IGNORED

City Vs Wolves

Chris

Just had a response from Premium TV. No mention of compensation and by the time I have followed their instructions the game will be over.

Dear Cider, (A bit familiar I thought)

Thank you for your enquiry, I'm sorry to hear that you have had problems with the live audio commentary. There are a number of potential issues which could prevent you from accessing the

commentary:

It could be that another file stored in your computer's temporary file is conflicting with the Audio commentary, the best way to ensure this is not occuring is to delete your temporary internet files (select 'Tools' from your browser menu and then confirm 'delete temporary files'), you should also clear your computer's cache by pressing Ctrl and F5 together.

Another program may be using the sound device and preventing the Player from accessing it (Please note that if you have installed another media player it will probably have priority on sound issues unless you actively disable it). Close all other programs so that the Player is the only program running, and then try to play the file again.

The Player may be using a version of Microsoft DirectX that is incompatible with the hardware features on your sound device. (This may explain why you can hear sound when you use some software programs, but not when you use the Player.) Install the most current version of DirectX by going to the DirectX Web page:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx

The hardware acceleration may be set to too high.

To lower the video acceleration in Windows Media Player:

1. Click the Start button, click Programs or All Programs, then click Windows Media Player.

2. Click the Tools menu, then click Options....

Note: If the Tools menu is not visible, just double-click the title bar to maximize the window.

3. Click the Performance tab.

4. Under the Video Acceleration section, drag the slider bar to the middle.

5. Click the OK button.

Note: If this does not resolve the issue, try setting the Video Acceleration to None.

Please update your video driver. If you are unsure of how to do this, please contact your computer manufacturer for help.

If the above have not resolved the problem verify "mmsys.cpl" is functioning by double clicking on it in Drive:\WINNT\system32, if not it will need to be reinstalled from your System Disk.

If none of this advice applies to your situation you should consult our help pages which contain information on what software is required and what system settings to select;

http://www.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Help

Best Regards,

Bristol City World - Web Support

It seems (from SkySports News) that City are playing better in the second half so I am a little calmer now, but this is just b*llsh*t.

CJ

Just had a response from Premium TV. No mention of compensation and by the time I have followed their instructions the game will be over.

Dear Cider, (A bit familiar I thought)

Thank you for your enquiry, I'm sorry to hear that you have had problems with the live audio commentary. There are a number of potential issues which could prevent you from accessing the

commentary:

It could be that another file stored in your computer's temporary file is conflicting with the Audio commentary, the best way to ensure this is not occuring is to delete your temporary internet files (select 'Tools' from your browser menu and then confirm 'delete temporary files'), you should also clear your computer's cache by pressing Ctrl and F5 together.

Another program may be using the sound device and preventing the Player from accessing it (Please note that if you have installed another media player it will probably have priority on sound issues unless you actively disable it). Close all other programs so that the Player is the only program running, and then try to play the file again.

The Player may be using a version of Microsoft DirectX that is incompatible with the hardware features on your sound device. (This may explain why you can hear sound when you use some software programs, but not when you use the Player.) Install the most current version of DirectX by going to the DirectX Web page:

<a href="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx" target="_blank">http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx</a>

The hardware acceleration may be set to too high.

To lower the video acceleration in Windows Media Player:

1. Click the Start button, click Programs or All Programs, then click Windows Media Player.

2. Click the Tools menu, then click Options....

Note: If the Tools menu is not visible, just double-click the title bar to maximize the window.

3. Click the Performance tab.

4. Under the Video Acceleration section, drag the slider bar to the middle.

5. Click the OK button.

Note: If this does not resolve the issue, try setting the Video Acceleration to None.

Please update your video driver. If you are unsure of how to do this, please contact your computer manufacturer for help.

If the above have not resolved the problem verify "mmsys.cpl" is functioning by double clicking on it in Drive:\WINNT\system32, if not it will need to be reinstalled from your System Disk.

If none of this advice applies to your situation you should consult our help pages which contain information on what software is required and what system settings to select;

<a href="http://www.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Help" target="_blank">http://www.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Help</a>

Best Regards,

Bristol City World - Web Support

It seems (from SkySports News) that City are playing better in the second half so I am a little calmer now, but this is just b*llsh*t.

CJ

Don't really adress the points you make do they.

Ciderjar - Just stop moaning and get on with all of those helpful fixes! You might just catch the end of the Ipswich game. I'm no expert, but there seems to be something wrong if a pricy Premium Service cannot be viewed without some serious mucking around with your PC.

Half time and still no commentary here. I have taken a quiet moment and written the following to Premium TV

Dear Premium TV,

My clubs biggest game of the season. Tickets sold out two weeks before the game. Never mind, I thought, at least I have live commentary thanks to the 34.99 I have invested in Premium TV and BCFC World.. Not so, it is nearly half time the score is 1-1, my match console is proudly telling me that it is "Currently Broadcasting Bristol City". Is it? Is it b*ll*cks!

Added to this is the consistent lack of match highlights due to "Digital Rights Management", this despite me constantly following your tedious instructions to download the latest version of Windows Media Player, downloading ActiveX controls, turning off my firewall, disabling pop up blockers etc etc etc.

I have paid for a service. Yet again the service I have paid for has not been provided. Failure to refund me and to compensate me in a way that meets my satisfaction is technically theft. I will sue. Please accept this as a formal warning of my intentions and consider what you would like to do to avoid legal action.

This has been copied to the bcfc.co.uk webmaster Adam Baker in the hope that the club will act similarly on behalf of their supporters who have paid for a service that enables them to continue to follow and support when circumstances dictate that they cannot attend in person. Adam, if you could take this up with the board I would be grateful.

Yours sincerely,

Mr C Jar (this being my real name)

:igiveup:

Ciderjar - Just stop moaning and get on with all of those helpful fixes! You might just catch the end of the Ipswich game. I'm no expert, but there seems to be something wrong if a pricy Premium Service cannot be viewed without some serious mucking around with your PC.

There's definitely something wrong ;)

I personally think it's counter-productive, as it's solely for that reason that I refuse to subscribe.

gas are 2-0 down :winner_third_h4h:
10 games without a win now. Down to 19th now and 1 point above the drop. Must be hard being a Rovers fan at the moment what with there poor form and our excellent form.

Good point for us today. Proud of them all. Bring on Charlton.

Archived