IGNORED

Time To Make Some Changes

ashley (city's no1 fan)

Despite this great start to our championship season i think GJ needs to change things, he needs to start Byfield up front with Trundle and Trunds can lay the ball off to Byfield to make more goals (hopefully) and now Mccombe and Noble are back we need to give them a chance by bringing in Noble for Johnson who isn't offering much at the moment as much as i like Lee he needs to be on the bench for the next game. Mccombe could start on the bench and will be a good addition should Fonts or Carey not be playing to their best.

I think Sproule should play on the right wing as that is his favoured position and i also think skuse and murray were a good addition off the bench so that can stay the same.

team to play Barnsley

Basso

Orr Carey Fontaine McAllister

Sproule Elliott Noble Mcindoe

Trundle Byfield

Bench

Weale

Mccombe

Skuse/Johnson

Murray

Jevons

The only trouble is it leaves no space for Wilson unless he plays RB but bradley orr has done well their so far.

THOUGHTS PLEASE.

Despite this great start to our championship season i think GJ needs to change things, he needs to start Byfield up front with Trundle and Trunds can lay the ball off to Byfield to make more goals (hopefully) and now Mccombe and Noble are back we need to give them a chance by bringing in Noble for Johnson who isn't offering much at the moment as much as i like Lee he needs to be on the bench for the next game. Mccombe could start on the bench and will be a good addition should Fonts or Carey not be playing to their best.

I think Sproule should play on the right wing as that is his favoured position and i also think skuse and murray were a good addition off the bench so that can stay the same.

team to play Barnsley

Basso

Orr Carey Fontaine McAllister

Sproule Elliott Noble Mcindoe

Trundle Byfield

Bench

Weale

Mccombe

Skuse/Johnson

Murray

Jevons

The only trouble is it leaves no space for Wilson unless he plays RB but bradley orr has done well their so far.

THOUGHTS PLEASE.

Why not re-sign Marcus Stewart and put him up front with Byfield, that'll improve the dressing room, why fix what is'nt broke.

I agree it's time for a change or two. At Preston yesterday we just didn't look right. It's time to get Sproule out on the wing because the guy is just not a striker. Byfield needs to start - he looks a handful and have been impressed with his cameos at Coventry/Burnley/Preston. I wouldn't make wholesale changes. Whilst I haven't been overly impressed with Johnson/McAllister this season so far, I think too many changes at one time might upset the balance of the team. However, I would get Byfield up front and try Sproule on the right on Tuesday

I agree it's time for a change or two. At Preston yesterday we just didn't look right. It's time to get Sproule out on the wing because the guy is just not a striker. Byfield needs to start - he looks a handful and have been impressed with his cameos at Coventry/Burnley/Preston. I wouldn't make wholesale changes. Whilst I haven't been overly impressed with Johnson/McAllister this season so far, I think too many changes at one time might upset the balance of the team. However, I would get Byfield up front and try Sproule on the right on Tuesday

How can it be broke we are in our highest league position since 1980, that's 27 years.

How can it be broke we are in our highest league position since 1980, that's 27 years.

it can be improved though and we could get our highest league position for more than 27 years, no disrespect to GJ or Bristol City as we are doing very well i was just stating that things could improve to make things even better for us

it can be improved though and we could get our highest league position for more than 27 years, no disrespect to GJ or Bristol City as we are doing very well i was just stating that things could improve to make things even better for us

and if your plan dosen't work, the vultures on here will then say 'why change a successful team', that's why he's a manager and your not, he's right and your not.

and if your plan dosen't work, the vultures on here will then say 'why change a successful team', that's why he's a manager and your not, he's right and your not.

i thought a forum was to express your opinions and views, no need to slate me like that, i will remember to keep quiet next time :surrender:

Byfield for Sproule is a change that most City fans would like to see but to keep Sproule in the team in means that Wilson would have to make way.I cant see Johnson wanting to drop Wilson whose defensive qualities are far better than Sproules. A straight swop between Byfield and Sproule is more likely but would you want to lose the electric pace that Sproule has from the team especially away from home?

