IGNORED

What Happened After The Final Whistle?

pidge

Also seen a seat ripped out in the East End at the end, not sure if it was just the one or they had a go at a few. Idiots.

This seat that was ripped up would not be thrown anywhere, no my friends this will have pride and place in a pikey caravan, probably 2/3 on the way to three piece suite. :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

Redjar, I think it's the fact that we were still physically in there. So quite possibly the police panicing that there was the potential for something to happen? Don't get me wrong, if Cardiff had made more of an effort, there may well have been mahem as I can't imagine City fans just running away. I don't really have the answer, but just a thought.

so our fans in the east end get the blame for away support advacing into our end ?

so our fans in the east end get the blame for away support advacing into our end ?

I think what Pilnin was trying to get at was to reduce the chances of anythign happening one set of fans had to be moved out of the ground, and presumably it was easier to move the City fans than the Cardiff fans (being a lot fewer City fans by this point).

..to be honest I think the faults gotta lie with the Bristol City EastEnder who was stood up facing the Cardiff fans shouting "come & have a go if you think you're hard enough" ......

absolutely the wrong thing to do & was bound to provoke a reaction from the Welsh....

especially as he....

....... had an inflatable 'Love Ewe' sheep doll under his arm at the time! :rofl2br:

I don't think Cardiff were the only ones with idiots and prats.

When we scored, there was a rush down the steps to pitchside by a few dozen of our very own idiots from the Dolman F block, ranting and raving and goading the Cardiff lot. If that's not inciting violence, I don't know what is.

As far as I'm concerned, anybody that leaves their seat and runs to pitchside in a howling mob should be thrown out of the ground.

And yes, the Cardiff fans were guilty too.

I really would like to see rushes to the pitchside in that manner stamped out of the game - it's disgusting, like rabid animals.

??? but what do you think this means ? :gaah:

People love ''tut-tuting'' but secretly love a spot of contoversy.

That was nothing but handbags and bravardo yesterday. If that's peoples way of having fun then just let them get on with it I say, it's why the Police are employed. I was stood no more than 40 yards away just laughing at them, interesting to note also that any retaliation from City only came after we were moved back by plod.

Appologies if my attitude antagonises anyone but that's not my problem :)

When we scored, there was a rush down the steps to pitchside by a few dozen of our very own idiots from the Dolman F block, ranting and raving and goading the Cardiff lot. If that's not inciting violence, I don't know what is.

As far as I'm concerned, anybody that leaves their seat and runs to pitchside in a howling mob should be thrown out of the ground.

I really would like to see rushes to the pitchside in that manner stamped out of the game - it's disgusting, like rabid animals.

don't tell me you sit in the williams and all you do when city score is clap your hands

don't tell me you sit in the williams and all you do when city score is clap your hands

Yeah I do, because I go to watch our team win not to try and wind up the opposition, the very fact we've scored is enough of a wind up for me, and I can still do the winding up from my seat, I don't need to get nearer to them to do that.

#### - what are football supporters becoming, my oh my.

Why not completely kill off any atmosphere this graveyard of a ground generates,just sedate every one under 50 years old as they walk in. Don't sing,stand,clap,chant,cheer,boo ect. Then you can sit in your replica shirt and read your prog in the library,yesterday was much ado about nothing as stated they weren't really hellbent on mayhem.Who remembers the days when they would run on and plant the Welsh dragon flag on the centre circle,sorry but a few people dashing around is hardly a riot

moan when thers no atmosphere,moan when people don't get up and shout,moan when people get up and shout,moan when people get over exited,moan when people don't celebrate enough,moan when people over celebrate moan moan f*in moan! great win great atmosphere 3rd in leage stop f*in moaning and drink up thee cider !

Of course they can.

The club can refuse sale to anyone they like for any reason they like.

If Cardiff are only refusing sale to people with convictions no wonder they're not making any progress getting rid of them.

Only selling to season ticket holders is pointless anyway, I always manage to get a few of my non season ticket holder mate tickets for any game they want, I just ask other people who i know wont be going for a voucher. I will do this again for the Cardiff away game, 5 of us will go and there will only be 2 of us who are season ticket holders, i imagine this is what happened for the Cardiff fans.

When City scored half the ground "goaded" the Baadiff fans by turning to face them and chanting "Who are ya?". By your logic that would be inciting violence as well. I joined in with that, I don't think I behaved like a rabid animal though. I see it more as an outpouring of passion. I suspect that the vast majority of the fans that rushed to the front felt the same & I personally don't believe that many of them would be interested in any sort of violent confrontation with the away fans.

As for the Cardiff Teen Posse at the end, was nothing more than chest puffing. If you want to blame anyone blame the police. We all know they were around in large numbers, but they didn't have the foresight to place a line of coppers

between the two sets of fans at the final whistle. It's hardly rocket science is it?

At full time cardiff (who are supposed to be season ticket holders on official coaches only a brain plan to prevent trouble)

waited untill 80% of the EE home section was empty, leaving i'd say 60 odd fans still leaving near the coffe bar, they

started to chuck coke bottles, coins, seats etc at city fans (who by then were way out of range) cardiff tried to get through

the netting and a few lads (cardiff) got through and walked towards city looking for a fight, city that was left stood laughing

at them and showed good restraint under the circumstances and most of the concern was a young lad pushed down the stairs by police which was ott, other than that the game passed by 90 mins trouble free, the question here really is for cardiff to look in to who they allow to travel officially on their coaches as this was a system designed to stop this type of thing

from happening.

let me say city were not at blame for this and there was nothing but positive support for the team.

