IGNORED

Eastend Today

EASTEND WURZEL

discoduster, just plainly refuse to sit down.

Make a stand for this stupid rule, it isnt a law so the police that were telling people to sit down shouldnt of been telling people.

I must of sat down for a whole 2 minutes this season. If all 300ish people stick together and refuse to stick the stewards cant do anything, let them throw a few out but carry on standing.

Show them were not accepting these stupid rules set by the FA, and fla etc any longer!!

Although they won't admit it, the stewards don't mind people stood up so much but what they are

trying to do is stop people standing on the seats.

Hang on you say what's ''Our stand is better than yours'' attitude?

then you say the dolman and atyeo were louder.

bit of a contradiction|!.

as others have said if ASHTON GATE as a whole is loud thats all that matters

and i'm just happy to be in the EE as you are in whatever stand you sit in,

lets get on and enjoys citys good fortune on the pitch.

Of course I'm contradicting myself, but its to make a point that when someone makes such a statement, its not too clever because it might not be true.

Personally I doubt i'd start a thread saying the Dolman was loudest etc.

bbtr blagdon red is well clued up on safe standing , he rekons 5 years and we will see it installed in many grounds, till then i guess we make" friends "of the stewards , bit of chat and a coffee seems to work. never been asked to sit down!!!!

have to agree, safe standing is well and truely out of the club's hands, even if they wanted to, they can't introduce it

look at plymouth, forced to close their last terrace due to the nanny state elf n safety brigade

odd to think we as a country conquered a third of the world, now we can't stand for ninty minutes to watch a ball being kicked about

pathetic

have to agree, safe standing is well and truely out of the club's hands, even if they wanted to, they can't introduce it

look at plymouth, forced to close their last terrace due to the nanny state elf n safety brigade

odd to think we as a country conquered a third of the world, now we can't stand for ninty minutes to watch a ball being kicked about

pathetic

Health and Safety facism will only get worse due to Brussels

They introduced one last month where bus drivers aren't allowed to drive more than 32 miles in one trip, not that I'm a bus driver but just another stupid H+S rule :preacher:

Of course I'm contradicting myself, but its to make a point that when someone makes such a statement, its not too clever because it might not be true.

Personally I doubt i'd start a thread saying the Dolman was loudest etc.

that wasn't the point of the thread though was it. The point was, that after all the negative comments surrounding the east end lately, yesterday was a positive note.

Not "this stand is louder than that one" thread, which you liked to believe it was about.

that wasn't the point of the thread though was it. The point was, that after all the negative comments surrounding the east end lately, yesterday was a positive note.

Not "this stand is louder than that one" thread, which you liked to believe it was about.

What was the point of it then?

Well done the EE because there wasnt any trouble?

Might aswell say the whole ground was a credit to the club!

My uncle went yesterday for the first time in a few years. He sat in the dolman, and he couldn't believe the atmostphere in the Eastend. He said they sang all game long! It used to be quiet down there but they sang all the game. I thought it was really positive feed back, Its a shame more people don't want to go in there, but on the other hand It was great yesterday!

Long live the Eastend.

but the whole ground doesn't get singled out for bad press week in week out does it!

I don't care, I'm not sitting down on a stand which was made to be a terrace.

Its a completly stupid rule, away fans come to ashton gate every week and stand with nothing being done about them.

Do you really think they are gonig to close the stand due to standing?

The club wont do it there will be 250 unhappy season ticket holders and many of them wouldnt come back to ashton gate, i know i wouldnt.

The only people to have the power to do this is the FLA and the council and not one club has ever had a part of the stand closed due to standing. Some away clubs have had allcations cut but no home teams has ever had part of the ground closed.

Why don't clubs show some balls and stand up to these authoritys and refuse to inforce the unforceable, we live in a democracy yet 1000's upon 1000's of people stand at football matches each week and nothing is being done about it.

In the week there was a discussion in the house of commons about it but the people at the top refuse to listen, refuse to do what the people want.

Make the east end a standing area, then all problems surrouding standing at ashton gate has gone, anyone that wants to stand would have to go into the east end. Everyone who wants to sit down would be able to in peace when the people who want to stand would be able to stand in peace.

LET THERE BE A CHOICE!

But this sums up this country, noone can be bothered to stand up for anything anymore, everyone just lets it happen and refuses to do anything.

visit www.standupsitdown.co.uk

I love the irony of the last sentence.. ! :)

The lad has stated it was a privilege to be there and is thanking his fellow fans and there is nothing wrong with it.

You have jumped all over it but I have yet to see any fans elsewhere slagging the East End.

