IGNORED

East End Tonight - Embrassing Behaviour

old_man_terry

Yes we had plenty of bottles thrown at us when they scored.

More trouble occurs in Dolman N block yet we don't get thread after thread about that.

ffs Dan C make yer mind up,

first you say in earlier posts 'there wasnt no incident' before that you say 'its a storm in a tea cup' & now you say you had bottles thrown at you!

Whats it to be ... Nothing? .... Something in nothing? ....or Pelted with bottles?

- it hardly matters from which side the 'trouble' comes or who the perpetrators are its about the viability of the East End & its reputation.

If there was 'trouble' lets be honest about it, face up to it, & deal with it properly, kick out & ban anyone who's out of order.

Like I suggested before get photos of the culprits 'caught in the act', do a bit of self-policing, show the powers that be that WE WONT PUT UP WITH IT -so that we can all then enjoy the benefits of our East End for as long as possible.

Conflicting claims & counterclaims ...'it was'nt us - it was them' type comments don't help the EE cause one iota.

IF theres a problem lets try to resolve it, we all know that rightly or wrongly no matter what goes on in other stands, when it comes to the East End we have to been seen to be 'whiter than white'.

So the sooner any idiots are ID'd and dealt with the sooner we can all relax & concentrate on whats happening ON the pitch -not OFF of it!.

'CiderHead' & others have often put forward suggestions on how various problems (perceived or real) can be dealt with... thats the way to do it, thats the way to demonstrate to the club that we 'the EE fans' are committed, passionate and serious about making the East End a safe & exciting place to be -for ALL supporters, police & stewards.

The club cant afford to take chances - they need reassuring regularly that any risk is minimal & that City fans are committed to help achieve that in any way they can!

- That bit 'extra' that the East End offers, the 12th Man effect is vital in helping GJ & the team work the miracles that so far they are working so well in this league! .....

don't let ANYONE take the unique East End experience & atmosphere away from you or the team - if you see some idiot doing something stupid, report 'em straight away & help the Club get rid of 'em!

I'm not an east end boy / lad etc but i wasnt even aware anything happened the problem is people are just looking for any sign of trouble in there and magnifying it just ignore it and let the police and stewards deal with it, i sit in the dolman and the bloke behind me tonight must have used the word black b-----d about 20 times towards the soton players , so what shall we do close the dolman , like i said support the team and let the stewards and police do there jobs, stop magnifying any little thing which occurs at the gate its bloody boring, were 2nd some great games but all pople are doing is looking to nic pic

nit picking is one thing but saying 'b.... b.....' about 20 time is far from that. I am very surprised someone close to him did not speak to one of the stewards... the guy should have been shown the door and asked not to bother coming back. we DO NOT need his twisted type of support.

in which case it clearly moved itself then.

nothing else has happened? you mad, someone on here has already admitted they were removed from the ground last night from the east end and there was also arrest/s during the QPR game.

Did he not say he fell onto the netting during a surge; (see post 6 E.E open tonight thread)you know the same sort of surge that came from the Dolman during sending off and no doubt from any other stand during moments of excitement; you must be son or father of R.R as you are persistantly winding up E.E`ers for no reason at all, really, apart from getting a bite :disapointed2se: Q.P.R. was the first game of the season and has been done to death :disapointed2se:

Did he not say he fell onto the netting during a surge; (see post 6 E.E open tonight thread)you know the same sort of surge that came from the Dolman during sending off and no doubt from any other stand during moments of excitement; you must be son or father of R.R as you are persistantly winding up E.E`ers for no reason at all, really, apart from getting a bite :disapointed2se: Q.P.R. was the first game of the season and has been done to death :disapointed2se:

what surges.........did you see that on teletext?

maybe there was a surge, but not right through the netting? even if it did I've never seen someone fall on some netting which has resulted in it moving quarter of the way across the block

ffs Dan C make yer mind up,

first you say in earlier posts 'there wasnt no incident' before that you say 'its a storm in a tea cup' & now you say you had bottles thrown at you!

Whats it to be ... Nothing? .... Something in nothing? ....or Pelted with bottles?

- it hardly matters from which side the 'trouble' comes or who the perpetrators are its about the viability of the East End & its reputation.

If there was 'trouble' lets be honest about it, face up to it, & deal with it properly, kick out & ban anyone who's out of order.

Like I suggested before get photos of the culprits 'caught in the act', do a bit of self-policing, show the powers that be that WE WONT PUT UP WITH IT -so that we can all then enjoy the benefits of our East End for as long as possible.

