IGNORED

Any Body Else Not Take Kindly To Being Ticked Off

southvillekiddy

I try my best not to moan about the team and manager. Never have done. Look at what they've achieved in two seasons.

Save my criticism for the people who make such a balls-up of

1. setting ticket prices

2. managing our stadium

and who

3. antagonise faithful fans

Check out the News on the web-site about the Barnsley game. I don't think its right for the fans to be blamed almost entirely for not attending in greater numbers at present

1. I went to Watford and saw my team play brilliantly and paid £3 less than at Ashton Gate to be at the stadium of the then

League leaders

I could not afford a season ticket this year

2. In order to go in the Stand of my choice on saturday I spent most of the week on the phone, sending pms and making arrangements to meet the fans who were kind enough to arrange guest tickets for my daughter and I.

3. My daughter and I are not football hooligans, we just find that we like singing and giving lots of vocal support to City.

Its very difficult to support City in this way at the moment, even though the manager has said it makes a "twelth man effect"

So please don't tell us we're naughty boys and girls for not attending.

I'm sorry my friend, I have to disagree and support Steve L on this one.

There have been a lot of criticism of the Board on this site about ticket prices. Its now time for the critics to put up or shut up.

With the money the Chairman spent on Trundle et al in the summer, plus the £1 million on the training ground he is perfectly within his rights to ask for the club's support to rallying around the best team and manager we have had for 30 years and get behind the boys.

He's put his money where his mouth is, tickets are half price, let's see if the club's missing supporters will do the same.

There have been a lot of criticism of the Board on this site about ticket prices. Its now time for the critics to put up or shut up.

With the money the Chairman spent on Trundle et al in the summer, plus the £1 million on the training ground he is perfectly within his rights to ask for the club's support to rallying around the best team and manager we have had for 30 years and get behind the boys.

He's put his money where his mouth is, tickets are half price, let's see if the club's missing supporters will do the same.

okay mate I'm not just having a go at SL. I,ve no doubt about his committment, but who does he speak to about the match day experience. If you have a great product, which we have, what do you do to interest your clients apart from thinking about the price you charge for it? Most of those that go are behind the boys and those that attend should be best placed to encourage others to also attend. It's not just about ticket prices as I said above. Match experience is also crucial. What do the fans say to potential match-goers about the match day experience and how fans are treated at Ashton Gate?

This is almost a guaranteed way for Steve Lansdown to try and justify the appallingly high ticket prices. He knows (as well as the other staff members at AG), that black Saturday ie. The last Saturday before Christmas always has poor attendance.

SL wins both ways, if we get a massive crowd then he'll say brilliant for him for lowering the prices whereas if we get a small crowd, he'll say the prices from the outset are justified !!

We won't get a sell out three days before Christmas, and he knows that. It would be interesting if he lowered the prices on a bank holiday game like New Years day, but likewise the club knows we always get big crowds for those games so there'd be no chance of that.

I'm not slating Steve Lansdown for what he does, I just think his comment regarding if the crowd isn't a sellout on Saturday justifies the high prices.

There have been a lot of criticism of the Board on this site about ticket prices. Its now time for the critics to put up or shut up.He's put his money where his mouth is, tickets are half price, let's see if the club's missing supporters will do the same.

The Saturday 3 days prior to Christmas day against Barnsley! This date in the fixture list is renowned for many clubs getting poor attendances all over the country, the club in fairness have attempted to attract as many as possible by lowering the prices,fair play. But let's not lose sight of the real reason they have done this, many will still be unable to attend due to other responsibilitys at this time of year.

There are some things in life that are actually more important than watching City regardless of the price.

I try my best not to moan about the team and manager. Never have done. Look at what they've achieved in two seasons.

Save my criticism for the people who make such a balls-up of

1. setting ticket prices

2. managing our stadium

and who

3. antagonise faithful fans

Check out the News on the web-site about the Barnsley game. I don't think its right for the fans to be blamed almost entirely for not attending in greater numbers at present

1. I went to Watford and saw my team play brilliantly and paid £3 less than at Ashton Gate to be at the stadium of the then

League leaders

I could not afford a season ticket this year

2. In order to go in the Stand of my choice on saturday I spent most of the week on the phone, sending pms and making arrangements to meet the fans who were kind enough to arrange guest tickets for my daughter and I.

