IGNORED

Absolutely Appalled

Dan Of The Dolman

You need to try and see it from both sides is all that I think people are trying to say.

Believe me there are some times when violence happens and the person on the receiving end isnt always an "innocent victim"

This thread is really daft. The elderly man is known to me, and he is not a kiddy fiddler or any other accusation you might want to throw at him. My understanding is that some oafish chav #### decided he needed to release some aggression and chose a soft target, ie, an elderly man. Those of you who say that we need to see both sides of the story are barmy.

This thread is really daft. The elderly man is known to me, and he is not a kiddy fiddler or any other accusation you might want to throw at him. My understanding is that some oafish chav #### decided he needed to release some aggression and chose a soft target, ie, an elderly man. Those of you who say that we need to see both sides of the story are barmy.

Sorry Andy, but why are people "barmy" to want to know both sides of the story,

Isn't that what the justice system is all about?

Should the guy be banned? On the basis of the information provided, someone was thrown out of and arrested in the ground for using physical violence against someone for whatever reason. On that basis alone, he should receive a ban from the ground. Simple as. Punching someone, whatever the reason, is not an action that should be witnessed by children, or anyone else for that matter, and therefore deserves punishment.

Now I think we all accept that there MAY have been mitigating circumstances, but the fact of the matter is that you are not allowed to take the law into your own hands and therefore a crime of some variety has (according to the reports) been committed within the ground. That equals a ban.

A note for the people who DO assume the guy must have done something.... Again on Tuesday night (must've been something in the air) I was in the gents at half time waiting for a cubicle when some burly bloke walked past and barged into me. I said nothing, but he turned around just as i was shutting the door, stopped it and proceeded to tell me that if i ever tried FLIPPIN' pushing him again, he'd FLIPPIN' **** me over. (naturally the forum will auto replace the words he used, but they all began with "F"!) HE barged ME. Now this guy was a hell of a lot bigger than me and so i apologised (after doing nothing wrong) and tried to diffuse it... he accepted the apology and then proceeded to warn me again that he'd FLIPPIN' **** me over. Quite simply a thug. Nothing else.

The point is that the old guy may well have done nothing to deserve it, just like me.

Again, the only "facts" we have are that a man was arrested for punching someone in the ground. That's against the law and the ground regs would suggest a ban is forthcoming. FACT.

Now can we all calm down a bit PLEASE?!?

Archived