The rest of ground is in better position due to sheer numbers to really get that support going all round the ground. So stop knocking the East End as they really are doing the team proud.

The lad has stated it was a privilege to be there and is thanking his fellow fans and there is nothing wrong with it.

You have jumped all over it but I have yet to see any fans elsewhere slagging the East End.

The rest of ground is in better position due to sheer numbers to really get that support going all round the ground. So stop knocking the East End as they really are doing the team proud.

Where have I slagged it off?

I said I didn't think it was very loud, hardly criticism just stating my opinion.

don't divide this forum into EE fans/EE haters like every other topic is divided.

Where have I slagged it off?

I said I didn't think it was very loud, hardly criticism just stating my opinion.

don't divide this forum into EE fans/EE haters like every other topic is divided.

For all the effort gone into opening it, and the fuss caused as a result of it being open...

What an absolute load of crap the atmosphere from it was!

Not one of your posts is it ? You seem to be on every East End thead digging away :surrender:

For all the effort gone into opening it, and the fuss caused as a result of it being open...

What an absolute load of crap the atmosphere from it was!

Not one of your posts is it ? You seem to be on every East End thead digging away :surrender:

Ok, I appreciate it looks like that.

I'm a big EE fan, although ive not been in.

I'm just a bit miffed that 1,000 odd signatures were gathered for a petition yet the impact it has gets smaller each game.

Ok, I appreciate it looks like that.

I'm a big EE fan, although ive not been in.

I'm just a bit miffed that 1,000 odd signatures were gathered for a petition yet the impact it has gets smaller each game.

alright people steady, the fact is that the police didnt want BCFC to open the stand to home fans this season, but the fantastic campaingne by norstreet , ciderhead and others to return home fans to that area was supported by SL and he gave us the chance , he has had some reasons (due to some problems) to re think but remains open minded and dare i say in favour of the stand. i was mearley congratualting the supporters concerned of their conduct on saturday , like i said they were a credit.

What I find strange is they ask people at the back to sit down first. Where is the logic in that?

Basso loves it when he is defending the goal in front of the East End. It's like having an extra man in defence.

I think they do it because they think people at the back will sit down.

Then because there sat down they cant see because people are stood up in front, so then they will ask the people in front to sit down, who then in turn ask the people to infront to sit down, who then in turn ask the people to infront to sit down etc etc untill everyone is sat down.

But as we know that isnt going to happen.

Health and Safety facism will only get worse due to Brussels

They introduced one last month where bus drivers aren't allowed to drive more than 32 miles in one trip, not that I'm a bus driver but just another stupid H+S rule :preacher:

i'll give you some credit and assume that you're joking, but if not then that is one of the most ridiculous comments i have ever heard or read. how can you seriously suggest that it is anything to do with the EU when in basically all other EU countries you CAN stand and drink beer at football, it's only the UK where we have voluntarily introduced our own restrictions...i mean it's not even a law, let alone anything to do with brussels?!

It was quality yesterday. No hint of trouble and the noise was awesum. 'I am a cider drinker' is coming on, as the people not knowing the words for the verses just clapping along anyway and joining in when the chorus comes. I think some people from the Dolman were in there yesterday as well. They made a lot of noise and joined in well so fair play to them.

Fair play to the police officer at half time as well who seemed happy to talk and smile with some fans in their.

A brilliant afternoon of football.

It was quality yesterday. No hint of trouble and the noise was awesum. 'I am a cider drinker' is coming on, as the people not knowing the words for the verses just clapping along anyway and joining in when the chorus comes. I think some people from the Dolman were in there yesterday as well. They made a lot of noise and joined in well so fair play to them.

Fair play to the police officer at half time as well who seemed happy to talk and smile with some fans in their.

A brilliant afternoon of football.

You could also clearly hear us singing it on the Championship this morning.

Copper asked me to sit down today..... Problem was, everyone in front of me were standing up. I told him to get on cos i was'nt prepared to miss any of the match..

Do they have any intelligence? surely common sense tells you to ask the people at the front to sit down and work back wards. that way if the people at the front refuse, they've gone no valid reason to? and necessary action can be taken against them??

Just refuse RIAZ, there isnt a law about standing so your not going to get arrested for it.

I'll refuse if there is someone in front of me. But if there isn't I'm not going to argue with a copper, and run the risk of getting arrested.

They seem to look for an excuse to arrest me for some reason. So I wont give them one - easier that way.

I'll just let the rest of the 241 fans argue my case on my behalf.

One quick question. Cant the club eject you from the ground for refusing to sit down?

Archived