3. My daughter and I are not football hooligans, we just find that we like singing and giving lots of vocal support to City.

Its very difficult to support City in this way at the moment, even though the manager has said it makes a "twelth man effect"

So please don't tell us we're naughty boys and girls for not attending.

It's a sick market. Blame them earning the money and ruining the game. At our level, players in general. I should be ashamed looking at the balance of my bankaccount.

The Saturday 3 days prior to Christmas day against Barnsley! This date in the fixture list is renowned for many clubs getting poor attendances all over the country, the club in fairness have attempted to attract as many as possible by lowering the prices,fair play. But let's not lose sight of the real reason they have done this, many will still be unable to attend due to other responsibilitys at this time of year.

There are some things in life that are actually more important than watching City regardless of the price. If there was a £10 admission charge still wouldnt sell out and there would still be big spaces in the E.E.

There are many, many things more important than watching City; the list is growing by the day. :disapointed2se::tv_horror: :tv_horror: :tv_horror:

• Admin

Why is it ?

Being the Saturday before Christmas is nothing short of a PR stunt from the club.

Do it on a regular basis away from Christmas when "traditionally" people are STRUGGLING to find money !

To throw an idea in how about kid a quid more often ? - it's all about timing and the usual Christmas stunt is not the time . . .maybe reducing the prices more often may start to bring back all those who were alienated away from AG this season ? ?? Maybe time to realise the "usual" price is the problem ?

I'm sorry, apart from a life threatening emergency to a close family member, at 3 pm on saturday afternoon there is nothing more important in my life than Bristol City FC. All I've read so far is a lot of self serving feeble excuses.

If you are a true City fan you will be there, from Plymouth to Carlisle, from Swansea to Norwich.

The reason for our clubs mediocre history is the apathetic attitude of its so called supporters. Steve L represents a dream opportunity of breaking out of our cycle of failure. However, I fear if he doesn't see the backing the team deserves he will become dis-enchanted and spend his hard earned cash elsewhere.

I think he, the team and GJ deserve better support, at any price.

I'm sorry, apart from a life threatening emergency to a close family member, at 3 pm on saturday afternoon there is nothing more important in my life than Bristol City FC. All I've read so far is a lot of self serving feeble excuses.

If you are a true City fan you will be there, from Plymouth to Carlisle, from Swansea to Norwich.

The reason for our clubs mediocre history is the apathetic attitude of its so called supporters. Steve L represents a dream opportunity of breaking out of our cycle of failure. However, I fear if he doesn't see the backing the team deserves he will become dis-enchanted and spend his hard earned cash elsewhere.

I think he, the team and GJ deserve better support, at any price.

I completely and whole-heartedly agree with BemmyBoy 100% I am an apathetic fan that picks and chooses his games but would be there every home game if i could afford it. Due to the price reduction, I will be there on Saturday. The price reduction has had the right effect on me and I hope many others too. My last game was Charlton by the way so I do still go "fairly" regularly!

Fair enough

There have been a lot of criticism of the Board on this site about ticket prices.

And quite rightly so.I just wonder why all of these people make the comments they do and go out of their way to post on a BCFC Forum if there's no truth or subtsnace in it?

Its now time for the critics to put up or shut up.

Dropping the prices for thr worst home game of the season against relatively un-attractive opposition is hardly going to change the minds of people who feel disconnected and turned their back on the club.Before SL made the comment, I posted that we should try a long term (six weeks) trial whilst ridding ourselves of the wretched stealth charges that add cost as well as insult to injury.

As I said at the time, if that doesn't work he may well have a point

I think you need to understand that we actually spent less than we received on ST's, TV Money & The Preiership Gift.It wasn't SL's money, it was the clubs and no, they aren't one and the same.I'm not knocking SL andf I'm delighted with the new ground and investment in training facilities, however, one game proves nothing in the context of the argument, in comparison to the number of games preceeding it.

