IGNORED

Stoke City

Dolman Block B

Interms of the quality of our football, it's a toss up between him and Osman for the most dire.

I can't remember who hired him, was it Laycock?

Sold Akinbiyi & Brennan and signed Steve Jones, Paul Mortimer, Paul Holland..........and the list goes on.

But here's a few sobering facts and an explanation of why clubs hire him.

• Never been relegated.
  • Took Gillingham from bottom of the 4th to the CCC in four seasons.
  • Plymouth were in the relegation mire and he took them to 14th.
  • Stoke were as high as fourth last season and finshed eighth and he used loan signings very well.
  • Success rate at Stoke 41.5%

And why he was out of work for two years:

• Took Pompey & Gillingham to court and won out of court settlements for unpaid bonus etc-Gillingham were sued for £400k, but paid TP £75K!
  • Success rate at City 30.3%
  • Fired at Pompey for 31%
  • Fired at Gills and was accused of gross misconduct.
  • Fired at Stoke (First Time) for not exploiting the foreign market

You forgot x gashead Peter Beadle :surrender: Hes good with loan signings but doesnt like the acadamy. Ashtonyate must love him! :whistle2:

Worst Manager ever! going to get endless amounts of abuse from me!

who can ever forgot that midweek home against colchester, worst football I've ever seen, made Osman's team look like Arsenal!

there isn't words strong enough to explain the hatred for the man.

the only highlight I recall is going away on the friday before the bournemouth away game and just before getting on the plane I saw the Evening Post story that he had quit to join Pompey, one of my favorite moments in my time as a fan, 2 months later we were at Wembley

I think it's possible that some of the things he was trying to do were actually right.

I don't think the players we had were as good as we thought they were, and there were some poor attitudes about.

In many ways I don't think Pulis and Johnson are that dissimilar. Both like to work with players they know, both demand high levels of dedication and workrate and both are prepared to sacrifice flair players for the good of the team.

Where they differ is that Johnson has the charisma to keep the fans and players onside and Pulis doesn't. We saw some pretty dire games at the beginning of Johnson's reign but we (a) had lower expectations at the time and (b) believed he was doing the right thing for the club. With Pulis we thought we had a squad that would win promotion quite easily and we didn't like the way he took it apart.

I'm absolutely not a fan of Pulis and there's no doubt that he inflicted some godawful football on us, but with hindsight I wonder whether anyone else would really have done any better.

And then I think about it some more and remember how much of a **** he is.

Well young Nick.

Him and his left hand man were both ex Gas ( that went down well)

He is Welsh ( that went down well)

You could almost hear him sniggering behind the clubs back as he left us int he sh@te in the league and with our bank a/c.

Didnt have one good word to say about our club once he left.

Bloke was a joke, and time for us to let him know how happy we were in the short time as our manager!!!

You,ll never hear boo,s like it young man, but i got a feeling he will be sneaked into the stand, and not allowed to walk out on to the pitch.

We will wait and see Nick.

I shall have my phone on the ready to record the teams coming out!

Then I shall post it on YouTube :)

Must disagree a tad here, I don't like the guy and he was always the wrong choice for us.

But... he did a superb job at Gillingham, a very solid job stabilising Agyle, and in difficult circumstances amongst foreign owners and limited resources has done two decent jobs at Stoke. The blotch on his copybook is Pompey, even when with us I felt it was a very difficult job for whoever took the reigns.

He's definately got something about him as the press has rumoured that Norwich are going to make an approach for him.

Don't like the personality but I respect his track record.

Results do speak volumes and he has had success, I can't disagree with you.

But the football style he encouraged Bristol City to play was absolutely dreadful. The first match after he left (at Bournemouth) was a total contrast and you could sense that the players were relieved that he had gone. Tony Thorpe had one of his best games for City that day.

My impression was that he destroyed the morale within the club. But only a player from that era could confirm this.

Worst Manager ever! going to get endless amounts of abuse from me!

who can ever forgot that midweek home against colchester, worst football I've ever seen, made Osman's team look like Arsenal!

there isn't words strong enough to explain the hatred for the man.

the only highlight I recall is going away on the friday before the bournemouth away game and just before getting on the plane I saw the Evening Post story that he had quit to join Pompey, one of my favorite moments in my time as a fan, 2 months later we were at Wembley

Was that the game that was either 0-0, 1-1 and there was 6-7000 fans' there and at the end of the game we all chanted to sign Lua Lua up?