Conflicting claims & counterclaims ...'it was'nt us - it was them' type comments don't help the EE cause one iota.

IF theres a problem lets try to resolve it, we all know that rightly or wrongly no matter what goes on in other stands, when it comes to the East End we have to been seen to be 'whiter than white'.

So the sooner any idiots are ID'd and dealt with the sooner we can all relax & concentrate on whats happening ON the pitch -not OFF of it!.

'CiderHead' & others have often put forward suggestions on how various problems (perceived or real) can be dealt with... thats the way to do it, thats the way to demonstrate to the club that we 'the EE fans' are committed, passionate and serious about making the East End a safe & exciting place to be -for ALL supporters, police & stewards.

The club cant afford to take chances - they need reassuring regularly that any risk is minimal & that City fans are committed to help achieve that in any way they can!

- That bit 'extra' that the East End offers, the 12th Man effect is vital in helping GJ & the team work the miracles that so far they are working so well in this league! .....

don't let ANYONE take the unique East End experience & atmosphere away from you or the team - if you see some idiot doing something stupid, report 'em straight away & help the Club get rid of 'em!

good post mate

where have I said "charging"?

what I said was they were clearly moving the netting as they were moving closer and closer to the away fans?

come the end of the game, they were almost halfway the netted area, from where I was you could CLEARLY see the arc of the netting where people moved it to get closer to the away fans, wasn't helped that some fat kid in a white/cream top who was closest to the away fans,

Oh come on, we ALL saw the netting was moved, but for crying out loud it was hardly a riot. Passion in the city ground....whatever next :noexpression: .

You know , i know and everyone else knows that NOBODY was stupid enough to go across the devide. Southampton havent got anykind of reputation for trouble ( if it was Pompey i could understand your concern!!) so it was never going to go off in the ground. I think a few on here are making something out of nothing.

Right then chaps, time to put my head in the firing line here!

Myself and 3 others were in the EE last night, a bit boistrous i must admit but nothing untowards or offensive. However, when the stewards opened up the next block we moved over so we were right next to the netting. City score, we go nuts, and most of us end up on the netting - all good humoured and no hint of trouble. What did happen was that the netting ripped so we ended up closer to southampton fans. City score again and a repeat of the above happens again. From any other stand bar the eastend, it would have looked like a charge (to the un-educated), however it was just allot of rather happy city fans falling over themselves celebrating - like the good old times.

Now, when Soton scored there was a bit of posturing but nothing more - summed up by the police not even moving. There was nobody in the EE that was EVER going to start a riot or world war 3 like some have described on here (new commers to the game i guess??!). I think i was the oldest of the "lads" sat nearest the Soton fans (i'm 26), and if it wasn't half term i doubt half of them would have been there!

This is all being blown way out of proportion by the usual posters on here who don't even sit in the east end, so hows this for an idea. Let us create our own atmosphere in the east end, roar ALL of the boys on, whilst you read your program, sip your bovril and moan at Lee Johnson all game.

Rant Over!

Isnt "ripping a bit of netting" now a hanging offence at Ashton Gate :rolleyes: you will probably get a 5 o clock knock from PC plod in the next few days :rolleyes::shocking:

I was sat in the east end (as usual) and was right next to the netting, i did not feel as if any fans were charging towards me at any time, when city scored both goals a lot of city fans were falling over whilst celebrating maybe creating the domino affect some whiners on here call a riot? when Southampton scored a few fans were giving it the gestures and such but it was in no way going to escalade out of control into a full blown riot.

Only thing i wasnt happy about was the ONE Southampton fan who thought it would be funny to throw his coffee across at us! that just took it too far :rolleyes:

Myself and 3 others were in the EE last night, a bit boistrous i must admit but nothing untowards or offensive. However, when the stewards opened up the next block we moved over so we were right next to the netting. City score, we go nuts, and most of us end up on the netting - all good humoured and no hint of trouble. What did happen was that the netting ripped so we ended up closer to southampton fans. City score again and a repeat of the above happens again. From any other stand bar the eastend, it would have looked like a charge (to the un-educated), however it was just allot of rather happy city fans falling over themselves celebrating - like the good old times.

Now, when Soton scored there was a bit of posturing but nothing more - summed up by the police not even moving. There was nobody in the EE that was EVER going to start a riot or world war 3 like some have described on here (new commers to the game i guess??!). I think i was the oldest of the "lads" sat nearest the Soton fans (i'm 26), and if it wasn't half term i doubt half of them would have been there!

