IGNORED

East End Tonight - Embrassing Behaviour

old_man_terry

Tonight was the first time i have been in the EE and i thought the support was fantastic, as used as an overflow many people didnt get a seat but most people stand anywayz.

As for the trouble makers did see anything to bad but i saw 1 person (looked about 15) get thrown out by a steward and he didnt look to botherd. whats the point of paying the best of £25 to get chucked out??

I agree we should name and shame supporters who start trouble, but i hope i will visit the EE some time soon!

• Admin

What exactly was the trouble in the East End ?

At one point it looked bad when fans were moving across, but turned out it was just fans moving into the empty seats because the first block was full - I admit I was not sat in that stand so am only saying what I saw from a distance, but I find it hard to see how people could charge at the Southampton fans if all the seats had people in them in the block next to the segregation ?

As for using it for Cardiff, I can't see how they wont open it - this mystery that only Cardiff will cause problems in there is laughable - are we all really naive to think that Cardiff will be the only away support intent on causing trouble ?

At the end of the day we have to ask ourselves why similar set ups work at many other grounds around the country but always appears to go so horribly wrong at Ashton Gate, i may be wrong but no fan has actually got into the rivalling section ?

To those who have worked hard and wanted the East End open for home fans, Some idiots well and truely ruined it for you tonight and have pretty much proved the club right unfortunately.

The behaviour of those idiots who decided it was clever to try to charge the saints fans after their goal need a good bloody slapping, it's one thing goading and screaming abuse, it's another to pretty much charge through the netting to get to the away fans, trouble could have seriously kicked off if they had got any closer and it will be understandable if they club once again put restrictions on the stand.

Those idiots who behaved like that tonight should be ashamed of themselves.

Looked like they were just celebrating a goal to me and pretty much did not charge through the netting at all. People like you look for any excuse to knock fellow fans.

Credit to Saints fans last night cracking support and showed what City should have behind both goals.

Storm in a bloody tea cup really that's being blown out of proportion

I'm not denying there was an incident but really it was nothing to write home about. IT just gives the anti EE brigade some more ammo to fire at us.

If these people really wanted to cause trouble then they would have, A few stewards and abit of netting wouldn't stop them. However they are just all mouth and no action. They let the Soton fans' out of the back of the EE tonight, IF there was to be trouble then it could have easily happened then.

All in all it's just abit of banter that sometimes goes abit far. These people aren't even EE regulars I don't think so to punish EE ST holders would be plain wrong.

More tickets were sold for the East End tonight than there were seats so after a while they had no choice but to reduce the segregation as we were squashed like sardines. I guess they ended up making the EE POTD?

TBH with you I prefer it with it just being ST holders in there as there is more space to move around, The atmosphere is better as all the singers are together and there isn't people in there who don't want to be in there.

What are the chances of it being open as overflow for Cardiff? The club must be dreading having to make that decision.

Not a chance. After the QPR and last nights incidents you can see why the club were reluctant to re-open the EE in the first place. There will always be idiots who want to cause trouble - end of.

Not a chance. After the QPR and last nights incidents you can see why the club were reluctant to re-open the EE in the first place. There will always be idiots who want to cause trouble - end of.
There wasn't no incident last night.

To those who have worked hard and wanted the East End open for home fans, Some idiots well and truely ruined it for you tonight and have pretty much proved the club right unfortunately.

The behaviour of those idiots who decided it was clever to try to charge the saints fans after their goal need a good bloody slapping, it's one thing goading and screaming abuse, it's another to pretty much charge through the netting to get to the away fans, trouble could have seriously kicked off if they had got any closer and it will be understandable if they club once again put restrictions on the stand.

I think people need to take a long hard look at the situation , The EE seems to be on everybody's tongues at the moment especially when the stadium is packed, but last night was no different then any other game in their this season. There was no running to segregation because we were rammed up against the segregation! but for once the police had it right and stood on the away side(probably because there was no room) this made allot of difference no body attempted to cross the segregation line during the entire match, but by far the worst behavior last night was from the DOLMAN stand when the guy was sent off there must of been 500/600 people rush to pitch side conterry to all stadium rules. Stop trying to find fault with the EE and take a long look at your own actions you are not perfect!

I 100% guarentee that the ee will be open for cardiff, for any game when they are running out of room they will open it.

They are not going to turn people away that would be insane.

Lets say a extra 500 go in their on the day of a game, say 400 adults 100 under 16's/students. If the club turns them away it has just thrown £120k down the drain, they arnt going to do that because its good for the club to get in all the money they can from when we are doing well.

They are still selling tickets, i went down a minute ago and used the bring a friend offer they had on so a extra person will be in the EE. It will be open as a overflow anyway come saturaday.

Everyone calm down and enjoy how well we are doing!

At least there wasnt any racism in the east end from what i hear, i think its horrible how in this day and age people can call other teams players bl*ck b*stards but are more than happy to cheer when elliot or byfield do well.

