IGNORED

My Appraisal Today

Reanswolf

Well i guess I got back easier than most of you lot.

very impressed with City, very very fit and strong, especially the midfield. Wolves played some cracking stuff first 20 minutes and you struggled to keep up with the play, but you did feel that Wolves couldnt maintain this. City's equaliser was a poor goal to give away I thought and it seemed to knock the stuffing out of Wolves who were very typically wasteful in front of goal. The second half was fairly closely matched but I thought City got stronger and stronger, hence my opinion that you do have what it takes to make the playoffs at least.

Was disappointed with an element of your so called fans though, I was with my partner and young 3 year old son at 11.30am at the local theatre for The Gruffalo show, posters had said trains leaving at 9am were fully booked. Sorry folks but these were not there for a drink as many suggested, they were there to cause trouble - men in their 40's and impressive teenagers following them. All the little kids were kept in and many were crying as these yobs were emptied from the pub opposite and put into the ground at about 1pm.

It was like a throwback to the 1980's , maybe a sign that you have been in the lower leagues for a long time. I am not crying Wolf, Wolverhampton starts to get lively with home fans after 1pm, whcih makes the actions of the city boys a bit baffling as I thought they would hang around for a bit of a knock. Thankfully they went off to the ground with little protest and I presume had to enjoy expensive warm beer in the ground.

That aside, I thought it was an intriguing game and a point well earned by both sides.

Best wishes.

Hey there, thanks for the fair appraisal and sorry about the mindless few (every club has them I guess). You may be the first opposing supporter not to say how we are only where we are by fluke, perhaps after 14 games people have started to take us more seriously.

I think it was the golfer Gary Player that said on being accused of being lucky; "the more I practice and work at my game the luckier I get". It's Charlton home and Ipswich away coming up and if we get to next Saturday evening with 5 points or more, from these three games, people will definitely start to take notice.

Well i guess I got back easier than most of you lot.

very impressed with City, very very fit and strong, especially the midfield. Wolves played some cracking stuff first 20 minutes and you struggled to keep up with the play, but you did feel that Wolves couldnt maintain this. City's equaliser was a poor goal to give away I thought and it seemed to knock the stuffing out of Wolves who were very typically wasteful in front of goal. The second half was fairly closely matched but I thought City got stronger and stronger, hence my opinion that you do have what it takes to make the playoffs at least.

Was disappointed with an element of your so called fans though, I was with my partner and young 3 year old son at 11.30am at the local theatre for The Gruffalo show, posters had said trains leaving at 9am were fully booked. Sorry folks but these were not there for a drink as many suggested, they were there to cause trouble - men in their 40's and impressive teenagers following them. All the little kids were kept in and many were crying as these yobs were emptied from the pub opposite and put into the ground at about 1pm.

It was like a throwback to the 1980's , maybe a sign that you have been in the lower leagues for a long time. I am not crying Wolf, Wolverhampton starts to get lively with home fans after 1pm, whcih makes the actions of the city boys a bit baffling as I thought they would hang around for a bit of a knock. Thankfully they went off to the ground with little protest and I presume had to enjoy expensive warm beer in the ground.

That aside, I thought it was an intriguing game and a point well earned by both sides.

Best wishes.

having experienced many years and some horrendous scorelines against Wolves (plus my neighbour is a massive Wolves fan) I can say I'm overjoyed with 1-1 at your place!

I went to the game (staying with my dad who lives in Evesham, so home earlier than most).

Match analysis spot on. Under a lot of pressure early on, but could have snatched a win in the second half. Byfield played well for us today, worked his socks off.

Unfortunatly I was caught in the middle of the trouble before and after the game today (in the city centre and just as we came out of the ground)...! Although city did have a lot of idiots there, I would say they were outnumbered with Wolves counterparts doing the same. Idiots all around... No excuses for it, a disgrace. I went with my Dad who has not been to a city game for years... He now says he will never go again.

Tough game today. I was worried after 20 minutes that we were going to get hammered, but we managed to compose ourselves and get back into it, with the goal seeming to change the game. City played well in the second half and were strong right to the end. Marvin Elliot was incredible, as he is every week. He is an inspiration to other players with his tough tackling and commitment. Saying that the whole team fought very hard in the second half. Overall a fair result.

