed.

Byfield must start week in week out, the natural goal scorer we've been craving for so long.....Elliott great again in the middle.

2-2 disappointing but still unbeaten and 4th in the Championship.

Trundle sort it out. At this rate I'll be asking for Jevons back in the side :disapointed2se:

Trundle was missing today, BUT you have to question the balls that are played into our front line full stop. He has to have it in to his feet not floated into his head where he has no chance. Think he won 1 out of about 15 balls in the air against carlise..distribution was poor all round especially from the flanks

Both poor again today, Johnson responsible for the first of Burnleys goals and Trundle my as well of been invisable for what he contributed.

Byfield must start week in week out, the natural goal scorer we've been craving for so long.....Elliott great again in the middle.

Trundle sort it out. At this rate I'll be asking for Jevons back in the side :disapointed2se:

wonder if swansea would take him back for 500K???

Spot on. Trundle and Johnson were the least effective players in the City side today and to be honest Johnson hasn't really had a good game yet this season.

I'm begining to have doubts about Trundle. The goals against Scunny were a glimpse of what he can do but in the last two games he's been anonymous. He's very predictable - all left sided and at CCC level defenders are much harder to beat than down in the lower leagues. The other worry is that Trundle isn't even getting into goal scoring positions - its not as if he's missing chances - he ain't getting any.

That said - with Byfield hitting the net regularly maybe Trundle will forge a partnership with him.I can't see Johnson 'resting' his £1m striker.

Trundle was poor today but just like every game so far he had two players in his back every time he got the ball because he was not getting any help from his partner. Play him alongside Byfield a bit and we'll see a different player.

Johnson gave the ball away 5 times in his own half in the first 45 minutes. I can forgive hollywood passes that don't come off in the opposition half but not in your own one. It needs to improve and if Noble is fit he should be on the bench to put some pressure on and give us the option.

I can understand why GJ didn't take him off, not nepotism but the proven fact that he can turn a game, but we need to have an alternative and it isn't Skuse.

All that said, both players have been ever presents in a team that has got off to an unexpected fantastic start so dropping either would be very harsh.

Two seperate players so we'll deal with them seperately.

Johnson, shame he made a sloppy mistake for the first goal, because up until that point he was outstanding. Spraying good balls around, and didn't give the ball away once. After the first goal his head went down, but still did ok, workrate was much improved. Paniced into conceding a corner at the death which was avoidable. 6/10

Trundle, was very poor even on the rare occassions that we gave him the ball in the right areas. I still have faith in him, he hasn't lost in a bristol city shirt, and think the pairing with Byfield can work, but he needs to produce much much more of a spark. Almost like playing with ten at times. 5/10

Boring predictive comment.

In the next game Trundle will probably score 2 and Johnson will make a delightful pass and you will be calling them legends.

FFS we are 4th in the Championship exceeding all expectations and yet you can still manage to point out bad performances from arguably our two most creative players.

Your boring.

I don't like slagging off players but Johnson was really poor today and was the cause of giving both goals away but like i said in my previous post

Onwards and Upwards!

We're Still Unbeaten!

Spot on mate,Johnson responsible for both goals,we have now dropped to 4th place in the league,but as you say onwards and upwards we must go,however not all doom and gloom we are still unbeaten in the championship

In the next game Trundle will probably score 2 and Johnson will make a delightful pass and you will be calling them legends.

FFS we are 4th in the Championship exceeding all expectations and yet you can still manage to point out bad performances from arguably our two most creative players.

Your boring.

well said, some people seem to be forgetting where we are!

Your boring.

Hear hear. We are 4th n the championship, we havent lost yet, and it was only a few weeks ago that some people on here were wondering where we would get enough points from to stay in this league. If everyone got behind the team and encouraged them, they may suprise a few.. GJ picks the team, and the team he is picking at present has doen bloody well so far this season IMO.

In all honesty lee johnson was at fault for both goals today, yes he can pass the ball well. but just because he passes it well dosnt mean he is good enough to be in the current team. he cant tackle, cant defend, trys all these fancy balls and tricks and c*cks it up johnson, he dosent even look like he tries hard ffs!!! anyone ever seen the bloke sprint??? in my opinion GJ should take a good look at him.

I think thats unfair, our support at the grounds this season have been pretty good.

Sorry mate, I worded that wrong. I cant understand why people are so keen to knock the players this early in the season.

I get abit fed up with people moaning when we are doing so well. I have been to most games at home this season, and Cov away, and the support has been excellent..

Your boring.

I agree with this 100%

whats all this s**t about putting players down were 4th in the championship still unbeaten

chill out anyone would think were 4th from bottom with only a handful of points to our name

One thing that i found funny about today though was there was a bloke sat next to me who clapped and even sung a song to praise Ade akinbiyi but then 2mins later was calling lee trundle a fat lazy bar steward what a muppet this bloke is i hope he reads this and releases hes been a plonker

Your boring.

Sorry for pointing out 2 areas where I saw weaknesses in todays team, I'm delighted we're 4th but that doesnt mean we can't improve.

