IGNORED

Keogh To Carlisle

BCFCfan

You are right. Stoke went up to the Championship RK came back down to us & now he is doing the same. Whats all that about? Massive shame i think.

The difference is Stoke did not offer him a contract they released him on the grounds he was not good enough to play in the Championship probably because he is too slow,as was evidenced at Huddersfield playng along side average players he looked less than average

Looks like Keogh is gaining a reputation as a Jonah.

Moves to Huddersfield and they go backwards, but when he leaves they suddenly start winning.

Now joins high flying Carlisle and they lose to league 2 Grimsby in the cup.

Perhaps this is the reason why GJ doesn't want him back?

Would that be the same mighty Scott Goldbounre who is battling away for Bournemouth in a 2 all draw with the mighty barrow tonight ? Guess at least he scored - Highlight of his footballing life perhaps ?

Yeah the boy did good :laugh:

the difference between golbourne and the others though is that Golbourne did ask or want to leave,

the club decided to sell him due to a decent offer from a higher league club

the difference between golbourne and the others though is that Golbourne did ask or want to leave,

the club decided to sell him due to a decent offer from a higher league club

Goldbourne is still a very good player is still only 19 is very well thought of at Reading and at some point will be playing in the prem, he also as has been said was sold and recieved a massive pay rise

Reading this thread, it would seem that people are judging Richard pretty negatively and it is probably easy to see why as it would appear he is being sent out on loan having not signed a contract.

I would just say that none of us actually know for certain why that contract wasn't/isn't signed - maybe it wasn't financial? Maybe the reasons were footballing, maybe they were reasons that we would understand and maybe even respect?

I don't think we should forget how hard the lad works/worked(?) on the pitch for us, and the fact that he was young player of the year last year. I didn't see that coming at the beginning of the season, did you? Thought not - it was his effort, commitment and also footballing ability that won him that award and that doesn't disappear.

It is hard to doubt GJ given the fantastic job he has obviously done, but ask yourself whether you would prefer him in the 16 whilst Orr is out, or out on loan at Carlisle? I hope he has a great loan spell there and is able to put his career back on track wherever that may be.

Archived