IGNORED

So So Pleased For Trunds!

Dolman Block B

Just don't get any better mate, does it

It does get better. We aren't top (and Johnson has had 11 games!!!). Plus Trundle hasn't scored 20+ goals yet.

That's an absolute waste of £1M. Disgraceful. I've always had my doubts about Johnson. Now he's proving to be Conference standard.

It does get better. We aren't top (and Johnson has had 11 games!!!). Plus Trundle hasn't scored 20+ goals yet.

That's an absolute waste of £1M. Disgraceful. I've always had my doubts about Johnson. Now he's proving to be Conference standard.

:noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression:

And ive had 5 pints to celebrate........ :noexpression:

Buck,s, just had 7:38Parkway (Kev Greene) bell me from Norwich.

Says Trundles goal was "PURE" class and a must watch goal in the morning.

Loads City gone back into the pubs and its ringing with "drink up thee cider"..

Just don't get any better mate, does it

It was class Arn. I never thought I would see the day where Trunds would outrun a defender and score a goal. SO just to see that made the long journey worthwhile.

Apart from the goal he was also good at holding the ball up and wasting time. He's starting to find his feet now and there is alot more to come from him.

There are some on here would winge if we won the Prem, FA Cup, and Champions League Final Arn. don't let em bother yer mate. Tis a fkn good time being where we are, considering where we have been over the years marra. sxpecially those who have been fans for a long number of years.

No-ones whingeing - simply stating that Trundle has yet to show why he cost a million quid.

I'm as delighted as all City fans that City have won at Norwich for the first time since the 1950's! and that we are second in the league.

No-ones whingeing - simply stating that Trundle has yet to show why he cost a million quid.

Trundle HAS shown why he cost a mill on three occasions actually.

Each of his goals have been of the sort of class you would expect from a million pound player.

His performances have, of course, been patchy. I'd say that's more likely to do with him settling in as opposed to lack of ability.

Yep well done that man Trunds and all the players. They and Gary are making us all so proud! It's always a great time to be a City fan even through bad results or seasons but at the mo it's extra special. We have an excellent squad and lets hope the season continues in the way it has begun.

COME ON YOU REDS

Just seen the goals, (I'm actually recording the championship now when i'm out !!)

not bad were they, sproule looks like he is starting to find his feet, great wing play and its always nice to see the other winger getting on the end of things, always think that the most dangerous teams have very good wide men. Carbon copy of the sheff utd game

Murray's was a good strike but the keeper shoud of done better and hats of to LT23 - Great run and super finish.

He is a great bloke to have on the bench - as is Byfield if he swaps it and decides to start with trundle

Noble got 90mins which is great

Things aint bad at the mo hey

Any news on fonts yet ?

2 things struck me about Trundle yesterday.

Firstly, he looked like he was really up for it from the moment he came on, this was obviously helped by the fact that we were well into our stride by then with our controlled , passing game in full flow.

Secondly, he looks a completely different player when he gets the ball in a bit of space and is able to run at defenders. The goal came from him getting the ball where he could run directly at the defence from wide right. He's not quick like Sproule, but when he is into his stride he looks very difficult to stop and he was sharp enough to flick the ball one side of the defender and was able to get around the other side of him before curling it into the net. You can almost sense that defenders are frightened to put a tackle in for fear of giving a penalty away. I think we will see a lot more from Mr Trundle before this season is over.

2 things struck me about Trundle yesterday.

Firstly, he looked like he was really up for it from the moment he came on, this was obviously helped by the fact that we were well into our stride by then with our controlled , passing game in full flow.

Secondly, he looks a completely different player when he gets the ball in a bit of space and is able to run at defenders. The goal came from him getting the ball where he could run directly at the defence from wide right. He's not quick like Sproule, but when he is into his stride he looks very difficult to stop and he was sharp enough to flick the ball one side of the defender and was able to get around the other side of him before curling it into the net. You can almost sense that defenders are frightened to put a tackle in for fear of giving a penalty away. I think we will see a lot more from Mr Trundle before this season is over.

Thats what the guy is all about DC...........

Very pleased for Trundle, Murray, McIndoe and the rest of the team!

I also feel very pleased for Orr as well, as he didn't deserve that one mistake to let the whole team down, as he generally had a very good game, along with the rest of the team as well!

So yeah, I'm so glad he kept his head up, as well as the rest of the team, as we were the only side who really looked like winning the game, following Norwich's equaliser...

Well done lads! Keep it going...

Up the City!!! :englandsmile4wf:

There is no doubt Trundle took his goal very well but before that he was doing my head in, tried to win free kicks on 3 or 4 seperate occasions by falling to the floor as if a sniper had shot him from the top of the stand! thus giving posession away and putting us under pressure. Also lets not forget his goal was scored in injury time against a tiring defense when they were pushing forward for a late equaliser.

Never the less a great result and day had by all that attended, now we move on to Southampton where Id expect injurys apart for Johnson to start with the same 11.

There is no doubt Trundle took his goal very well but before that he was doing my head in, tried to win free kicks on 3 or 4 seperate occasions by falling to the floor as if a sniper had shot him from the top of the stand! thus giving posession away and putting us under pressure. Also lets not forget his goal was scored in injury time against a tiring defense when they were pushing forward for a late equaliser.

Never the less a great result and day had by all that attended, now we move on to Southampton where Id expect injurys apart for Johnson to start with the same 11.

Got that impression myself from the radio coverage RE: trying to win freekicks......

Another thing that was worrying, the match report in the Star today and Trundle said "I could hear the other lads telling me to go for the corner but I just went straight for goal". On this occasion it paid off and we were all over the moon when he buried it, but will this type of attitude backfire on another day?

There really is a fine line isn't there. When you are 2 or 3 goals to the good I would say yes go for goal, when its one goal, I would say play it safe, especially away from home.

Great result, and I am looking forward to Wed night!!!!

Archived