I'm not sure he was a god, was he? The guy I'm thinking of was a Danish king of England who emphatically proved that he was not a god and got his feet rather wet in the process.

You did your history lessons 20 odd years after me so I'll bow to your superior knowledge.

Should of googled.

Hang on: List of Norse gods and goddesses

God of thunder and battle. Sums the ######## up nicely. "The lads battled 'ard."

May be the song reserved for Mr Holloway can be sung for him

P---- o-- Pulis please

oh what can it mean to a sad gas head supporter

and a shite football team

My mate been a Stoke fan for years season ticket and goes to most away games,he says the same trouble is he has been fairly successfull with his style of play up there but they hate it,they like football and Pulis still plays the long ball

Interms of the quality of our football, it's a toss up between him and Osman for the most dire.

I can't remember who hired him, was it Laycock?

It was Laycock, we were even fined £75k by the league for an illegal approach to him through Dave Burnside whilst he was stll under contract with Gillingham.

Can I say in Osman's defence that his remit was to keep us in The Championship whilst gates fell, which he achieved, (I know the decline in gates was partially his fault) Pulis, on the other hand spent over £1.5M on utter dross like Beadle and Steve Jones to get us absolutely nowhere in the league below.

He also brought another gashead in Lyndsay Parsons as his No.2, who I know on very good authority was seen wearing a Rovers shirt in his back garden whilst he was our assistant manager!

Pulis is also godson to Holloway's kids, so WTF were we thinking ever employing this see you next tuesday?

Is it possible that the manager of a club such as Gillingham would personally benefit from player transfers out of the club and future payments from sell-on clauses?

And if there was a sell-on clause when Akinbiyi left for Wolves, it was Gillingham that would have got a good percentage of £3.5m.

I don't know about such matters and I'm not making any accusations but didn't Pulis have the reigns when Akinbiyi left Bristol City for Wolves. And wasn't he in charge at Gillingham when we bought Akinbiyi?

But hey, at least we got Steve Jones.......

Is it possible that the manager of a club such as Gillingham would personally benefit from player transfers out of the club and future payments from sell-on clauses?

And if there was a sell-on clause when Akinbiyi left for Wolves, it was Gillingham that would have got a good percentage of £3.5m.

I don't know about such matters and I'm not making any accusations but didn't Pulis have the reigns when Akinbiyi left Bristol City for Wolves. And wasn't he in charge at Gillingham when we bought Akinbiyi?

What a leg end. Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hey Jonesy I wanna know how you got that tan.

• SC&T Board Members

Read Tom Bower's "Broken Dreams" and you'll know the answer to your question.

Link: Broken Dreams: Vanity, Greed and the Souring of British Football

PS, Mr Pulis: "You don't know what you're doing!!"

... and we needn't have had Clueless at all ...

BBC Link

Moyes wanted City job

Moyes played 109 games in City's defence from 1985-87

Everton boss David Moyes has revealed how close he was to becoming manager of Bristol City in 1999.

Moyes, who brings the Toffees to Ashton Gate for a Carling Cup tie on Wednesday, played more than 100 games for the Robins in the mid-1980s.

He was willing to leave Preston to take over at Ashton Gate in 1999, but the job eventually went to Tony Pulis.

"There are no regrets but I'd have liked the chance to work at City," Moyes told the Robins' website.

"My playing days there were among the happiest of my career.

"I'd retained such a feeling for the club that in my mind I was thinking towards taking the opportunity.

"My interest was conveyed to the City board and I was ready to meet them when I got back from holiday.

"It went as far as fixing up a hotel and a time when we could get together. I was even prepared to go there straight from the airport before driving home.

"I was close to boarding my flight in America when I received a message to say they had decided to appoint Tony as manager."

The decision to appoint Clueless cost us so dearly. Not only did he wreck our club but he stood in the way of a man who is now one of the top managers in the country from joining us. Who knows how different things could have been?

I can only think that Clueless interviews well. We should give him hell.

And just purely for this alone I'm going to give it to Pulis big time. I'm under no illusion that Moyes would still be with us now but this has to be one of the worst decisions the club has ever made.

