IGNORED

Who Doubted We Couldnt Compete At This Level?

Dolman Block B

Compete?

Were showing pure class, and this start is as good as its get!

A draw, against a side who were one of the pre seasons favourites for promotion, and a game we SHOULD of won in the 2nd half!

The lads are showing pure "grit and togetherness"

Old City sides would have sat on their laurels for a draw, this lot went for the win, and were unlucky not to get it!

Without getting to carried away, i honestly belive we can make top 10 at least, if not even better!

Compete?

A draw, against a side who were one of the pre seasons favourites for promotion, and a game we SHOULD of won in the 2nd half!

Old City sides would have sat on their laurels for a draw, this lot went for the win, and were unlucky not to get it!

Without getting to carried away, i honestly belive we can make top 10 at least, if not even better!

They are a side at the bottom without many goals scored. Whilst I'm pleased with the first 8 games, it's just that 8 games. The season is long.

Top half is a realistic aim IMO, especially if we continue to draw a lot of games.

Even before the season started I predicted we would finish top half of the table. From what I have seen so far I still believe we will finish in the top half. And maybe with one or two additions in January, and get Brooks fit then we could possibly have a push for the play offs.

Alot of people doubted us after defeats against Forest Green in Pre Season. I hope the start we have had which is our best start for many many years goes some way to convince them that the good times are on the way.

I did, and so did a lot of others on this board who would happily have setttled for 21st place at the start of the season.

GJ and the players didn't and that's what matters.

Yep, that was me too! 'As long as we are still here come May' was my quote I believe.

great start GJ and the lads, well done!

U REDS

Watch out for manager of the month though :noexpression:

To be fair I think though that there is still a very, very long way to go yet.

Exactly. It's hard to say what will happen in this league but I agree with GJ when he says it is a tight league.

For those of us saying 21st would be fine, we remember what happened last time we came up and talked about making the playoffs etc.

I did, and so did a lot of others on this board who would happily have setttled for 21st place at the start of the season.

GJ and the players didn't and that's what matters.

I agree, this league so far has not matched my expectations, anyone can beat anyone pretty much, look at the 10 games played today;

7 draws and 2 games with a one goal margin.

GJ must be in with a good shout of the managers award.

i always thought we would have enough to stay up but i have to admit

the boys have got off to a far better start than i could have hoped for

this has to be a season of consolidation and hopefully we will be ok

i agree that top 10 may be a possibility after the start we have had, and i hope we do make top 10,

but any mid table finish this season will, in my book, be the result of a great first season back at the higher level.

it is very early to be writing any teams off, and the table wont mean too much till after about 15 games, but at least we

have got ourselves into a great position to work on

come on you robins, and lets all get behind the boys all season long, no matter what happens !

:city:

:devil::devil::devil:

Compete?

I'm not sure that people were saying that City wouldn't be able to compete in the CCC. The questions asked were about whether City would have the quality to survive.

So far City have proved that there is sufficient quality in the squad even though it was missing today according to Johnson.

Exactly. It's hard to say what will happen in this league but I agree with GJ when he says it is a tight league.

For those of us saying 21st would be fine, we remember what happened last time we came up and talked about making the playoffs etc.

Last time we came up we were marooned within a couple of months of the season starting. I don't remember much talk of play offs once the season got underway. It is unrealistic to expect that now but unexpected points we get now are points in the bank come April and May. Great start.

Compete?

The whole club have Amazing spirit at the moment. Long may it continue!

What has really surprised me is how well City, Blackpool &Scunny have ALL done.

We are on cloud nine at the moment, imagine how Scunny fans must be feeling.

Its still early days and there is a long way to go,

I doubt all 3 promoted teams will be 'up there' come May 08. Lets just hope we might be - Come on you Reds!

I'm not sure that people were saying that City wouldn't be able to compete in the CCC. The questions asked were about whether City would have the quality to survive.

So far City have proved that there is sufficient quality in the squad even though it was missing today according to Johnson.

Alan.we will finish top ten.trust me.

I find such confidence overbearing at times. How anyone can say with any certainty where we'll finish in May is beyond because the overiding fact is that anyone can beat anyone in this league.