I also saw a lot of trouble after the game. Both sets of fans were equally to blame from what I saw, with an amazing amount of psycho's on both sides. It was a mix of youngsters, but a lot of older blokes too. Not pretty, but I didn't see anyone bothered who wasn't looking for it, which was a relief as I kept my head down. The police seemed quite clueless.

I don't know what happened after Pete, but what annoyed many Wolves lads was City lads doing what they called the "stoke method" - getting in an empty town early. But kicking off in front of many women and terrified kids at the theatre directly across the road was a bit lame although I am not saying they meant to intimidate them. No doubt they were looking for their Wolves counterparts. Some of the city boys were right meat heads I can tell you, but most Wolves lads were not even aware anything had happened by the time they got to town.

Afterwards I saw several hundred Wolves lads gathering by the South Bank, but police had it all well organised as they did all day I think. Still, I have not seen an away crew of lads like this since Millwall years ago. If Wolves did that, half of them would have been dawn raided with violent disorder charges within weeks. Maybe Bristol OB are a soft touch.

Sorry your old man feels that way but it was scary for people.

As the game went on I thought you looked the more likely to score the winner, I was quietly pleased with the point by the end. Kightly was my MOTM, he will not be at Wolves for long sadly. I know you probably feel the blonde lad Keogh should have been sent off but I don't think it was a sending off but he was foolish. Actually I didnt think it was a dirty game but it was spicy as I hoped it would be.The balance of the city side was superb - when the chips were down they remained composed and gained in confidence - the hallmarks of a quality side. although you were very error strewn for the first half hour and we played some fantastic stuff which had the crowd purring, as the game went on I thought you retained great shape, you were everywhere and we could not find any gaps in your strong defence supported magnificently by a midfield who were everywhere.

I don't know what happened after Pete, but what annoyed many Wolves lads was City lads doing what they called the "stoke method" - getting in an empty town early. But kicking off in front of many women and terrified kids at the theatre directly across the road was a bit lame although I am not saying they meant to intimidate them. No doubt they were looking for their Wolves counterparts. Some of the city boys were right meat heads I can tell you, but most Wolves lads were not even aware anything had happened by the time they got to town.

Afterwards I saw several hundred Wolves lads gathering by the South Bank, but police had it all well organised as they did all day I think. Still, I have not seen an away crew of lads like this since Millwall years ago. If Wolves did that, half of them would have been dawn raided with violent disorder charges within weeks. Maybe Bristol OB are a soft touch.

As the game went on I thought you looked the more likely to score the winner, I was quietly pleased with the point by the end. Kightly was my MOTM, he will not be at Wolves for long sadly. I know you probably feel the blonde lad Keogh should have been sent off but I don't think it was a sending off but he was foolish. Actually I didnt think it was a dirty game but it was spicy as I hoped it would be.The balance of the city side was superb - when the chips were down they remained composed and gained in confidence - the hallmarks of a quality side. although you were very error strewn for the first half hour and we played some fantastic stuff which had the crowd purring, as the game went on I thought you retained great shape, you were everywhere and we could not find any gaps in your strong defence supported magnificently by a midfield who were everywhere.

Fair enough. Unfortunatly I was in the weatherspoon pub before the game. Became obvious very quickly that the city fans in the pub were just looking for trouble. The locals were clearly worried and all left. We could see what was going to happen (glasses being thrown at passing wolves fans and the 30-40 riot police, taunting etc..) so we decided to leave. The police were not letting anyone leave due to what was happening, but when we had a quick chat with them and they realised we were not trouble makers, they let us escape.... I was quite ashamed to be honest. However after the game a lot of wolves fans came back for revenge... All in all a bad day... Apart from the football game!

The Football (the important thing!);

Did not have the best view, but thought we deserverd at least the point we got. We have played better, but did really well in the second half. Was biting my nails a bit in the first half though. After the last 2 games I have been to against you (3-0 & 6-1) I was delighted with the result. This time next week we will no a lot more about our team (play charlton and Ipswich).

