IGNORED

Eastend Today

EASTEND WURZEL

Lots of negative talk about the EE latley mainly by people with no rights to comment but today it was a privilage to be there i thought the support given today was excellent non stop from start to finish. all 242 ST holders PLUS GUESTS were a credit to this football club thankyou all for "behaving" and your fantastic support!

NA NA NA NA NA NA MARVIN ELLIOTT , ELLIOTT, MARVIN ELLIOTT.

Lots of negative talk about the EE latley mainly by people with no rights to comment but today it was a privilage to be there i thought the support given today was excellent non stop from start to finish. all 242 ST holders PLUS GUESTS were a credit to this football club thankyou all for "behaving" and your fantastic support!

NA NA NA NA NA NA MARVIN ELLIOTT , ELLIOTT, MARVIN ELLIOTT.

Why would anyone not have a right to comment?

Its good the EE is now open, but why the ''Our stand is better than yours'' attitude?

IMO the Dolman and Atyeo were louder than you today.

I couldnt really care if what stand was better than who, i enjoyed myself in the east end, so did EASTEND WURZEL and so did everyone else in the stand.

I think its more to do with being able to enjoy football than more the noise.

If people don't want to stand and sing in the east end thats fine i just don't see why people knock it all the time, let people enjoy themselves

I couldnt really care if what stand was better than who, i enjoyed myself in the east end, so did EASTEND WURZEL and so did everyone else in the stand.

I think its more to do with being able to enjoy football than more the noise.

If people don't want to stand and sing in the east end thats fine i just don't see why people knock it all the time, let people enjoy themselves

Was great in there today as always !!

Safe standing for everyone TBH i not sat down all season only do half time when i go out for a fag.

UP the City

discoduster, just plainly refuse to sit down.

Make a stand for this stupid rule, it isnt a law so the police that were telling people to sit down shouldnt of been telling people.

I must of sat down for a whole 2 minutes this season. If all 300ish people stick together and refuse to stick the stewards cant do anything, let them throw a few out but carry on standing.

Show them were not accepting these stupid rules set by the FA, and fla etc any longer!!

discoduster, just plainly refuse to sit down.

Make a stand for this stupid rule, it isnt a law so the police that were telling people to sit down shouldnt of been telling people.

I must of sat down for a whole 2 minutes this season. If all 300ish people stick together and refuse to stick the stewards cant do anything, let them throw a few out but carry on standing.

Show them were not accepting these stupid rules set by the FA, and fla etc any longer!!

AG is an all seated ground, the EE is a seated stand. Imo your just giving the club another reason to shut the EE.

I don't care, I'm not sitting down on a stand which was made to be a terrace.

Its a completly stupid rule, away fans come to ashton gate every week and stand with nothing being done about them.

Do you really think they are gonig to close the stand due to standing?

The club wont do it there will be 250 unhappy season ticket holders and many of them wouldnt come back to ashton gate, i know i wouldnt.

The only people to have the power to do this is the FLA and the council and not one club has ever had a part of the stand closed due to standing. Some away clubs have had allcations cut but no home teams has ever had part of the ground closed.

Why don't clubs show some balls and stand up to these authoritys and refuse to inforce the unforceable, we live in a democracy yet 1000's upon 1000's of people stand at football matches each week and nothing is being done about it.

In the week there was a discussion in the house of commons about it but the people at the top refuse to listen, refuse to do what the people want.

Make the east end a standing area, then all problems surrouding standing at ashton gate has gone, anyone that wants to stand would have to go into the east end. Everyone who wants to sit down would be able to in peace when the people who want to stand would be able to stand in peace.

LET THERE BE A CHOICE!

But this sums up this country, noone can be bothered to stand up for anything anymore, everyone just lets it happen and refuses to do anything.

visit www.standupsitdown.co.uk

I don't care, I'm not sitting down on a stand which was made to be a terrace.

Its a completly stupid rule, away fans come to ashton gate every week and stand with nothing being done about them.

Do you really think they are gonig to close the stand due to standing?

The club wont do it there will be 250 unhappy season ticket holders and many of them wouldnt come back to ashton gate, i know i wouldnt.

NO, but they will close the stand at the end of the season to bulldoze it.

if the police decide they don't want home fans in their due to whatever reason including persistant standing, they will close it to home fans, and you will ruin it for sensible grown ups with a brain who actually want to enjoy the atmosphere.

The police have already reduced the attendance in the ground by 2000, due to past problems in the east end, and it does become a serious problem they can do something about it.

Its good the EE is now open, but why the ''Our stand is better than yours'' attitude?

agree, thought the dolman was actually the loudest stand today, east end fairly quiet.

it's funny though, some people seem to not understand the issues with the east end, it isn't that some want it closed, it's that when it is open they don't want it to be a focus point for troublemakers, which has happened on most potd occasions so far this season, when it is ST only and with the what looks a successful bring a friend (as long as you provide details on who they are) there are not problems, ala today

Who actually cares about which stand is the loudest? I don't care if the east end is the loadest i just care about being able to enjoy myself at football in a way that i and many others find enjoyable.

Well done for everyone in other parts of the ground for singing and getting behind the lads, its what we need at this time.

Old man terry, if they do bulldoze it which i don't think they will, we might as well all stand up then shouldnt we. They only start with the fans closest to the netting when telling people to sit down, people closest to the turnstiles like eastendwurzel get left alone.

I would like to see proof that the ground has been cut by 2000 due to the east end please oldmanterry, also for this bring a friend deal, i went down got my friend a ticket they didnt ask for his address from me. So they didnt have a clue who he was. According to you he should of went on the rampage and tried to attack the away fans.

I would like to see proof that the ground has been cut by 2000 due to the east end please oldmanterry, also for this bring a friend deal, i went down got my friend a ticket they didnt ask for his address from me. So they didnt have a clue who he was. According to you he should of went on the rampage and tried to attack the away fans.

Back in 2001, a very bad tempered game between City v Millwall, probably before your time, it kicked off BIG time at the gate, millwall fans were ripping chairs out, even the millwall players started smashing up the dressing room.

Since then the police reduced the attendance from 21500 to 19500, prior to that segration was alot smaller and parts of the east end has been closed ever since.

No that wasnt before my time, and how many city fans were in the east end that night?

"Since then the police reduced the attendance from 21500 to 19500, prior to that segration was alot smaller and parts of the east end has been closed ever since."

How can you compare away fans to home fans? The only part of the east end which is closed is the part next to the tunnel and thats understandable.

No that wasnt before my time, and how many city fans were in the east end that night?

"Since then the police reduced the attendance from 21500 to 19500, prior to that segration was alot smaller and parts of the east end has been closed ever since."

How can you compare away fans to home fans? The only part of the east end which is closed is the part next to the tunnel and thats understandable.

That is the part that has been closed since that game, prior to that game it was open.

Hang on you say what's ''Our stand is better than yours'' attitude?

then you say the dolman and atyeo were louder.

bit of a contradiction|!.

as others have said if ASHTON GATE as a whole is loud thats all that matters

and i'm just happy to be in the EE as you are in whatever stand you sit in,

lets get on and enjoys citys good fortune on the pitch.

Archived