To fail to get Moyes in favour of Pulis, and then for him go on to almost bring the club to it's knees again sickens me beyond what I can put into words.

It was Laycock, we were even fined £75k by the league for an illegal approach to him through Dave Burnside whilst he was stll under contract with Gillingham.

Can I say in Osman's defence that his remit was to keep us in The Championship whilst gates fell, which he achieved, (I know the decline in gates was partially his fault) Pulis, on the other hand spent over £1.5M on utter dross like Beadle and Steve Jones to get us absolutely nowhere in the league below.

He also brought another gashead in Lyndsay Parsons as his No.2, who I know on very good authority was seen wearing a Rovers shirt in his back garden whilst he was our assistant manager!

Pulis is also godson to Holloway's kids, so WTF were we thinking ever employing this see you next tuesday?

Didn't Laycock also say that if he'd known Tiny Penis was in the frame for the Pompey job he'd have driven him to the interview himself?!? Class!

There really needs to be no movement on here to give him a reception he won't forget.....it's pretty much a given.

Nick....try and remember the worst feeling you've ever had as a city fan....then magnify that feeling by a factor of 10 and that's pretty much how most of us felt at 4:45 on a Saturday afternoon after watching the dross he coached us into producing!

Didn't Laycock also say that if he'd known Tiny Penis was in the frame for the Pompey job he'd have driven him to the interview himself?!? Class!

There really needs to be no movement on here to give him a reception he won't forget.....it's pretty much a given.

Nick....try and remember the worst feeling you've ever had as a city fan....then magnify that feeling by a factor of 10 and that's pretty much how most of us felt at 4:45 on a Saturday afternoon after watching the dross he coached us into producing!

I thought it was Scott Davidson who said that.

Worst feeling.. hmm.. Play-off Final! Magnify that by 10? :noexpression: Crying for hours on end.

Yes, I cried at the Play-off Final :crying: albeit for 20 or so minutes.

Not a lot of goss on the forum at the mo.

Looking ahead, the visit of Stoke City, and their man at the helm Tony Pullis!

He,s having some bigtime (well from me anyway), and its nothing less than he deserves!

The way he treated City, and spoke after, how he had left us for this and that, really made my blood boil.

So a boring saturday morning post, but would like to see what other forum members thought about the guy, and if they to are ready to welcome him to the Gate?...... :ranting:

With any luck he will get such a negative response from City fans, that will haunt T O N Y P O O P I S S for the rest of his days.

:ranting:

I went to his first game in charge away at Reading, I was encouraged by his talk of 4.3.3 and attcking football. What we actually saw was "whack it as hard as you can at Adi and try to pick up the ball when he can't control it". Add to that the tactics of Lavin and the writing was on the wall.

I've never boo'ed a player or manager until Brentford away when we all sang "PULIS FOR PORTSMOUTH".

Tony Pulis brought to our club everything I hate, I would rather have gone down playing proper passing football (as is our heritage) than prosper playing the way the antichrist preaches.

Not a lot of goss on the forum at the mo.

Looking ahead, the visit of Stoke City, and their man at the helm Tony Pullis!

He,s having some bigtime (well from me anyway), and its nothing less than he deserves!

The way he treated City, and spoke after, how he had left us for this and that, really made my blood boil.

So a boring saturday morning post, but would like to see what other forum members thought about the guy, and if they to are ready to welcome him to the Gate?...... :ranting:

I will certainly be giving him some aggro. That man nearly made me pack in watching City with his awful style of play.

Now we just need the lads to STUFF Stoke! Will they be singing that awful Deliah song? It grates on me as much as Goodnight bloody Irene!! :whistle2:

I went to his first game in charge away at Reading, I was encouraged by his talk of 4.3.3 and attcking football. What we actually saw was "whack it as hard as you can at Adi and try to pick up the ball when he can't control it". Add to that the tactics of Lavin and the writing was on the wall.

I've never boo'ed a player or manager until Brentford away when we all sang "PULIS FOR PORTSMOUTH".

Tony Pulis brought to our club everything I hate, I would rather have gone down playing proper passing football (as is our heritage) than prosper playing the way the antichrist preaches.

He seems to have got it right at Sjoke though

Archived