IGNORED

Trundles Free Kick

rossjonesuk

No is isnt true, its your opinion.

No free kick equals a goal and if he tried a normal free kick it could have hit the wall or flew over the bar.

I didnt even notice you spelt genious wrong!

What i meant was what i said was true in my opinion, not what you said my opinion was or should be.

No, quite right, it doesnt, but he isnt going to get slated if he missed without trying to be clever and arrogant.

I didnt even notice you spelt genious wrong!

What i meant was what i said was true in my opinion, not what you said my opinion was or should be.

No, quite right, it doesnt, but he isnt going to get slated if he missed without trying to be clever and arrogant.

Oh so by that he shouldnt have tried those two shots aganist S****horpe, because thats 'clever and arrogent'. Maybe he should have crossed so Murray could leap and head it in?

Oh so by that he shouldnt have tried those two shots aganist S****horpe, because thats 'clever and arrogent'. Maybe he should have crossed so Murray could leap and head it in?

That's a bo11ocks statement and you know it is! That was competely different! We were all over S****horpe and were carving out alot of chances and couldve scored from any of them. Saturday was different as we were on the back foot for most of the game. All he had to do was stick to his basics and take the free kick normally. Get it up and over the wall, which we all know Trundle can do brilliantly, then cause the keeper trouble. But no, he had to try and be cocky.

The way you talk about it Giles it's as if he took the free-kick in the "traditional" way then he was bound to score, which is certainly not the case.

Sometimes trying something different and unexpected is the key to unlock the door.

If this scenario was over a penalty at 0-0, a situation where the odds are stacked highly on the attacking player, and he tried something clever and cocked it up then I would see where you are coming from but not from a free-kick situation where the high majority of attempts do not result in a goal.

The way you take about it Giles it's as if he took the free-kick in the "traditional" way then he was bound to score, which is certainly not the case.

Sometimes trying something different and unexpected is the key to unlock the door.

If this scenario was over a penalty at 0-0, a situation where the odds are stacked highly on the attacking player, and he tried something clever and cocked it up then I would see where you are coming from but not from a free-kick situation where the high majority of attempts do not result in a goal.

I never said that taking a normal free kick would result in a certain goal. I'm saying that if he wouldve tried a normal free kick, he wouldve had a better chance.

That's a bo11ocks statement and you know it is! That was competely different! We were all over S****horpe and were carving out alot of chances and couldve scored from any of them. Saturday was different as we were on the back foot for most of the game. All he had to do was stick to his basics and take the free kick normally. Get it up and over the wall, which we all know Trundle can do brilliantly, then cause the keeper trouble. But no, he had to try and be cocky.

You're just being ludicrous now. There is absolutely nothing more cocky about trying an unusual free kick at 0-0 than there was trying to lob the keeper from an acute angle at 0-0.

Lee Trundle took the free kick in the way he thought most likely to score. He got it wrong. Whoop-de-######-do.

We haven't scored a single goal this season direct from a free kick and in fact I can't remember one last season either. This idea that if he'd taken it differently we'd have scored is like saying "if every shot we had was on target and nowhere near the keeper we'd score more goals".

Why aren't you slaughtering Murray for hitting the crossbar? After all if he'd hit the ball differently we'd have won?

I wasn't there and haven't seen this particular "highlight", but it is good to try things occasionally.

If you try something and it doesn't come off, such as kicking under the wall, future opposition may be aware and so not jump, thus giving more room for other types of attempt.

This is just the same as all attackers who should have more than one option, e.g. wingers who can beat a man on either side, or top scorers who will occasionally chip the goalie.

Trundle is a player who has to be allowed to do his own thing sometimes. Have patience, he's the most exciting player we have - it's just not working at the moment.

You're just being ludicrous now. There is absolutely nothing more cocky about trying an unusual free kick at 0-0 than there was trying to lob the keeper from an acute angle at 0-0.

Lee Trundle took the free kick in the way he thought most likely to score. He got it wrong. Whoop-de-######-do.

We haven't scored a single goal this season direct from a free kick and in fact I can't remember one last season either. This idea that if he'd taken it differently we'd have scored is like saying "if every shot we had was on target and nowhere near the keeper we'd score more goals".

Why aren't you slaughtering Murray for hitting the crossbar? After all if he'd hit the ball differently we'd have won?

Where the **** have i said we wouldve definately scored?! I'm asying that we wouldve had a better chance!

Because Murray wasnt trying to be clever. It was either hit it along the ground and run the risk of the keeper saving it, or lift it and run the risk of it going over or hitting the bar.

For Trundle's free kick, he didnt even make the wall work. They just had to stand there and it was cleared.

I never said that taking a normal free kick would result in a certain goal. I'm saying that if he wouldve tried a normal free kick, he wouldve had a better chance.

