IGNORED

Who's More Hated

madmax

Thats not the point.

The point is that Holloway was a usefull footballer who had a reasonable career and who just happened to play for and then managed the gas. He's always worn his heart on his sleeve when it comes to the gas - he once said that if he was cut in half there would be blue and white quarters on display. Thats not enough reason to dislike or 'hate' a bloke. You have to respect a man who holds his club so openly close his heart.

As for the second part of your reply. I can tell you now that lots of gasheads like and respect Scot Murray and would love to see him play for them at the end of his career.Many of them respected Tinnion for the player he was although many disliked Tinnion because he slagged off the Rovers on a number of occaisions.

Most level headed and balanced gasheads are quite envious of us having Johnson as our manager.One said to me when he was appointed 'worse thing that could have happened to the Rovers'.

If you go on the Rovers forum you'll see that they have clones of you.Certain ones 'hate' all things City simply because it City.What a sad place the forum world has become.

I can remember going back a few seasons when City had 3000 plus in the away end at QPR.

He was being interviewed pitchside for radio Bristol, when a HUGE HUGE chant of "CHEER UP HOLLOWAY" started!

Covering his ears, apparently he said something like "aint it nice to see the red side of Bristol, come all the way up here with thier best wishes for me".

I'd have to say Pullis, I started watching City when I first moved to Bristol and Pullis was in charged and the standard of football was awful at time (well most of the times) they reason I kept coming was because of the atmosphere in the ground. When he left/got the sack and we Rosenior & tony F they turned everthing round and we ended up at Wembley. I don't think I would have carried on coming down the Gate and would have missed out on so manyh memorable moments if Puliis had stayed at the club.

I think Holloway is a good bloke, he can be a bit of a prat at times but seems good for a laugh. He also very passionate about his team and players, but is on the level with the fans and don't let his players forget the fans matter the most.

Someone can be disliked and respected at the same time.

I like his no nonsense view of football (anyone who read his review of the England Russia game knows what I'm on about).

I disliked his agenda of trying to make Rovers teh biggest club in the west country and his media savy attitude started making people start to believe (non footy rugby types).

How much respect has GJ got from Rovers fans?

How much do they detest his success and media profile do they have?

Like someone else said earlier biggest mistake Rovers ever made was to sack him after failing to get a play off spot in the division they now play in.

Thats not the point.

The point is that Holloway was a usefull footballer who had a reasonable career and who just happened to play for and then managed the gas. He's always worn his heart on his sleeve when it comes to the gas - he once said that if he was cut in half there would be blue and white quarters on display. Thats not enough reason to dislike or 'hate' a bloke. You have to respect a man who holds his club so openly close his heart.

As for the second part of your reply. I can tell you now that lots of gasheads like and respect Scot Murray and would love to see him play for them at the end of his career.Many of them respected Tinnion for the player he was although many disliked Tinnion because he slagged off the Rovers on a number of occaisions.

Most level headed and balanced gasheads are quite envious of us having Johnson as our manager.One said to me when he was appointed 'worse thing that could have happened to the Rovers'.

If you go on the Rovers forum you'll see that they have clones of you.Certain ones 'hate' all things City simply because it City.What a sad place the forum world has become.

And one of the reasons I dislike Holloway is because he has done the same to us.

I will happily admit I hate all things Rovers. Can't stand them. Infact I despise them with a passion.

Pulis = Total C"nt! Horrible man with awful management skills (none infact).

He set back 'My beloved' club years in only a few months. Absolute scum!!

It still amazes me this man is in work.

Holloway = Simply a thick gashead!

I don't have any love for any Ex Sag, People who find this man funny-Why?

He puts Bristolians on the map? He lets the area down 'Bigtime'. Everytime i hear him talk he sounds thick as pigshit!

To conclude, both deserve stick while at The Gate.

hate them both hollohead more though

he is just mr rent a pun and is basically become a bore, he would be a classic side kick to jed pitman on that excuse of a football program

on the other hand though puils is a horrible, dirty, spoiler and his teams play sh*t football whilst trying to cheat there way to victory

good question though

what about frankie prince, lyndsey parsons, gary pilao rice, jamie cureton, twentypence, jocky alexander, gay raydon, gerry frances

i'm sure there's plenty more...

