IGNORED

Who's More Hated

madmax

With a high chance Holloway could be gracing the Ashton Gate dugouts again this weekend, I wondered to myself as to who would get the bigger welcome, Pulis or Holloway himself?

I was surprised at Pulis's reception, it actually wasn't that bad.

Personally I think Holloway will get the bigger reception, but on the other hand, a lot of City fans seem to have a liking to the guy.

What do you all think? Friend or foe?

MM

Do City fans really 'hate' Holloway?

Lots of City I've spoken with over the years have a grudging respect for him.

Its more to do with the fact that Holloway is a gashead through and through as to why some City fans disrespect him.They think its their 'duty'. :noexpression:

I hate both of them, really it's a toss up.

Pulis is a dishonest scumbag who tried to kill our club, Holloway was a dirty cheating ###### on the field and I've detested him ever since he "feared for his life".

I don't know any city fans that have any sort of respect for him.

Its more to do with the fact that Holloway is a gashead through and through as to why some City fans disrespect him.They think its their 'duty'. :noexpression:

Without trying to drag up a whole new "Hollowhead" debate, I personally think the blokes an a*s!

Some people think its all friendly banter, but this bloke genuinely despises us, so why should we respect the Skeletor lookalike.

Give him loads I say

Easily Pulis.

Holloway is alright- I find him quite funny sometimes. Most of what he says is pretty stupid but I think that's the point. He is a good motivator and has done a pretty good job at Plymouth. I have respect for him- much prefer him to the managers who moan about every ref or decison that doesn't go their way.

You obviously mix with a different generation of City fans than I do.

Not really, I mix with many City fans from several different generations and many different walks of life.

Most of them detest Holloway for the same reasons I do.

You might find the odd one that thinks he's funny but noone I know who remembers how many times he's stuck the boot into us has any respect for him.

Just because someone is a gashead it don't mean you should hate them. To be honest I quite like to see the gas do well as long as they don't beat us and they are bellow us, if I'm realy honest I would like to see them in our league so I got to see 2 derby games per year.

PULIS however has done more damage in one sitting to our club than any heavy handed challange in any derby game ever, and I do hate the evil little weasle. He single handedly stuffed us with some dire players on long term deals for like years and is one of the main reasons we were stuck in league one for so long and why it cost us so much damn money.

PS the demise of the gas would hurt me but Pulis I would feel nothing I seriously hate the guy. You have no idea the joy I felt when I was listening to the chants at brentford that he was off to pompy :) bye bye pulis.

Hollaway on the other hand makes me chuckle with his nonsese he comes out with he's a westcountry legend even if he is a gas head.

Hating him for hating City isn't a valid reason IMO

I have friends who are Rovers fans and hate City, I don't hold it against them, as they support the closest rivals. Holloway played and managed Rover with great passion, and thus had it in for City, as any other fan would.

I find it hard not to like him nowadays, he can do great things with little money, and generally is a decent manager, i think it will all go tits up if he manages the Foxes though, if he had money i can see him making stupid buys.

Pulis by a country mile. Rovers, Welsh and turned up on his first day in blue shorts - how bad is that? He nearly destroyed my enthusiasm for football. I can remember sat in the Dolman against our biggest rivals - Cardiff - and not caring whether we won or lost. Felt much lower that day than when we were at the bottom of the basement.

Now Holloway is a different matter.... close up, living down here in Devon... has a laugh and proud of being a Bristolian (and didn't he wear a red tie for us at one match). Given the grief that some City fans have given him and his family ... bloody forgiving as well. Pride and passion in bucket fulls and I think he's done well in rubbing the Gas's noses in it since they sacked him as well. All in all, a pretty decent chap I'd say.

Hhhmm, mixed reaction as expected I suppose.

I would go with the Pulis people. Can't stand the guy and more or less recently stated that he didn't like his time here and couldn't give a damn about the club.

I do think Hollloway will get a louder reception on Saturday, IF he's made manager of Liecs.

MM

Its more to do with the fact that Holloway is a gashead through and through as to why some City fans disrespect him. They think its their 'duty'. :noexpression:

Lots of City fans I know and have spoken to hate the guy with a passion. Same goes for me. Can't stand the guy. Lets face it he hates us City fans with a passion so why the **** should we like the guy?

How can anyone like a guy that helped the sags beat us on a few occasions.

I suppose your brought his book aswell? Or is that on your xmas list?

Lots of City fans I know and have spoken to hate the guy with a passion. Same goes for me. Can't stand the guy. Lets face it he hates us City fans with a passion so why the **** should we like the guy?

How can anyone like a guy that helped the sags beat us on a few occasions.

I suppose your brought his book aswell? Or is that on your xmas list?

you are a sad one

And because of that view you slag off those that don't share it. :disapointed2se:
I just fail to understand why a minority of City fans like the guy when he is a Rovers legend. How many legends of ours do the Rovers fans like?

I like him.

Hes a passionate bloke and he says how it is rather than messing about. Yeh hes a Gas legend but i have alot of respect for him, hes a good manager and if you have ever spoke to him a nice bloke, you can give him a bit of banter and he will give you it back.

Still going to boo him though, just out of politeness..

I just fail to understand why a minority of City fans like the guy when he is a Rovers legend. How many legends of ours do the Rovers fans like?

Thats not the point.

The point is that Holloway was a usefull footballer who had a reasonable career and who just happened to play for and then managed the gas. He's always worn his heart on his sleeve when it comes to the gas - he once said that if he was cut in half there would be blue and white quarters on display. Thats not enough reason to dislike or 'hate' a bloke. You have to respect a man who holds his club so openly close his heart.

As for the second part of your reply. I can tell you now that lots of gasheads like and respect Scot Murray and would love to see him play for them at the end of his career.Many of them respected Tinnion for the player he was although many disliked Tinnion because he slagged off the Rovers on a number of occaisions.

Most level headed and balanced gasheads are quite envious of us having Johnson as our manager.One said to me when he was appointed 'worse thing that could have happened to the Rovers'.

If you go on the Rovers forum you'll see that they have clones of you.Certain ones 'hate' all things City simply because it City.What a sad place the forum world has become.

Archived