Good luck for the rest of the season - Think you need a bit better quality up front and you will make the play-offs (or play eastwood as a lot of your fans said on the radio).

The idea being they get into Town without getting 'wrapped up' by the WMP. Surprised Wolves weren't around to meet and greet.

Anyhow, enough of this ... lets go back to the love in. Superb reporting and the greatest of respect to the Wolves for the Nick Randall tributes. Having lived up in the Midlands for ten years sometime back, aware the vast majority are sound as a pound and some of the best people you could ever wish to meet.

Hope to meet up for the play off final.

Fair enough. Unfortunatly I was in the weatherspoon pub before the game. Became obvious very quickly that the city fans in the pub were just looking for trouble. The locals were clearly worried and all left. We could see what was going to happen (glasses being thrown at passing wolves fans and the 30-40 riot police, taunting etc..) so we decided to leave. The police were not letting anyone leave due to what was happening, but when we had a quick chat with them and they realised we were not trouble makers, they let us escape.... I was quite ashamed to be honest. However after the game a lot of wolves fans came back for revenge... All in all a bad day... Apart from the football game!

If you got out of the Wetherspoons you were very lucky. We couldn't get out and the old bill told the manageress NOT to serve any more beer. Once the bar staff retired to the back of the place City fans started serving themselves which was stopped. The 'idiot' element then proceeded to rip the beer taps off the bar and throw them behind the bar.

As a City fan who enjoys a beer and a game of football, I have to say our lot were totally to blame fo the trouble in the pub!

The match: As a previous poster said, I thought we were going to get hammered after 20 minutes but once again we got back in to the match. Kightly really impressed me and I really enjoyed the battle between Marvin Elliott and their colouredmidfielder whose name I would not even try to pronounce. Both players went at it hammer and tong but patted each other on the back many times during the game.

2 good sides and I would like to think both will be up near the top come the end of the season.

U REDS

I went to the game (staying with my dad who lives in Evesham, so home earlier than most).

Match analysis spot on. Under a lot of pressure early on, but could have snatched a win in the second half. Byfield played well for us today, worked his socks off.

Unfortunatly I was caught in the middle of the trouble before and after the game today (in the city centre and just as we came out of the ground)...! Although city did have a lot of idiots there, I would say they were outnumbered with Wolves counterparts doing the same. Idiots all around... No excuses for it, a disgrace. I went with my Dad who has not been to a city game for years... He now says he will never go again.

Well, I think it is sad that your dad won't go again. He is obviously not that bright if he cannot realise that this is not a common occurence at EVERY game.

Well, I think it is sad that your dad won't go again. He is obviously not that bright if he cannot realise that this is not a common occurence at EVERY game.

Understanding something happens and going along with it are to different things. He is a well educated man, certianly compared to to the majority in that pub I can assure you!

No doubting what you do most games then!

Understanding something happens and going along with it are to different things. He is a well educated man, certianly compared to to the majority in that pub I can assure you!

No doubting what you do most games then!

Do what? I go to every game home and away with my girlfriend and hardly see or get caught up in trouble. my point is that, if this was your Dads first game in years and cant understand that this is a "one off" then he is damn right stupid.

No doubting what you do most games?!

Just got back,City had a rough crew there today,from what I saw they had the better of what kicked off after the match, but both sides wanted trouble, but police were everywhere, not pretty but it comes with this league I'm afraid, spoke to old bill said it was catergory C match, worst rating and they all had riot shields etc, said worse trouble for quite a while.

Reanswolf,

You've been a credit to your club on here and I wish you and Wolves good fortune for the rest of the season.

I walked from the metro station to Molineux before the game and I have to say there were some neandathals from Wolves in attendance. I'm glad I wasn't wearing any colours as I'm a coward!

After the game, our idiots seemed intent on causing trouble and duly delivered. I wish they would go away...

As for the football, a draw was just about right. You've reported the game very fairly. Wolves should have been 4-0 up by 30 minutes but we dominated the second half. You looked good upfront but average at the back.