"But at 0-0 in a game with very few chances, it should be a proper free kick, in the top corner, so the city fans could celebrate a very fortunate 3 points."

Pretty much insinuating that though surely....

• Admin
All he had to do was stick to his basics and take the free kick normally. Get it up and over the wall, which we all know Trundle can do brilliantly, then cause the keeper trouble.

I would have thought that it would be more basic to keep the ball on the ground - normally a wall all jumps and it would go underneath.

As for getting it over a wall and into the net - now that is a very special talent (which we have not yet seen from LT).

I would have thought that it would be more basic to keep the ball on the ground - normally a wall all jumps and it would go underneath.

As for getting it over a wall and into the net - now that is a very special talent (which we have not yet seen from LT).

Because he hasnt had many chances to take a free kick from his range. Saturday was the ideal time. All around me were saying "this is perfect range for LT to make the keeper work"

Where the **** have i said we wouldve definately scored?! I'm asying that we wouldve had a better chance!

He tried to score and failed. So did Murray. So did every other player on the pitch. There's absolutely no difference despite your b***ocks argument that if he took the kick how you think he should have he would have had more chance of scoring.

Why are you singling out Trundle for a slating?

Yes it is b***ocks and its using your theory.

So you work it out then.

Why are you singling out Trundle for a slating?

This is the first time ive slated him! Why do alot of other people on here slate him week in week out? Why do people on here slate Lee Johnson DAY in DAY out?

Wake up, i'm not the only one who is slating him. And I'm only slating the free kick. Not the performance because, apart from Basso, Carey and Elliott, i cant think of anyone who had an ok game.

Because he hasnt had many chances to take a free kick from his range. Saturday was the ideal time. All around me were saying "this is perfect range for LT to make the keeper work"

Giles, your pm isnt working, I have a message for you, but cant pm you as it says that the recipient pm has been disabled (or something like that), I will try again later to see if it has been sorted.

.........sorry to put in on here guys, i'l let you get back to Trundles free kick!!

This is the first time ive slated him! Why do alot of other people on here slate him week in week out? Why do people on here slate Lee Johnson DAY in DAY out?

Wake up, i'm not the only one who is slating him. And I'm only slating the free kick. Not the performance because, apart from Basso, Carey and Elliott, i cant think of anyone who had an ok game.

So why are you slating Trundle over a free kick and not the other 7 players who by your own admission had shyte games?

Trundle is a player who does unusual, unpredictable, precocious things on the pitch. We all knew that when he joined. Some of them won't work, like the free kick. Some will, like the goals against Scunny. You can't whinge about him trying those things just because some don't work and yet applaud the ones that do. They're both part of the package, and that's why your argument makes no sense whatsoever.

well, it's pretty obvious from your constant sniping at Lee Trundle that you don't like the bloke whatever he does, so if he had scored you'd most likely had labelled it a fluke anyway.

I do like the bloke, but nobody should be untouchable from the chop. I want to see more from Lee's game than a few fancy flicks and and free kicks that don't come off, no matter how ingenious they are quoted to be :innocent06:

I do like the bloke, but nobody should be untouchable from the chop. I want to see more from Lee's game than a few fancy flicks and and free kicks that don't come off, no matter how ingenious they are quoted to be :innocent06:

So, in other words you want him to not play like Lee Johnson? :P

So why are you slating Trundle over a free kick and not the other 7 players who by your own admission had shyte games?

Trundle is a player who does unusual, unpredictable, precocious things on the pitch. We all knew that when he joined. Some of them won't work, like the free kick. Some will, like the goals against Scunny. You can't whinge about him trying those things just because some don't work and yet applaud the ones that do. They're both part of the package, and that's why your argument makes no sense whatsoever.

So explain to me why some people on here are Lee Johnson's biggest critics when he has a poor game, but his biggest fan when he plays well?

Opinions mate. That's what this forum is all about. I've got mine, which you don't agree with, and you've got yours, which at the moment, i don't agree with

So explain to me why some people on here are Lee Johnson's biggest critics when he has a poor game, but his biggest fan when he plays well?

I would have though that was obvious?

Opinions mate. That's what this forum is all about. I've got mine, which you don't agree with, and you've got yours, which at the moment, i don't agree with

You're not actually answering the points made are you though? There was nothing different about that free kick than the lob against S****horpe except that the latter worked so it's stupid to slate a player for trying something unusual.

If he did it all the time and it never worked you might have a point but that's not the case.

So, in other words you want him to not play like Lee Johnson? :P

I want to guy to play like Lee Trundle Nibor. Do you think he is doing enough? All we hear is what he can do....he needs to start doing it pretty damn quick.

The big difference between Lee T and Lee J on here is that Johnsons performances are all down to him, when its LT23, it everything else i.e. tactics, the wrong strike partner, balls to high, two defenders on him! It is all so boring :disapointed2se:

Lee can turn a game, Lee can make something out of nothing blah blah blah. This needs to be done regular, not every 5 or six matches where he is carried

I want to guy to play like Lee Trundle Nibor. Do you think he is doing enough? All we hear is what he can do....he needs to start doing it pretty damn quick.