Changing the side is not as straighforward as some fans seem to think.

So you still all think Trundle should retain his place after anthoer quiet game?

Apart from one spectacular game Trundle has been a disapointment to most fans.Showumni might be a better option as the 'hold up' man but can anyone see Johnson dropping his 1million pound signing so early in the season?

How is it a successful team, the seasons bloody 8 games old. It will only be successful with we keep our place in the CCC! It's great to get results away from home, but we didn't turn up in the first half, and we have been riding our luck in a number of games this season.

When that luck runs out, you will see were the changes are really needed

Apart from one spectacular game Trundle has been a disapointment to most fans.Showumni might be a better option as the 'hold up' man but can anyone see Johnson dropping his 1million pound signing so early in the season?

He is going to have to if he fails to impress yet again on Tuesday night. GJ is big enough to make that decision if its right for the team.

It might be what Lee needs too, and shows the rest of the team that there is no room for "no shows" regardless of their value or reputation

i thought a forum was to express your opinions and views, no need to slate me like that, i will remember to keep quiet next time :surrender:

Not slating you, 10 years before you were born, we suffered 3 relegations in 3 seasons (still a record), The past 27 years have been dire with the odd false dawn, We have had a succession of 3rd rate managers who in turn signed 3rd rate players, I really feel for the first time since 1976, We are heading in the right direction, We have a great manager, a great squad and the best team spirit since the old 'platform 1' days (ask an older relative about that one), i'm sure GJ is thinking about changes and i'm sure Byfield will slot in when GJ thinks he's fit enough, I just can't understand the the doom and gloom, Next year will be the 50th since I watched my first game at AG and in that time i've heard and seen it all, I am not a happy clappy (far from it) during the Wilson era (which many still look back on with fondness) I thought he was an overpaid arrogant egotist and I said so on this forum.

I have the memory of 4 years in the top flight, Just make the most of this moment, cos' when you reach my age it might be the pinnacle of your 50 years of support, that is the joy being of City fan is all about.

Not slating you, 10 years before you were born, we suffered 3 relegations in 3 seasons (still a record), The past 27 years have been dire with the odd false dawn, We have had a succession of 3rd rate managers who in turn signed 3rd rate players, I really feel for the first time since 1976, We are heading in the right direction, We have a great manager, a great squad and the best team spirit since the old 'platform 1' days (ask an older relative about that one), i'm sure GJ is thinking about changes and i'm sure Byfield will slot in when GJ thinks he's fit enough, I just can't understand the the doom and gloom, Next year will be the 50th since I watched my first game at AG and in that time i've heard and seen it all, I am not a happy clappy (far from it) during the Wilson era (which many still look back on with fondness) I thought he was an overpaid arrogant egotist and I said so on this forum.

I have the memory of 4 years in the top flight, Just make the most of this moment, cos' when you reach my age it might be the pinnacle of your 50 years of support, that is the joy being of City fan is all about.

My god man, it not doom and gloom, we are talking about a good team that has been carrying a big signing for most of the season.

How long do you want to give Lee to turn it around?? 5, 10,15 games, or just wait until we start losing 2,3 games on the bounce. Continous Improvement, don't just settle for what we have, we have to look at tinkering slightly to make the Bristol City team more efficient machine and maybe grabbing a couple more wins at the expense of draws. It's just a matter of time before it shows that we are carrying an individual

My god man, it not doom and gloom, we are talking about a good team that has been carrying a big signing for most of the season.

How long do you want to give Lee to turn it around?? 5, 10,15 games, or just wait until we start losing 2,3 games on the bounce. Continous Improvement, don't just settle for what we have, we have to look at tinkering slightly to make the Bristol City team more efficient machine and maybe grabbing a couple more wins at the expense of draws. It's just a matter of time before it shows that we are carrying an individual

But actually according to 'the movement for change', it is 3 players that we are carrying:- Trundle, Johnson jr and Sproule, 25% of the team and we are still 3rd, I say again can you guarantee your change will work.