Thats not the point.

Horses for courses Robbored.. this 'Forum' as any forum is about opinion?

And this one or the gas one is at the end of the day only a silly little football forum........... there are people in the world that don't have enough to eat each day...... what have we stupid forum members got to worry about?

I don't have any real respect for the gas...... supporters of them yes, but they are misguided (only my opinion)

There does sometime seem a contradiction......... that's life

Moving on.....Pulis was not the answer and the football was unattractive but we did win some games against teams that we always seemed to lose against before his appointment

Hollowhead..... who bloody well cares.. the guy is a gashead....... he does seem to hate City and is a bore at times

Always detested Holloway as he always did his best to inflame derby day with his poor behaviour on the pitch. Holloway unlike White, McClean, Alexander, Jones, Purnell etc really had no excuse as he did have some ability.

He was part of Francis's team who based their game on intimidating the opposition and the ref and Holloway would always be at the front to harrass the ref while his team played with a lack of style that embodied all that was wrong with English football.

Always detested Holloway as he always did his best to inflame derby day with his poor behaviour on the pitch. Holloway unlike White, McClean, Alexander, Jones, Purnell etc really had no excuse as he did have some ability.

He was part of Francis's team who based their game on intimidating the opposition and the ref and Holloway would always be at the front to harrass the ref while his team played with a lack of style that embodied all that was wrong with English football.

:noexpression: blimey...

Do City fans really 'Hate' Hollowhead? any one who harbours an intense hostility and aversion towards IH need to get some fresh air and lighten up.

What has he actually done other than openly wear is heart on his sleeve for his passion and love of Bristol Rovers?

Personally I don't mind the bloke.

I'd boo Holloway, but in a kind of pantomime villain way - I don't really hate him as a person and respect (grudgingly) some of what he's done

& me, after all he was the manager of Bristol Rovers & QPR in the same season they were both relegated.

That takes some doin

:noexpression: blimey...

Charles Hughes POMO look it up.

Holloway was the lynch pin of those tactics being employed at Twerton Park and intimidating the linesman, ref and opposition players was part of the Francis's theory. Holloway embraced this like no other and a direct and cynical approach has been a trend within Holloway sides ever since.

Do City fans really 'Hate' Hollowhead? any one who harbours an intense hostility and aversion towards IH need to get some fresh air and lighten up.

What has he actually done other than openly wear is heart on his sleeve for his passion and love of Bristol Rovers?

Personally I don't mind the bloke.

He was lucky not to get arrested at Ashton Gate in the eighties and gave the enclosure the verbals.

Little to dislike about Penrice or Martyn

:rofl2br: Thats very good! So very original...... :noexpression:

I'm surprised that you never mentioned the Conference manager thread... :fastasleep:

Oh, alright then, Conference Manager thread, seeing as you mentioned it.

Seriously though' you do appear to have a lot of contact with the Blue few though' Robbored.

You sure youre not confusing Gas and City fans, cos I cant think of any City fans who remotely like Hollowhead

There can't be that many gasheads in Buckinghamshire but there are quite a few in Nailsea.Most of them seem to drink in my local.

Sadly, there are a whole family of em. They even wear the Tesco ba...sorry shirts at all times. There are however quite a few of us Reds. Aint heard any good words about Hollowhead from em

As someone who is a non-Bristolian, but loves both Bristol City and the City of Bristol, I find these mutterings about Holloway being some kind of representative cultural/celebrity icon hilarious, and only valid if you also see Vicki Pollard in the same vein.

The bloke is an a*se!! no yerbut nobuts about it.Give me a break.....

As for Pulis, well he was a worse appointment than McLaren, and in both cases mediocrity transpired( a shame in Mc Claren's case as he had been priviledged to pull on the sacred red shirt of BCFC)

Personally I hated Ian Alexander more than both of 'em!!!!

Pulis for me. He actually took the managers job and did his best to ph00k us up

Pulis for me too - Though I have promised a Plymuff fan at work that I'll boo Holloway very loudly on his behalf as he is seriously unhappy about what Holloway did :laugh:

Archived