Yeah I do, because I go to watch our team win not to try and wind up the opposition, the very fact we've scored is enough of a wind up for me, and I can still do the winding up from my seat, I don't need to get nearer to them to do that.

How is celebrating a goal winding people up yeah these people run to the pitch side the same as some players run to the fans in the stands when they score so why don't you say that's wrong for the players to do

How is celebrating a goal winding people up yeah these people run to the pitch side the same as some players run to the fans in the stands when they score so why don't you say that's wrong for the players to do

According to the FA that is wrong of them. They now get carded for celebrating with the fans, it happoned twice on MOTD last night. The worst rule in football with no common sense applied to it al all. They seem to believe that players celebrating with their own fans does indeed wind up the opposition fans. Of cause it doessnt.

If they chose to celebrate right in front of opposistion fans then I can see how that could, but to card players for celebrating a goal with there own fans is just stupid.

According to the FA that is wrong of them. They now get carded for celebrating with the fans, it happoned twice on MOTD last night. The worst rule in football with no common sense applied to it al all. They seem to believe that players celebrating with their own fans does indeed wind up the opposition fans. Of cause it doessnt.

If they chose to celebrate right in front of opposistion fans then I can see how that could, but to card players for celebrating a goal with there own fans is just stupid.

I agree it is stupid to be carded for celebrating with your own fans but i think it's more to do with it being seen

as time wasting rather than winding up the opposition.

I agree it is stupid to be carded for celebrating with your own fans but i think it's more to do with it being seen

as time wasting rather than winding up the opposition.

Afterall the ref's gotta stop-watch -he should use it .... as long as things don't go on for too long or go OTT surely a player celebrating with his own fans adds to the matchday experience.

(perhaps players should get booked for scoring in the first place -if anythings likely to wind up opposition fans then thats gotta do it! :) ) ... theres too many stupid nit-picking rules creeping into the modern game IMO.

ffs if our game gets any tamer,we may as well all go and watch rugby instead ,,then we can all stand together and have a drink at the same time,, I'm not condoning violence butthe game was better 20 yrs ago when it was all standing and jeering at the other fans when we scored,,i know this is a forgon argument about all seating now ,and probably rightly so after the hillsbrough disaster..but lets not forget that ,that in itself was the police at fault for allowing to many fans in,imo going to football on a saturday and having a drink and a bit of banter with the other fans,is all part of letting off a bit of steam after a hard week,,i cant even begin to think what it will be like in another 20 yrs time,its not a working mans game no more simple as,,,imo as long as noone gets hurt then great,,,,most of the time its theplods fault anyway,,and not being funny but if there wernt any coppers there the silly little chaves that try to start it ,,wouldent be so brave with only a couple of stewards infront of them,,and thelot that want to have it with each other would do so away from the ground,i will now await lots of abuse ,but i don't care :fastasleep:

Afterall the ref's gotta stop-watch -he should use it .... as long as things don't go on for too long or go OTT surely a player celebrating with his own fans adds to the matchday experience.

(perhaps players should get booked for scoring in the first place -if anythings likely to wind up opposition fans then thats gotta do it! :) ) ... theres too many stupid nit-picking rules creeping into the modern game IMO.

totally agree, even the manager has to stay in side a marked out box pitch side, it's all madness

tbh that has to be the most shit i've heard to do with celebrating, what do u expect fans to do wen its 0-0 and we score in a derby... sit there and clap, well i don't no about u but some city fans cant hold in the excitment and run down to the bottom, i don't think they are being animals just showing their passion for their team in a derby..

Only selling to season ticket holders is pointless anyway, I always manage to get a few of my non season ticket holder mate tickets for any game they want, I just ask other people who i know wont be going for a voucher. I will do this again for the Cardiff away game, 5 of us will go and there will only be 2 of us who are season ticket holders, i imagine this is what happened for the Cardiff fans.

Football violence is on the increase again after being almost erradicated in the 90's yet there is only ONE club in th ewhole of the league that has an away scheme that pretty much prevents anyone from getting into an away match if they have previous convictions for football violence.

They have all tickets for all away fans for ALL games and the only way you can buy a ticket is if you have a police approved special ID card that has your photo on. You do not get an ID card automatically if you are a season ticket holder you have to apply separately. At the ground fans have to show their ID card and ticket to get through a line of stewards placed in front of the turnstyles. If the photo doesn't match or you don't have a ticket you are turned away.

The scheme is in place for every away game no matter if its S****horpe, Colchester or a high risk game like Cardiff.

Its well OTT and is the kind of scheme that Margaret Thatcher tried to bring in in the 80's for all fans. However I can see a time coming soon where more clubs (including City and definately Cardiff) are going to have to consider such a scheme for their high risk games if they are genuinely serious about getting rid of the scumbags who are more intersted in violence and thuggery than they are in the football.

tbh that has to be the most shit i've heard to do with celebrating, what do u expect fans to do wen its 0-0 and we score in a derby... sit there and clap

Jump about, sing, shout, scream, go mental. Not run at away fans.

, well i don't no about u but some city fans cant hold in the excitment and run down to the bottom, i don't think they are being animals just showing their passion for their team in a derby..

Were you one of the aforementioned complete morons then? Perhaps these people who can't hold in their excitement should learn some self control.

I joined in the "Who are you chant" was quite fun I must say.

Sometimes it is instinct to run towards the front I remember when we scored the 2nd against Boro in the cup I found my self 9 rows ahead of where my seat was in the Ayteo but I will say that sometimes the fans do it just to try and wind up the away fans. I don't really see the problem either way to be honest no doubt they would do it to us and I thought that the lot in F block made a fair ammount of noise.

Archived