There was no trouble just a celebrating at the goals,some people on here just want to see the E/E closed,again last night the ground would of been so quite for 18000 I thought the crowd was awfull for atmosphere,again only the e/e singing if the whole ground would give the same support then it be great,just a couple of kids were chucked out who went out peacefully ,there was just banter between fans no more than this.

How could people be charging!

There wasnt anywhere to charge into, they didnt expect there would be that many people in the east end so had to sit people next to the segeration netting.

If people were charging all they had to do was step onto the netting walk across to the away fans, that didnt happen did it?

Why does everyone make it out to be world war 3 in there.

I was in the east end last night on overflow.

I'm not sure it was that over sold either as there were at least 15 empty seats near me and I'm sure there were more elsewhere.

I couldn't see if there was any trouble but I do wonder how much of the game some of the kids there could have saw as they all appeared to be stood 'bantering' with the southampton fans.

As much as I personally dislike the postering and kids trying to look hard part of the east end, the atmosphere in there was terrific.

[

"charge at the saints fans" What are you on, gesturing,posing etc etc nothing more. Its been going on for 30 years, where have you been all this time. You should get a job as a sun reporter :noexpression:

Didnt the away fans have a little pop themselves when they scored? perhaps we should ban away support from Ashton Gate :rolleyes::whistle2:

Guest We all smile we all sing

What a load of b***ocks this is, anyone who says there was troubble in the eastend is talking shit. Charging at opposition fans haahahah!! What a Joke!

Long live the East End, fair play to all the fans that go in there. The only part of the stadium where passion is shown & so what if it's next to the away fans, thats where it needs to be drown them out!

It seems that trouble these days can be described as a few verbals slung over a piece of netting. Like it or not I prefer matches when there is plenty of banter between the fans & 9 times out of 10 thats all it is so all this rubbish about 'disgraceful behaviour' etc is total crap!

If you believe that ground regulations should be obeyed, why then did you spend 15 to 20 minutes stood in the stairwell of A block of the DOLMAN stand last night???

A couple of seasons ago i saw you doing the same around G block, around the time that letters were handed out about persistent standing!!!

Surely that type of behaviour only encourages other supporters to stand!!!

On a seperate note, if the club and police were genuinely worried about behaviour in the EAST END, why did the then open the gates at the rear of the stand to allow saints fans to exit directly where any of these so called troublemakers may well have been leaving.

There is a very small opening there (made worse by the siting of a fast food stand) into the car park, meaning both seta of fans are forced together, yet i am not aware of any trouble occuring, and all was peaceful when i finally got there from the other end of the DOLMAN!!!!

In the past, even when the EAST END has not been open, for so called high risk games like swampsea amd swindle, who both brought considerably less fans, that exit for all home fans has been blocked off, but this was not the case last night with a much bigger attendance!!

My reading of this is the police didn't consider the handful of children that behaved like muppets in the EAST END a genuine threat to public order, as when they don't have the security of netting and a line of police and stewards, they don't display the aggressive behaviour in case some real lads want to take them up on the offer.

They will all have been filmed constantly last night so it shouldn't be difficult to identify them and ban them anyway!!!

I actually sit almost directly in line with the East End in the atyeo, from what I saw the when the stand got full a large amount of people were allowed to fill over into an extra half block of seats, which were quickly filled which was fine,

what proceed to happen was by the time the southampton goals went in, I'd say a group of 15/20 decided they were going to move the netting and push further towards the southampton fans, by the final whistle said group had managed to move some of it about half way from between where the netting started to where it ended by the southampton fans, by this point though, there was so many Police covering that area, nothing was likely to happen,

THIS IS A FACT. the people denying this happend are all people who are known to sit in the east end, and it's very unlikely they had any way of seeing how for this group got across the stand,

chances are now though after stoke, it could well be made ST only for the remainder of the season.

You having a laugh mate? A bit of charging never hurt anyone, it's just a bit of banter and thats what football lacks these days.

If it was so serious, why didnt the police get involved?

I actually sit almost directly in line with the East End in the atyeo, from what I saw the when the stand got full a large amount of people were allowed to fill over into an extra half block of seats, which were quickly filled which was fine,

what proceed to happen was by the time the southampton goals went in, I'd say a group of 15/20 decided they were going to move the netting and push further towards the southampton fans, by the final whistle said group had managed to move some of it about half way from between where the netting started to where it ended by the southampton fans, by this point though, there was so many Police covering that area, nothing was likely to happen,

THIS IS A FACT. the people denying this happend are all people who are known to sit in the east end, and it's very unlikely they had any way of seeing how for this group got across the stand,

chances are now though after stoke, it could well be made ST only for the remainder of the season.

Not bother watching the game then?

Not bother watching the game then?

With the ball being played in and around our penalty box for the entire 2nd half it was hard not to notice what was happening in the East End from the Atyeo.

When the Saints goal went in there was a noticable push towards each other from both sets of fans. Obviously I've no idea if this was overly confrontational but when the netting started being pulled away by City fans it certainly didn't look good.

Archived