If that's what happened then good, hopefully the club will see the same thing when they check the tapes and consider opening it for POTD where possible.

This has made me angrier than anything I have read on this forum for a long time. I take my 4yo lad to plenty of away games with me, and when I've been drinking at pubs before the match with him (he has a Coke, obviously!) I have never been treated this way by any opposing fans - including ones where there is an element of traditional animosity - even though RedTopJr wears his City top. There's been some banter but always friendly, even with rather scary-looking lads who I suspect might be a bit more forthright if they met you on your own without any kids. To think that anyone who supports City would do this and make kids like that cry makes my stomach churn. I sincerely hope that other City fans stepped in and stopped these scumbags.

If this is true then its WELL out of order, but i have heard a different tale of events in BS3.

what surges.........did you see that on teletext? yep a special teletext linked to c.c.t.v; :disapointed2se:

maybe there was a surge, but not right through the netting? even if it did I've never seen someone fall on some netting which has resulted in it moving quarter of the way across the block; none so blind as those who don't want to see.

in which case it clearly moved itself then.

nothing else has happened? you mad, someone on here has already admitted they were removed from the ground last night from the east end and there was also arrest/s during the QPR game.

people were taken out at half-time because they were already banned from ashton gate!

from the A&S website.

BRISTOL CITY v SOUTHAMPTON

Wednesday 24th October 2007 - KO 7:45 PM

COCA-COLA CHAMPIONSHIP

ASHTON GATE, BRISTOL

Police Commander - Inspector Ian Dryland

Total attendance - 18,326 (including 2,661 Southampton supporters)

Bristol City FC arrests - 1

Southampton arrests - 1

Pre match there was a minor disturbance at the BS3 Bar on Ashton Road which resulted in a City supporter being arrested for a public order offence.

During the match, concern was again raised regarding the behaviour of some supporters in the Micra Wedlock Stand, especially those against the segregation net, adjacent to the Southampton supporters. Several City supporters were ejected from this area by Club stewards, supported by the Police, and it is disappointing that a minority of supporters seem to be more intent on goading and abusing the away supporters than watching and supporting their team. The Police will strongly support the Club in any action they deem suitable to reduce the problems in this area.

from the A&S website.

BRISTOL CITY v SOUTHAMPTON

Wednesday 24th October 2007 - KO 7:45 PM

COCA-COLA CHAMPIONSHIP

ASHTON GATE, BRISTOL

Police Commander - Inspector Ian Dryland

Total attendance - 18,326 (including 2,661 Southampton supporters)

Bristol City FC arrests - 1

Southampton arrests - 1

Pre match there was a minor disturbance at the BS3 Bar on Ashton Road which resulted in a City supporter being arrested for a public order offence.

During the match, concern was again raised regarding the behaviour of some supporters in the Micra Wedlock Stand, especially those against the segregation net, adjacent to the Southampton supporters. Several City supporters were ejected from this area by Club stewards, supported by the Police, and it is disappointing that a minority of supporters seem to be more intent on goading and abusing the away supporters than watching and supporting their team. The Police will strongly support the Club in any action they deem suitable to reduce the problems in this area.

big deal

they might have to get T J Hooker in to deal with those concerns

or perhaps CHIPs

So old man terry, your saying all non season ticket holders in the ee are intent on away fans blood?

I used that "bring a friend into the east end if hes not a hooligan if we can use all his details to keep track of him" should i tell him not to come becuase theres going to be trouble? because a non st holder is in there?

That's not what I said. Please refer to where I have said that,

What I am saying is that EACH time it has been opened to Non-ST, there has been problems.

as in........each time it's been opened to non-ST

Oh mate, get off your high horse please, as has been shown by one of the guys on here, the A&S police have stated that 2, yes 2 people in the WHOLE East End were arrested on Wednesday evening, (just 1 of those was a City fan), that, out of a total of about 3.5 thousand people.

You also don't seem to want to mention the fact that City and southampton fans were allowed out of the stadium together, and there was NO sign of any trouble.

I would also like to make the point that I don't sit (or stand) in the East End, so my opinions are unbiased, I sit in the Dolman, but I do enjoy it when the guys that do go in the East End make themselves heard, and fair play to them for that, is it any coincidence that since they were "allowed" back in there, the whole ground has seemed to react and join in as well?

Archived