IGNORED

Midfield Sitting Too Deep

Red_Mat

Noble's problem is fitness though, he's not capable of lasting a full 90mins even when fully fit (which isn't very often) plus he has a severe lack of pace and at this level that has stuck out,

Getting a Creative Central Midfielder to play alongside Elliott in during the window is probably the most important signing we need. it is the main weakness in midfield

Do you seriously think Johnson is going to get another midfielder to replace his son?

Do you seriously think Johnson is going to get another midfielder to replace his son?

Yes, it's the weak link in midfield and is consistantly the area where their is a weakness, neither LJ or Noble seem the long term answer and many others have also said that they believe we will sign a midfielder come january.

Yes, it's the weak link in midfield and is consistantly the area where their is a weakness, neither LJ or Noble seem the long term answer and many others have also said that they believe we will sign a midfielder come january.

Sorry mate but there's no way that he's going to do that and bring someone in to replace Lee. I don't know how people can constantly say Noble isn't a centre midfielder, he isn't fit enough and hasn't done enough.. he hasn't been given a chance next to Elliott in midfield and won't get given a chance. It's a straight swap and it's got to be worth a chance surely you'd agree that?

Sorry mate but there's no way that he's going to do that and bring someone in to replace Lee. I don't know how people can constantly say Noble isn't a centre midfielder, he isn't fit enough and hasn't done enough.. he hasn't been given a chance next to Elliott in midfield and won't get given a chance. It's a straight swap and it's got to be worth a chance surely you'd agree that?

Noble is worth a try in the middle but he obviously isn't fit and will need subbing on 60 minutes or so if he makes it that far.

I am sure that GJ will replace LJ just the same as any other player and I suspect it will happen soon. Previously when LJ has been off form it has only been for a game or two (it's not nepotism - a couple of bad games is not enough for any other player to get dropped by GJ either) but this time it's gone on longer.

Noble is worth a try in the middle but he obviously isn't fit and will need subbing on 60 minutes or so if he makes it that far.

I am sure that GJ will replace LJ just the same as any other player and I suspect it will happen soon. Previously when LJ has been off form it has only been for a game or two (it's not nepotism - a couple of bad games is not enough for any other player to get dropped by GJ either) but this time it's gone on longer.

Last season when Lee Johnson was poor he himself had a go at the fans. Then Gary Johnson told a fan "not to bother going anymore then". However Lee Johnson had another poor game last season but managed to score a cracker in injury time to save himself and Gary from more criticism. I think it's blatently obvious that Gary just won't replace Lee because he won't even take him off. If Lee Johnson is our supposed star player and the centre of our team.. surely it's partly his fault we've been poor recently both defensively and in attack?

Last season when Lee Johnson was poor he himself had a go at the fans. Then Gary Johnson told a fan "not to bother going anymore then". However Lee Johnson had another poor game last season but managed to score a cracker in injury time to save himself and Gary from more criticism. I think it's blatently obvious that Gary just won't replace Lee because he won't even take him off. If Lee Johnson is our supposed star player and the centre of our team.. surely it's partly his fault we've been poor recently both defensively and in attack?

there is no denying that the last 3 games have been poor result, but it can't all be blamed on one player, too many others have had dips in form as well,

equally that if Lee has played bad in the last couple of games, then he has done well in the first 12 games to get us to top of the league early season, 12 good games 2/3 bad games?

Last season when Lee Johnson was poor he himself had a go at the fans. Then Gary Johnson told a fan "not to bother going anymore then".

It's called frustration and what GJ actually said was "if you're not going to support..." and it was after a torrent of abuse.

However Lee Johnson had another poor game last season but managed to score a cracker in injury time to save himself and Gary from more criticism.

You can't say he was poor apart from the goal any more than you can say he was excellent apart from where he was poor.

I think it's blatently obvious that Gary just won't replace Lee because he won't even take him off. If Lee Johnson is our supposed star player and the centre of our team.. surely it's partly his fault we've been poor recently both defensively and in attack?

I think it's blatantly obvious that GJ will do whatever it takes to make the team successful. LJ is not supposed to be our star player, he's supposed to be a creative midfielder and he's not been great at it recently.

When GJ thinks he has a better option he will act, right now it's obvious that he doesn't think a barely fit and injury prone Noble is that better option. Why does that make it nepotism? He persisted with other players when many fans thought they were poor - just because this one is his son you think that's why instead of a perfectly normal difference of opinion based on the fact that he sees the players train 5 days a week and you don't?

The accusations of nepotism are pathetic and uncalled for.

Bottom line is that Gary Johnson has proved himself to be a capable manager and it's he who has the final say.

He's generally picked Lee Johnson over David Noble and the team has generally won, so I think it's fair to say that he's probably right to do so.

If Gary Johnson feels that Lee Johnson is a weak link and a better player is available, I am certain that he will not hesitate to make a change. As things are, Lee Johnson is his favoured choice and I'm inclined to believe he's probably right.

Archived