For me, yes we've had a decent start but the fact we're conceding such silly, late goals at home concerns me. After all, if we'd have kept QPR and Burnley out from scoring stoppage time equaliser's at the Gate, we'd be sat on 18 pts from 8 games and sat comfortably at the top of the league.

I find such confidence overbearing at times. How anyone can say with any certainty where we'll finish in May is beyond because the overiding fact is that anyone can beat anyone in this league.

For me, yes we've had a decent start but the fact we're conceding such silly, late goals at home concerns me. After all, if we'd have kept QPR and Burnley out from scoring stoppage time equaliser's at the Gate, we'd be sat on 18 pts from 8 games and sat comfortably at the top of the league.

You say that "anyone can beat anyone" but the fact is that nobody can beat us at the moment!!!. There you go, I've just put the mockers on us. Reallistically though, the aim has to be to get to 55 points ASAP then see how many games are left (hopefully) and assess where we can go from there. If we have 55 points by New Years Day then trust me, we are going places!!

We are proving to be very competitive at all levels, with some of our better players still to come.

The league table shows us as 3rd with 14 points, and unbeaten. However it is worth noting that the 12th placed team are just 3 points behind us. To me this is a good indication that like us, teams are still working out their selections and formations. So many new players, styles etc, I would think a lot of teams will need at least the first block of 10 to get it sorted.

Pre season I mentioned 15 points in the first block of 10, we are almost there with 2 games to go. I also mentioned the second block of 10 being much harder, in fact 10-12 points may well be a tough target

I await our meeting with Stoke with interest. Big, fast and tough, they will be a real handful if they come out with bullying tactics. Definately worth waiting for.

Alan.we will finish top ten.trust me.

I hope you're right.

There is still a whopping 38 games to go and imo it'll be December before we'll have any idea about where City might finish come May. This time last season Sunderland were down the bottom and went on to get promoted. Things can change so quickly.

Three points 'oop norf' on Tuesday would great......

The whole club have Amazing spirit at the moment. Long may it continue!

What has really surprised me is how well City, Blackpool &Scunny have ALL done.

We are on cloud nine at the moment, imagine how Scunny fans must be feeling.

Its still early days and there is a long way to go,

I doubt all 3 promoted teams will be 'up there' come May 08. Lets just hope we might be - Come on you Reds!

Good point, and a great draw for Blackpool at Watford.

Be nice to see all 3 teams survive, and at the moment its looking good.

Sometimes in a season, you have to grind out results, under Mourhinho Chelsea made into an art form and even Man U had to now & then last season, sometimes quality has to be sacrificed. Quality is important but alone won't win you promotion, cups or leagues.

Yep yer probably right Tin.

But better to be positive than negitive, and if i commented we,ll finish bottom four, that would go down like a lead ballon mate!

Compete?

Sorry to be a miserable git but...... we could of easily been at least 2 or 3 down by half time but for some very poor finishing from a very poor Preston side we would of been.

We did however show some great team spirit and battling qualities and could of easily nicked it at the end from a great Murray shot; I was dissapointed with Trundle, mind if we insist on the high ball to him............ anyway didnt think we were that good yesterday but Preston were worse.

Maybe time to give Trundle a break i.m.h.o dispite his big fee....but hey what do I know he`ll no doubt score now on Tues? :fingerscrossed:

Sorry to be a miserable git but...... we could of easily been at least 2 or 3 down by half time but for some very poor finishing from a very poor Preston side we would of been.

We did however show some great team spirit and battling qualities and could of easily nicked it at the end from a great Murray shot; I was dissapointed with Trundle, mind if we insist on the high ball to him............ anyway didnt think we were that good yesterday but Preston were worse.

Maybe time to give Trundle a break i.m.h.o dispite his big fee....but hey what do I know he`ll no doubt score now on Tues? :fingerscrossed:

I'm just over the moon were still unbeaten GB.

Yep yer probably right Tin.

But better to be positive than negitive, and if i commented we,ll finish bottom four, that would go down like a lead ballon mate!

Oh, absolutely. We're doing unbelievably well at the moment but the acid test will be how we respond to defeat.

The lads are unbeatable at the moment but that run will come to an end at some point this season and I reckon it'll be our response to that which will be a better indicator as to how we'll fare in the long-run.

Archived