I was especially impressed by the big bloke in the middle for you. He seems to be built of bricks!

Until we meet again....

Wolves should have been 4-0 up by 30 minutes but we dominated the second half. You looked good upfront but average at the back.

Except Basso didn't have much to do. All the Wolves pressure & possession was wasted by poor finishing or City getting in last ditch defending. A bit sharper up front and we might have been 4 down, but is it a lack of Wolves sharpness or good City defending?

I was especially impressed by the big bloke in the middle for you. He seems to be built of bricks!

That's Olofinjana and I think he'd do a job in the Prem from what I've seen of him.

Wolves nicked him out from under the noses of FC Monaco would you believe!

Do what? I go to every game home and away with my girlfriend and hardly see or get caught up in trouble. my point is that, if this was your Dads first game in years and cant understand that this is a "one off" then he is damn right stupid.

No doubting what you do most games?!

With regards to 'no doubting what you do most games, 'Sorry, I did not read your first post correctly.

However. If it is a 'one off' or not, it happened on his first game in years... What do you expect the man to think? He knows it does not happen every game, but it did happen today (a lot). Not just once or twice, but every corner we turned basically! It is not a nice experience. Anyway, despite your insult, I don't want to argue about something that is not worth arguing about.

All that said, he did enjoy the game itself and I expect I could twist his arm to come to a few more games :banana:

fair assessment fella.

one thing i thought, was kightly looked absolutely knackered from about 5 mins before he went off. was surprised he wasn't able to last 90mins.

you did look dangerous on the counter attack. a couple of times in the first half you broke very quickly on us, which made me nervous!

his name is marvin elliot!

Best wishes to many of you very decent, sound lads from City.

Someone said the idea was to get into Wolves early to avoid being 'wrapped up'. Well why then kick off against nobody and get frog marched into the ground at 1pm? Seemed pointless.

Genuinely didnt realise you had such a large hooligan element, you had hundreds and hundreds of hoolies - and boy did some look rough boys. I bet even Cardiff fans would have a problem with that lot. But don't be in denial, if these same lads purporting to follow your club continue to travel to away games in these numbers you will start to get a lot of local nutters turning up cos of your reputation. Then the innocents get caught up.

I am sorry to say that the City firm yesterday were as bad as I have ever seen at Wolves.

Indeed a fair appraisal there, the timing of our goal was critical as I did have that terrible sinking feeling up until that point. Goals change games as the old cliche goes and with that we found our feet.

I am very proud of Bristol City for having contested such a match, the progress made in 2 years since Gary took the helm is nothing short of fantastic, am now genuinely believing we may be able to claim a Play Off spot (Norwich - 2 games ago I started to believe), yesterday was a massive test, lost for words......

As for our ''element'', dispite being somewhat out in the sticks the people of Bristol although being sometimes possibly on a slightly different wavelength - a slower pace of life I find - are as serious and passionate about our wonderful city as anybody else. Underestimate us at your peril, in Footballing terms what with City being in the lower reaches for too long it is an easy mistake to make. I as an avid pacifest can not relate at all to what went on yesterday, although ''thou shalt not judge'' is a commandment I'm a firm believer in. I pray no-one innocent got injured.

It's worth rememembering also that what ever the Police say Wolves v Bristol City is a category A game, 95% of our games pass away peacefully.

You've been a welcome guest to our forum, Reans. Best wishes.

I wont outstay my welcome too long, but cheers for ya comments.

I don't know why my beloved Wolves constantly fail to make the step up? Its really hard to fatham out why we hav ebeen here for 20 years whilst we see teams all around us make the step up. Its really frustrating, you can only support your team and contrary to what people say about us, I don't think we are as fickle as people make out. Just get frustrated quickly! But we tend to turn out in quite good numbers whatever.

To be fair I like the attitude of west country folk - its "yampy" as we would say. I suppose we are a bit more down to earth and dour, but our heart is in the right place and we are friendly people.

I didnt underestimate City before or after. Your midfielder reminds me of Micah Richards - a real powerhouse (sorry I am terrible with names). Makes all the difference. I think WBA and watford will probably take top two but who knows.

Archived