I don't think he's doing enough but I don't really see what else he can do with the way we're playing. I mean, we're giving him the ball in the air 40 yards from goal with his back to it, double marked with no support. What exactly are you expecting?

The big difference between Lee T and Lee J on here is that Johnsons performances are all down to him, when its LT23, it everything else i.e. tactics, the wrong strike partner, balls to high, two defenders on him! It is all so boring :disapointed2se:

Different positions, LeeJ is in the middle of the pitch, he has much more freedom and in fact he often drives the way the team plays going forward. And it's not wholly down to him either, many people have suggested for example that he would fit better into a 352.

Lee can turn a game, Lee can make something out of nothing blah blah blah. This needs to be done regular, not every 5 or six matches where he is carried

But in fairness you could be talking about either Lee there based on performances so far yet one you're knocking at every chance and the other you're defending like a close relative. Is it the price tag, an anti scouser thing or a fetish for the short people I wonder?

I don't think he's doing enough but I don't really see what else he can do with the way we're playing. I mean, we're giving him the ball in the air 40 yards from goal with his back to it, double marked with no support. What exactly are you expecting? So your blaming GJ tactics then?

Different positions, LeeJ is in the middle of the pitch, he has much more freedom and in fact he often drives the way the team plays going forward. And it's not wholly down to him either, many people have suggested for example that he would fit better into a 352. So your blaming GJ tactics then?

But in fairness you could be talking about either Lee there based on performances so far yet one you're knocking at every chance and the other you're defending like a close relative. Is it the price tag, an anti scouser thing or a fetish for the short people I wonder? None of the above mate :innocent06:

From you second point, it could look like you blaming Lee J for LT23 poor performances ;)

I wouldn't say blaming GJ's tactics. The tactics of the team overall appear to be working judging by the results, although I think the mentality he's instilled is the bigger factor, but the front line's ineffectiveness is there for all to see.

I think that stems from two things, playing too much direct ball and playing a winger up front off someone who isn't a target man.

I'd like to see us bringing the ball forward on the floor more and playing Byfield next to Trundle. I'm sure we'll see a different side of his game when he has the opportunity to get a ball to feet and run at people - in fact all his good moments so far have come from doing that.

By the way, I think LJ *is* a factor in why LT is not playing well. He bloody chips the ball forward all the time, why? Sometimes it's necessary but he does it nearly all the time and it's really hard to deal with balls like that with a defender or two in your back because you can't turn them without taking two touches.

It is nowt short of pathetic to try and lambast a player over one tiny indicent. Byfield lashed out at someone and nearly got sent off. Fontaine made a few dodgy passes, one where we were very lucky not to give them a 1 on 1 with Basso and yet you are highlighting ONE freekick by one player... It was a poor attacking game over all, it was a night to forget for every attacking element at the club, yet you choose to highlight this one tiny kick? Really is there that little to do on the internets?

I wouldn't say blaming. The tactics of the team overall appear to be working judging by the results, but the front line's ineffectiveness is there for all to see.

I think that stems from two things, playing too much direct ball and playing a winger up front off someone who isn't a target man.

I'd like to see us bringing the ball forward on the floor more and playing Byfield next to Trundle. I'm sure we'll see a different side of his game when he has the opportunity to get a ball to feet and run at people - in fact all his good moments so far have come from doing that.

Thats a fair shout, but how long are we willing to give this? From what you have wrote it seems to me that the tactics are wrong as they don't suit Lee Trundle's style of play.

If we change are tactics to suit Lee, will that unbalance other parts of the team? Do we need a good target man in the side?

It is nowt short of pathetic to try and lambast a player over one tiny indicent. Byfield lashed out at someone and nearly got sent off. Fontaine made a few dodgy passes, one where we were very lucky not to give them a 1 on 1 with Basso and yet you are highlighting ONE freekick by one player... It was a poor attacking game over all, it was a night to forget for every attacking element at the club, yet you choose to highlight this one tiny kick? Really is there that little to do on the internets?

It must just prove that we havent got anything to moan about. Which we havent. My moaning was probably just out of frustration at the performance, mainly in the first half

This is steming from Lee's season to date, not over a free kick BM

From you second point, it could look like you blaming Lee J for LT23 poor performances ;)

Personally i think that Johnson, Mckindoe, Sproule, Wilson and particularly Mcallister have had poorer starts to the season than LT but they don't seem to be getting half the stick LT is getting, particularly the last 4 named, at the end of the day it is all about opinions and it is still a learning curve for most of our players who have never experienced football at such a high level, LT will get it right, the man is pure class and in my opinion a joy to watch

Archived