Hook line & sinker

Why is it ?

Being the Saturday before Christmas is nothing short of a PR stunt from the club.

Todays comment is and there appears to be a disagreement within CS & SL on this

Do it on a regular basis away from Christmas when "traditionally" people are STRUGGLING to find money !

Correct

To throw an idea in how about kid a quid more often ? - it's all about timing and the usual Christmas stunt is not the time . . .maybe reducing the prices more often may start to bring back all those who were alienated away from AG this season ? ?? Maybe time to realise the "usual" price is the problem ?

Spot On

Steve Lansdown: "This match should be a sell-out and if it's not then it tells me people really aren't that interested and that the price we charge is more than very reasonable".

I was chatting to a friend before the Cardiff game who until fairly recently used to go to every City match, home & away. This supporter is, needless to say, a died-in-the-wool City fan. However, this was only her fourth game this season, because she can't afford it any more. She's not a kid, or unemployed, or a student, or on a low income, just an average middle-income citizen who has been priced out of going to football on a regular basis. I guess most of us here have grown up with football as a regular, routine part of our lives, so imagine having that taken away from you....

I am, and always have been, a big Steve Lansdown fan and have never had a negative word to say to or about him......but for me this quote above defies all logic. All football matches throughout history have been poorly attended on the Saturday before Christmas, even when it was tuppence 'a'penny to get in, never mind twenty quid.

I have a season ticket and go to every home game and about one-in-three away. Am I enjoying it this season? Hell yes, the best and most exciting Bristol City side since I was 13! Is it value for money? **** no! It's stupidly, ridiculously expensive. Can I afford it? Yeah, but apparently I'm one of the lucky ones.

"people really aren't that interested and the price we charge is more than very reasonable". I'm afraid I am very disappointed if that is honestly what Steve thinks.

no, sorry it doesn't work like that

the proof is in the pudding

this season's attendances have been crap - it's not johnson's or the team's fault - we are third in the league

you tell me what's going wrong

and, as an aside - the management of the eastend has been a fiasco

I think the point here is that some fans are peed off with running around for days trying to get

tickets for a stand where they can enjoy their match day experience with friends in a away from

home type manner rather than getting a ticket with ease for other parts of the ground,

sat near people who moan like fook from lee johnson to trundle, to stop singing your annoying me,

to moan, moan, moan, if fans can't get tickets to parts of the ground where they

want to go some lose their enthusiasm for so called lesser games, the club do not make it easy for some fans.

Lowering the prices for 'black saturday' is a sensible move. It just happens to be against 'unattractive' opposition as well so therefore thats two good reasons to provide a matchday sweetener.

But....whether AG sells out or not on saturday will not be an indication of whether fans care about overall prices.I think Lansdown has already worked out by the disapointing attendences so far that he overpriced the increase in the first place but that he is reluctant to admit it. After all - as his success in life shows - he doesn't get it wrong very often. Making such annoucements as "This match should be a sell-out and if it's not then it tells me people really aren't that interested and that the price we charge is more than very reasonable". suggests to me a transferance of responsibilty.

I have said before on here that Steve is our best Chairman since the late great Harry Dolman. Here is a man who has made his fortune through hard work and great business acumen and I admire him for that. As with many Chairmen who are successful businessmen however that nous seems to desert him sometimes. Would he say to his business clients "Look, I'm reducing the fee we charge for our services but if you don't respond you can all bugger off"? I think not. I understand his frustration but sometimes he needs to choose his words more carefully perhaps.

I have said before on here that Steve is our best Chairman since the late great Harry Dolman. Here is a man who has made his fortune through hard work and great business acumen and I admire him for that. As with many Chairmen who are successful businessmen however that nous seems to desert him sometimes. Would he say to his business clients "Look, I'm reducing the fee we charge for our services but if you don't respond you can all bugger off"? I think not. I understand his frustration but sometimes he needs to choose his words more carefully perhaps.

I agree.

