IGNORED

This Forum

BCFChris

I don't post very often anymore as I find the moderation of the forum a bit OTT, but just recently I have noticed that the amount of new topics being posted has also deteriated as well! Since our last game on saturday there has only been approx. 30 new threads. Three years ago this would have been posted in a day!

As I type only 56 members are browsing the forum, this used to be well over the 100 mark most afternoons back then.

Is this due to the lack of characters on here now? Dr Faustas, Stuck In Work and many others that made this forum interesting have now disappeared. Too some degree I even miss AshtonYate as at least he made the forum a little more lively.

Is this due to the lack of characters on here now? Dr Faustas, Stuck In Work and many others that made this forum interesting have now disappeared. Too some degree I even miss AshtonYate as at least he made the forum a little more lively.

We've got plenty of ye olde characters from this forum signed up to Subcider. ashtonyate is our latest 'big name' signing and he's still on top form with a new academy thread. :winner_third_h4h:

greenandredrebel - maybe bucksred on here - has waded in with some quite brilliant rhetoric on a 'Mugabe' thread.

Not least, I've got my own soapbox as well......... :farmer: .......

This forum is about 200% busier than 12 months ago if thats anything to judge how its going. Last month it went over 2m page impressions for about only the 3rd time in its lifetime and its on course to do that again this month.

I think you are being harsh about the moderation on here, it's nowhere near as 'OTT' as it used to be and we've done our best to let posters have second chances, we've tried to clamp down on posters attacking others. It's no good sitting there and saying you don't post because this and that.. you are being defeatest before you even get started.

Think it is just because club are doing well at the moment. Interesting to note that since last weekend lots of posts about Lee Johnson not playing well, things about defending the last minute carner badly but I don't think there has been a single one saying what a brilliant header Byfield put in for the first goal (possibly one of the best headed goals for years). I think that shows that people find it easier to criticise than to praise. But then bad news has always sold better than good news!

Perhaps we are all guilty of not starting enough new and original threads.. note to self: must try harder.

Think it is just because club are doing well at the moment. Interesting to note that since last weekend lots of posts about Lee Johnson not playing well, things about defending the last minute carner badly but I don't think there has been a single one saying what a brilliant header Byfield put in for the first goal (possibly one of the best headed goals for years). I think that shows that people find it easier to criticise than to praise. But then bad news has always sold better than good news!

Perhaps we are all guilty of not starting enough new and original threads.. note to self: must try harder.

i will correct you there i made a major play on Byefields header and call for him to start in one of my posts.

This forum is about 200% busier than 12 months ago if thats anything to judge how its going. Last month it went over 2m page impressions for about only the 3rd time in its lifetime and its on course to do that again this month.

I think you are being harsh about the moderation on here, it's nowhere near as 'OTT' as it used to be and we've done our best to let posters have second chances, we've tried to clamp down on posters attacking others. It's no good sitting there and saying you don't post because this and that.. you are being defeatest before you even get started.

There may be more people looking at the forum Tom, but that does not mean to say there are as many people posting anymore or quality posts. How many threads do we really need about the Lee's, you have got to admit it is getting a little bit boring!

There may be more people looking at the forum Tom, but that does not mean to say there are as many people posting anymore or quality posts. How many threads do we really need about the Lee's, you have got to admit it is getting a little bit boring!

Agreed!

Fans would rather come on here and slag players off, rather than post constructive criticism. The same old retric, slag slag slag, thats all "fans" seem to do now.

Well get posting then. You can't sit by the sides and complain that the post quality is poor and then say you don't post because ot if.

At the moment there isn't a lot to complain about so naturally its quieter.

that's not a very nice way to talk about the women on here. Some of them have very good views

Too true. This forum definitely wouldn't be the same without women would it now Giles!

I think there is a place for everybody, young and old, moaners and happy clappys and everybody inbetween. After all we all want the same thing don't we???

I think people are right that we are going through good times at the moment, and some people don't post in praise of that, but are all too readily there to point out when things are bad. I'm not against criticism, after all GJ and some players have recently aknowledged below par performances, but that only shows how high they have set the standard and what benchmark they are working towards.

If people don't think there are enough interesting posts to debate why not start a topic themselves more often, after all that's what a Forum is all about???

I think the moderation is fairly relaxed, it is a site suitable for all ages after all. If people think they are overmodded maybe there are more suitable sites for their posts elsewhere. Just my personal view.

EDIT: Whilst I was typing this Tom said just about it all anyway!

Too true. This forum definitely wouldn't be the same without women would it now Giles!

I think there is a place for everybody, young and old, moaners and happy clappys and everybody inbetween. After all we all want the same thing don't we???

I think people are right that we are going through good times at the moment, and some people don't post in praise of that, but are all too readily there to point out when things are bad. I'm not against criticism, after all GJ and some players have recently aknowledged below par performances, but that only shows how high they have set the standard and what benchmark they are working towards.

If people don't think there are enough interesting posts to debate why not start a topic themselves more often, after all that's what a Forum is all about???

I think the moderation is fairly relaxed, it is a site suitable for all ages after all. If people think they are overmodded maybe there are more suitable sites for their posts elsewhere. Just my personal view.

EDIT: Whilst I was typing this Tom said just about it all anyway!

No it wouldnt be the same. Whether that's in a good or bad way i don't know :disapointed2se::whistle2::surrender:

Seriously, i find it hard to disagree with any of that. People are reluctant (i guess you could say) to praise the team/management when things are going well, but as soon as something bad happens, IE Burnley's 2nd goal saturday, then its suddenly the end of the world.

To be honest, i really don't think GJ and the players need us to moan when we don't play well because they know it themselves and are quick to admit it. So some of the criticism in unfair. If, on the other hand, we had a bad game, but somehow got some sort of result, and GJ and the players didnt say we were poor, then fair enough, moan.

Also, personally, i think the criticism Lee Johnson gets is unbelievably unfair. He was one of our best players last season and has had a solid start to this season. Every player makes mistakes and to try and clear a dipping ball on the volley isnt the easiest thing in the world to do. Even when he does have a blinder, scores 1 and sets 2 more up, people criticisee him.

Not going to comment on the moderation as i think its unfair to put the mods under any more pressure than they already are. What i will say though is fair play to Tom for trying to stamp out all of the personal attacks. Sure, people on here arent going to like others on here, there's certainly people on here and their viwes i don't like and i'm sure there's people that don't like me or my views. That's a fact of life.

Think that's it...

It is boring Chris.

Perhaps Mr Ashtonyate should be invited back.

He could always cause mayhem between posters.

How long is he banned for anyway?

Archived