You stick your head in the sand and pretend Trundle played well and everything is wonderful but the fact of the matter is the bloke struggling at this level.

Rather than insulting me you mug tell me how you thought they both performed against Coventry and WBA & today?

Welcome to collis world :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Sorry for pointing out 2 areas where I saw weaknesses in todays team, I'm delighted we're 4th but that doesnt mean we can't improve.

You stick your head in the sand and pretend Trundle played well and everything is wonderful but the fact of the matter is the bloke struggling at this level.

Rather than insulting me you mug tell me how you thought they both performed against Coventry and WBA & today?

Welcome to collis world :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Once again you talk absolute rubbish!

Where did I say that Trundle played well?

I chose not to comment because he (and LJ) are apart of a successful team that is playing well and beyond our expectations.

It was ##### like you who said that we wouldnt get promoted under GJ, and its all wrong.

Get a life. When Trundle scores a goal you will cheer and although his last few games have not been his best it is ludicrous to speculate that he can't perform at this level.

:disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se: moan moan ###### moan have we lost yet?????? are we 4th in the CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!get behind the players Trundle will come good. I would have more chance than Jevo of getting in the side

Your boring.

Exactly it is boring, the same people moaning last season made quotes like 'we won't get anywhere in this division with Johnson in charge', 'Basso is a clown', 'Johnson is a conference manager', 'we'll regret not kissing Stewarts arse', we should never have let Bridges go' and then went on to tell us all how much we are going to struggle in the championship.

The trouble is when muppets make these ridiculous statements, they then feel the need to jump on any morsel that may give creedence to their cause.

Is it ok to ask those keen to "point out areas of weakness" where they thought we'd be sitting after 7 games before this season started?

Because unless you expected a second sucessive promotion this year I'd give the two players you are so keen to be critical of a bit of a break.

We are 4th and unbeaten in the league (along with only Arsenal, Liverpool and Leeds), and considering we've just faced three of the form teams in the league and taken 7 points off them I'd say we're doing ok. Let's concentrate on the positives shall we?

Seend Red, very rarely have a pop at you mate,but christ were 7 games in, 4th in the league, and things will only get better mate!

Trundle is CLASS, when after prob 12/15 games he,s knows where he,s to, he WILL shine.

Oh, by the way, if someone said to you, draw 4, win 3, and be 4th in the league, youd snap their hands off

Oh, by the way, if someone said to you, draw 4, win 3, and be 4th in the league, youd snap their hands off

Exactly arn, especially looking at the games we had.

Just think;

if we win at Preston next week we'll have a 2 point per game average.

This time last year? 1.5

Even if we lose we'll have made a point more than at the same stage last year, and considering that we just need to survive this seaso that's pretty decent going.

Plus, Darren Byfield cost around £250K and has scored 3 goals in 95 minutes for us. Looks like a great signing to me.

Strange. Apart from the two mistakes that led to their goals I thought he had a really good game!

Placed a lot of good passes, both short and long and seldomly gave it away. Also made far more tackles than usual.

Shame about those two costly mistakes....

Before today I was advocating using two holding players in midfield replacing Johnson with Skuse. However, apart from those two mistakes, Johnson played a very energetic game today, driving us forward and spreading play excellently in the second half, which fired our revival from 0-1 down, against a team that defended deep. You're right about Lee's tackling, it was a vast improvement on previous performances.

As for the second goal, I've already mentioned in another thread that we gifted the ball to Burnley from our own free-kick, after Byfield headed the ball across the penalty area with no City player in attendance. Furthermore, our defending for that corner was atrocious and the team have a collective ressponsibility for that.

As for dropping Trundle, you must be having a laugh. I mean we're bursting with fit and / or capable strikers at the moment, aren't we? Trundle will improve with a natural strike partner, but I'd also advocate an emergency loan signing for another striker as cover for LT and DB.

I'm sorry guys but too many on here are making excuses for Lee Trundle. How many games is it going to take for Lee to prove his worth? After 5 games, after 7, now it's 12/15 before we see the best from him! I'm sorry, thats just not good enough.

Yes, I am overjoyed with our start, but the longer this goes on, the more it's going to effect the fringe players as they watch a player who constantly under performs, and still is the first 11. The problem is, LT23's rep has followed him from Swansea, he has a long way to go before he can earn that with Bristol City FC.

Fancy flicks, nutmegs, and taking two defenders out of the game frankly is not good enough if there is no end result. He was brought to the club to score goals; and he needs to start doing that soon. The problem is, who do you replace him with. No-one seems to like Jevo, no thinks Enoch is good enough for this league. What Lee needs is competition and I think that if Brooker gets himself fit, it might be the kick up the arse that LT23 needs. If Brooker doesn't fully recover, I think we need to look at a loan signing or another addition in January.

I hope Lee proves me wrong, trust me, I would be happy if he did and eat humble pie but as each game passes, I am less confident. It is just a matter of time before fans will turn on him.

As for Lee Johnson, give the guy a ######ing break! Maybe he's just adjusting just like trunds.

Archived