I see him setting friendly challenge rather than having a pop at supporters and so should others

take it that way, GJ sets goals for his players so why not the fans? in return all we ask is to make

it easy for some fans to rise to SL's challenge, take the eastend you are limited to 1 bring a friend

ticket when say 2 of your mates want to go but can't becuse the season ticket holders have used up

all their options, now those 2 people that want to go but they would rather go xmas shopping with the wife

than sit away from friends so there is 2 people lost for that game, the bring a friend is ok but 1 ticket per

person is too limited, what if a dad (season ticket holder) wants to bring his son and wife to football to sit

together? they can't as your only allowed 1 ticket, the price of the ticket does not matter it's getting one that

does..

SL help us out as we will respond to Positive support in the EE.

Lowering the prices for 'black saturday' is a sensible move. It just happens to be against 'unattractive' opposition as well so therefore thats two good reasons to provide a matchday sweetener.

But....whether AG sells out or not on saturday will not be an indication of whether fans care about overall prices.I think Lansdown has already worked out by the disapointing attendences so far that he overpriced the increase in the first place but that he is reluctant to admit it. After all - as his success in life shows - he doesn't get it wrong very often. Making such annoucements as "This match should be a sell-out and if it's not then it tells me people really aren't that interested and that the price we charge is more than very reasonable". suggests to me a transferance of responsibilty.

I can see both sides of this. I don't think this is the first time there have been offers on 'Black Saturday'. Maybe they weren't half price, but then prices weren't at this level either.

On one hand if the attendance is good then people are keen to watch football but not at high prices so they wait for offers. On the other hand people will be going away to visit families, take holidays and have other plans, maybe an Xmas job on Saturday afternoon? so they couldn't attend anyway whatever the prices.

Also people get out of the habit of going. Football is such an addictive thing, would they want to go and then be annoyed as they can't justify spending double the price if they want to go again? I had a ST for years, then had to take a break for a few seasons due to my children being young. During that time I would only go to an occasional match, I found I didn't really enjoy it as I didn't know the players and their style of play etc, yes I knew the names and the results but it's not the same.

My children would like to bring a friend or 2 but as I sit with others we'd all have to move to sit together, as there are no spare seats near us, and we don't want to do that!

So far as I've said before I'm very happy that i am getting good value for my ST, but i am also sad that attendances are low. I still think we should have 'piled it high and sold it cheap' when prices were set rather than trying to claw it back now. we could have, and should have, sold many many more St's and we wouldn't be having this problem now. The money would have been banked and the attendance figures looking good whether people we there or not.

Can you imagine what it would be like if we had a bad season so far!!! :surrender:

Very well put!

Do you suppose that saturdays prices would have been reduced if City had been at home to Plymouth or Wolves?

SL has said lets bring the prices down for the Barnsley game,last weekend before xmas etc.

Well he has halved the price for city fans,now that is a huge enticer to get down the gate and watch a cracking Bristol City side play.

All the moaners and groaners that have blasted on about price all season,even though this is citys best season in well over 25 years they will have no excuses not to turn up.

A sellout it should be,will it only time will tell.

SL can finally close this chapter on price if it is not sold out,and can sit comfortably nowing he got it right first time around.

Quite simply the price orientated people need to show up in force and sell out AG to make any real claim price is a deciding issue in filling ashton gate.

Personally it will be very interesting to see the outcome of this.

SL can finally close this chapter on price if it is not sold out,and can sit comfortably nowing he got it right first time around.

Don't think so, any other day maybe - but i expect we all know people who might be enticed down by the price cut but are simply doing other things on the Saturday 3 days before Christmas.

I think we will get 15,500, about 3,000 up on the gate we could have expected otherwise and more than enough to confirm that price is a factor in City's 'disappointing' crowds.

Crock of shit.

It's the worst attended game of the season, it wouldn't sell out if they gave tickets away for free.

SL should count anything over the 12k or so we would get without price reductions as a bonus.

If we get 16k+ that means to me that price can affect attendance by over a third even on what is traditionally the worst day of the season.

Its Christmas,OPEN THE EAST END TO ALLwhy not, even if an extra few dozen go in; cannot do no harm, may do some good it will get me out of the house :surrender: Its Barnsley for christ sake :dunno:

Archived