IGNORED

What Car Do You Drive Now?

RedM

• Admin

Mondeo Estate, bought off ebay, cheap as chips.

For me a car is just a tool to get from A-B and I probably would rather have a Morris Minor than an Audi TT ( although I'd like a Morris Traveller in preference) at least you don't need an expensive diagnostics program or some spotty 'Technician' to fix it.

Bikes, now theres a different matter, Current bike, Harley FXR Lowrider sport 1340cc.

Test drive a VW Passat tdi. Too big for me now that the kids are grown up but may suite your needs.

I shall have a look but I always got the impression it was pretty much the same as the A4?

I've been thinking about having my mid life crisis a decade or so early and getting a sportier car but the insurance is a killer for anyone under 30.

I've been thinking about having my mid life crisis a decade or so early and getting a sportier car but the insurance is a killer for anyone under 30.

Funnily enough I was just going to ask about blokes and their mid life crisis. Yesterday my neighbours arrived home in a new car, well nearly new. he is a gashead aged early 50's. His wife is about 10 years younger. I know they are going to ask what i think of the car but should I lie for the sake of friendship???

The car is a sleek, black and sporty looking coupe thing, think its an Hyundai. I haven't seen one like it before. They have gone from a basic Fiesta to this. It just doesn't suit them at all!!! It looks like something out of Knight Rider or some dodgy estate agent salespersons car!!! What do I tell them???

By the way I'm not jealous, it probably is a lovely car but it's not them. I know they will worry about every bit of dirt that gets on it and they have no garage or drive to put it in so that will worry them too. When i saw it I did wonder about the 'mid life crisis' thing, they have no children so I guess this is their 'baby'.

Citroen C4 1.6 HDi

Yes its quirky and french, but its great fun. 55mpg on the motorway as long as you don't thrash it (and I do 30'000 miles a year at mo).

Would prefer the 2ltr HDI but I think we'll get that when the lease expires in 12 months :)

Funnily enough I was just going to ask about blokes and their mid life crisis. Yesterday my neighbours arrived home in a new car, well nearly new. he is a gashead aged early 50's. His wife is about 10 years younger. I know they are going to ask what i think of the car but should I lie for the sake of friendship???

The car is a sleek, black and sporty looking coupe thing, think its an Hyundai. I haven't seen one like it before. They have gone from a basic Fiesta to this. It just doesn't suit them at all!!! It looks like something out of Knight Rider or some dodgy estate agent salespersons car!!! What do I tell them???

By the way I'm not jealous, it probably is a lovely car but it's not them. I know they will worry about every bit of dirt that gets on it and they have no garage or drive to put it in so that will worry them too. When i saw it I did wonder about the 'mid life crisis' thing, they have no children so I guess this is their 'baby'.

Tell them it's lovely and you'll bear it in mind for Mr RedM's birthday present when he has a mid life crisis :)

To be honest though, if you're working and don't have kids you're going to end up with more money than you need. A car's as good a way to spend it as many, most people spend a lot of hours in cars.

Tell them it's lovely and you'll bear it in mind for Mr RedM's birthday present when he has a mid life crisis :)

To be honest though, if you're working and don't have kids you're going to end up with more money than you need. A car's as good a way to spend it as many, most people spend a lot of hours in cars.

And more money than sense! It'll be interesting to see what they do as they always have 2 cars yet only the man drives. They have a 'runnabout' car that he uses daily for work, about a 20 min drive each way and a 'good' car. The 'good car rarely gets used, maybe every month to 6 weeks it will get used maybe to go out for the afternoon and then used for work for no more than a week. He then goes back to the 'runabout' car to keep the mileage low on the 'good' car and he says the runnabout car is slightly more ecconomical, saves pennies not pounds! They hardly ever go out apart from work.

Obviously the 'good' car has now been relegated to the 'runnabout' car as the 'flash' car is now top dog. The previous runnabout has disappeared, probably dumped by the side of the road somewhere!

I've often debated with them, in a friendly way, that it was doing no good for a car to be used so little, never mind the cost of insurance etc. Also riding round in a 'wreck' was silly just to keep the miles down on the 'good' one if you intended to keep it, which he said he did. I said I'd like comfort over miles!

Is it me or are they a bit strange?! :o

As for MrRedM, he cares less about cars than I do, 4 wheels and nothing flash!

But some cars are sooooooo luverly compared to others.

Put it this way, would you prefer an Audi TT, or a Morris minor.

Point proven! :whistle2::dancing2: :tongue:

In common with MaesKnoll Red I seriously rate the Morris Minor. A true classic. And I would prefer it to the flash hairdresser bit of tat that is an Audi TT.

My comparison would be do you want a Range Rover or a Kia Pride. But I'm sure there's someone out there with a soft spot for Kias. Though obviously they wouldn't be allowed out on their own so couldn't drive one.

My comparison would be do you want a Range Rover or a Kia Pride. But I'm sure there's someone out there with a soft spot for Kias. Though obviously they wouldn't be allowed out on their own so couldn't drive one.

Id have the Kia purely based on the savings id make on the tax, insurance etc. And the fact that Range Rovers drink petrol like its going out of fashion.

loeb.JPG

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Detail.aspx?deriv=36295

Joking? Hmmmmmmm. Check out the facts and figures for yourself! Don't look so big now do you in your oil burner.........:rofl2br:

Impressive stats.......sorry I doubted you but lets be fair - if you pulled up alonside me at the lights do you really think that I'd look twice? Fact I probably wouldn't notice you the first time......Lack of street cred I'm afraid.

Impressive stats.......sorry I doubted you but lets be fair - if you pulled up alonside me at the lights do you really think that I'd look twice? Fact I probably wouldn't notice you the first time......Lack of street cred I'm afraid.

HAHA you sound a right prat!

And why would that be?

Btw - what car do you drive? assuming of course that you're old enough to pass yer test.

Yes thank you, I am old enough, I will have been driving 4 years on new years eve, and not that it makes any difference what so ever I drive a Mitsubishi Colt 1.5 Sport.

Yes thank you, I am old enough, I will have been driving 4 years on new years eve, and not that it makes any difference what so ever I drive a Mitsubishi Colt 1.5 Sport.

Those Colts are quite nice, excellent value and those 1.5 Sports are quite nippy. Obviously no street cred attached to it but then we all can't be as cool as robbored in his VW, can we?!!!

How long have you had the Colt for?

Those Colts are quite nice, excellent value and those 1.5 Sports are quite nippy. Obviously no street cred attached to it but then we all can't be as cool as robbored in his VW, can we?!!!

How long have you had the Colt for?

Just over 2 years now, like you said though has no street cred, but then I think i'd rather not come under the same stereo type as robbored anyway!!

Archived