Keep expressing your views mate. Your views are as valid as anybody else's, so don't let other people's stupid comments put you off.

For what it's worth, I agree with you that we've started the season well but there are areas which can be improved. And you can be damn sure that GJ knows this as well!

But actually according to 'the movement for change', it is 3 players that we are carrying:- Trundle, Johnson jr and Sproule, 25% of the team and we are still 3rd, I say again can you guarantee your change will work.

Can you garanteeit won't work?? Thats the joy of football management rumbellow. Teams get changed in the prem all them time, constantly looking to improve in different areas of the team.

We have a second team available that helped get us get where we are today, are they ready for the step up, who knows, but we will not know until they are given a chance.

Yes we are third, but the teams are close on points, a couple of bad results could see us tumble to the lower reaches of the league.

Can you garanteeit won't work?? Thats the joy of football management rumbellow. Teams get changed in the prem all them time, constantly looking to improve in different areas of the team.

We have a second team available that helped get us get where we are today, are they ready for the step up, who knows, but we will not know until they are given a chance.

Yes we are third, but the teams are close on points, a couple of bad results could see us tumble to the lower reaches of the league.

You are correct, but there is also a thing called team spirit and faith (managers faith in players) let me make an analogy, if in your work, your company was steadily improving profit wise, but thought they could improve it by promoting somebody above your head, I expect you will be turning cartwheels.

You are correct, but there is also a thing called team spirit and faith (managers faith in players) let me make an analogy, if in your work, your company was steadily improving profit wise, but thought they could improve it by promoting somebody above your head, I expect you will be turning cartwheels.

Wouldn't happen, I'm doing great in my job :innocent06:

If it's a team effort, I would have to accept it. I would be annoyed, but I would be professional and strive to improve. Then make sure the next improvement was down to me.

If there was room for improvement, I must not have been doing my jb to the best of my abilities

Byfield for Sproule is a change that most City fans would like to see but to keep Sproule in the team in means that Wilson would have to make way.I cant see Johnson wanting to drop Wilson whose defensive qualities are far better than Sproules. A straight swop between Byfield and Sproule is more likely but would you want to lose the electric pace that Sproule has from the team especially away from home?

Changing the side is not as straighforward as some fans seem to think.

You're right Alan and I'd guess that if there are any changes for Barnsley, then Sproule will be benched, with Byfield partnering Trundle.

Wilson will drift inside to bolster the midfield and also possesses great defensive attributes. Byfield will add quality to the front line which was absent yesterday and will hopefully bring out the best in Trundle.

Our big problem thsi season has been the service to Trundle and our central-midfield pairing carry the weight of responsibility. With Russell on loan and Noble unfit, Lee Johnson has no real competition for his place as playmaker. The lad needs a greater edge and self-motivation and must succeed if City are to turn draws into wins.

You're right Alan and I'd guess that if there are any changes for Barnsley, then Sproule will be benched, with Byfield partnering Trundle.

Wilson will drift inside to bolster the midfield and also possesses great defensive attributes. Byfield will add quality to the front line which was absent yesterday and will hopefully bring out the best in Trundle.

Our big problem thsi season has been the service to Trundle and our central-midfield pairing carry the weight of responsibility. With Russell on loan and Noble unfit, Lee Johnson has no real competition for his place as playmaker. The lad needs a greater edge and self-motivation and must succeed if City are to turn draws into wins.

So sproule is benched, Trundle partners Byfield......what happens if we get another poor display from Lee? Time for change then?

So sproule is benched, Trundle partners Byfield......what happens if we get another poor display from Lee? Time for change then?

Yes, you can't be sentimental as a manager, regardless of a striker's price tag. Nugent has only started 2 Premiership games for Portsmouth and cost six times the amount we paid for Trundle.

Archived