IGNORED

How Many Of Our Players Could Play For England?

Guest Pinamonte

Quite. Its a different matter altogether if the question was how many do you think WILL play for England. Personally none at all unless they get into a Prem team and have people who can develop them fully.

As for the 3 foreigner rule, I agree in principle and also agree the glut of overseas players are harming the future prospect of young England players, but heck, England have won damn-all in 38 years so what difference will it make? Also EU rules will protect any anti-foreign legislation; they stuck their bureaucratic noses in on the Bosman thing and look what that did. Sad that a player is known more for a court case than his football career, but then he wasn't much of a player if I recall.

Guest fidget

None of current squad

Always thought Taylor might of got a couple of caps and of course Andy Cole who did

Lita's the best prospect we've got - don't know if he can become assimmilated

He's going the way Taylor went ie scores goals but his all round play isn't deeemed strong enough as in holding up the ball / keeping possession

I think selling Taylor was the biggest transfer mistake we've made in recent times - I hope Leroy doesn't suffer the same fate

I reckon that Tommy could of played for England but he's commited to Northern Ireland now. Of the others, the only ones who I think could play for England are Danny Coles and Matt Hill. They probably aren't quite good enough yet but I reckon they could be in a few years. What do other forumites think?
no disrespect to him, but tommy ahead of gerrard, reo coker, scholes, lampard, joe cole, scott parker....the list is endless..

we may be able, once we go up, get a player in that USED to play for england!

None of current squad

Always thought Taylor might of got a couple of caps and of course Andy Cole who did

Lita's the best prospect we've got - don't know if he can become assimmilated

He's going the way Taylor went ie scores goals but his all round play isn't deeemed strong enough as in holding up the ball / keeping possession

I think selling Taylor was the biggest transfer mistake we've made in recent times - I hope Leroy doesn't suffer the same fate

have to agree with you there.... what a striker!

Although we got good money for Andy, Super Bob was perfection.

Archived