IGNORED

Official Match Thread

Drago

Every team loses, nothing to worry about.

I loss in 9, I think we would of all taken that at the start of the season

Not bothered about this. Just realised city are only human. Doesent change what was an outstanding start. we have done ourselves proud overall and lets face it this was going to happen sooner or later!!! Lets focus on 3 pts vs sheff utd :fingerscrossed:

Our first defeat in NINE on the horizon and you just knew that the sort of crap posted above would be just around the corner.

46 draws a season = unbeaten all season

46 draws a season = 46 points

46 points = relegation

So sod worrying about the wonderful unbeaten run an worry about winning games and not bloody drawing them. Inevitably you come unstuck in the end.

A draw away is good, a draw at home isn't. Obviously (points wise) it's better to win one and lose one, than draw two.

3 points out of a possible 12 isn't good enough.

Maybe not, but do people not understand we are still learning.....we have a squadful of players who are still coming to terms with Championship football....and up until tonight, done a remarkable job!

Again, like I said in another thread, as fans we have been spoilt....all the coverage we have got on TV lately, all the talk of bristol City and Gary J.....we have got a little ahead of ourselves I think.

Take each game as it comes. If we keep going the way we are...we will stay in this league no problems

Pivotal to what ? Its the 10th game of the bloody season we already have 14 points on the board mate jesus cheer up, if we lose saturday and average 1.4 points a game thats 64 points plus and would see us finish about 12th to 14th

Yeah we could do with starting another run on saturday but sheff utd will be one of the hardest games we have at home this season, it will be intresting to see how many or should I say how little the crowd is seeing its on tv etc !!!

Don't jump to a conclusion that I am down. I am delighted with our start and I am not complaining one iota. I am merely pointing out that losing to Sheff Utd will probably push us some way down the table which.. all the way down to mid table and beyond is bunching up.

This match is therefore pivotal to City staying with the pack or dropping into a mid table locale i.e. morale could take a hit and we stay mid table.

You get my point now?

46 points = relegation

So sod worrying about the wonderful unbeaten run an worry about winning games and not bloody drawing them. Inevitably you come unstuck in the end.

A draw away is good, a draw at home isn't. Obviously (points wise) it's better to win one and lose one, than draw two.

It's all relative mate - I can sort of see where you're coming from but the fact is that we have done excellent so far this season. When you look at Prestons result tonight, that was a point gained on saturday, not 2 lost. You also need to take into account what other teams are doing. We are currently the 6th best team in the league after 9 games!! I'd have snapped yer hand off if you'd have said that 6 weeks ago. Lets show the nation on Saturday that we have got character. COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!

46 points = relegation

It's all relative mate - I can sort of see where you're coming from but the fact is that we have done excellent so far this season. When you look at Prestons result tonight, that was a point gained on saturday, not 2 lost. You also need to take into account what other teams are doing. We are currently the 6th best team in the league after 9 games!! I'd have snapped yer hand off if you'd have said that 6 weeks ago. Lets show the nation on Saturday that we have got character. COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!

Having only listened to the game I can't really judge on the performance of the team today, but given that we were going to lose our unbeaten run at some point I don't think we need be that concerned.

Where we might have been defending a draw to keep our unbeaten run going, we can now show a bit more drive forwards to turn some of those draws into wins (even at the expense of losing a few). Remember, you only need it to work 1 game in 3 to get the same points as fighting to hold onto a draw for 3 games.

On a related note, surely time for Jevo to get a chance to bench? I don't think anyone can argue that we are scoring enough goals, and Jevo might be worth a try.

MR

I'm not slating the team at all. I'm merely pointing out that posting things like "3 points out of 12" isn't as "crap" as holding on to the good old "we're still unbeaten" line.

I agree with you, last season if we had a little stumble, we were usually rescued by those around us faltering also.

Archived