IGNORED

Any Body Else Not Take Kindly To Being Ticked Off

southvillekiddy

SL can finally close this chapter on price if it is not sold out,and can sit comfortably nowing he got it right first time around.

Quite simply the price orientated people need to show up in force and sell out AG to make any real claim price is a deciding issue in filling ashton gate.

if he'd got it right first time, we wouldn't be having this discussion

what is a price orientated person?

somebody who cannot afford expensive tickets?

a member of the hoi polloi?

Just taken a call from a mate who, until this year, was a regular season ticket holder. You can all probably guess the reason for him having to pick and choose his games this year.

He is bringing his dad to the Barnsley game. Bought his tickets yesterday and couldn't get 2 seats together in the Dolman, let alone anywhere near mine in Block F. He's in the Williams and got one of the few left without a restricted view.

If it remains pay on the day, I reckon we could be looking at a big 'un.

Now that I think will identify cost as the primary driver for non-attendance at other games.

I would like to see a big crowd for the simple reason that it will turn Steve Lansdown's argument back on it's head - i.e. proof that the price increases were too high, that people do actually want to go and that sensible offers need to be introduced for non-season ticket holders for the rest of the season. That would be the ideal scenario. By the way, before we get the usual whingers I am a season ticket holder myself and do not see the problem with others getting discounted rates and similar value for money to me. I am guaranteed a seat, first pop on away tickets and first go on big cup matches. That will do for me and I prefer to watch my football with 19,000 others not 9,000.

The anecdotal evidence from an earlier poster and Robbored on another thread suggests that we may all get a nice surprise on Saturday. Any attendance in the region of 17,000 would be a massive success and provides a platform for introducing more pricing offers - if Lansdown himself is "interested". Anything between 15,000 and 17,000 would be reasonable and anything less would be poor in my opinion.

I see him setting friendly challenge rather than having a pop at supporters and so should others

take it that way

BINGO - at last someone has worked it out, SL is just on the friendly wind up to get a few more bums on seats and if we do let him and the team down, then he can also be a little smug about the pricing to date.

As its turning out it could be a bumper crowd, I am not a ST and phoned to buy today for me and my lad to come and its sold out in Dolman and Williams (for two together anyway) as I hate going behind the goal, I have upgraded at full price to the prawn sandwich brigade in the Prem seats and dinner (luvly jubbly)...

i for one cannot find fault with the clubs actions on pricing (but I do also have a concern for those you want to come but struggle to find the cash)...

The football I have seen this season is some of the best in the 20 years I have been watching and a few quid more is understandable.

The anecdotal evidence from an earlier poster and Robbored on another thread suggests that we may all get a nice surprise on Saturday. Any attendance in the region of 17,000 would be a massive success and provides a platform for introducing more pricing offers - if Lansdown himself is "interested". Anything between 15,000 and 17,000 would be reasonable and anything less would be poor in my opinion.

As I stated the home crowd is sure to be good as the two side stands are already sold out, the problem will be that Barnsley are only going to bring a few hundred, so it is mostly home fans who need to turn up.. SL needs to consider how many home tickets are sold rather then the overall attedance when working it success or failure.

I would be also interest to see if the overall revenue is up or down at the end of the game against the average attendance this year (i.e is it better to sell an extra 3000 tickets, but all the ticket costs being only at 50% of the normal price or have 3000 less at full price??

One for the accounts I think.

BINGO - at last someone has worked it out, SL is just on the friendly wind up to get a few more bums on seats and if we do let him and the team down, then he can also be a little smug about the pricing to date.

Having a stadium that only two thirds full for half a season despite hugely increased away support, losing 800 ST Holders when promoted, yes, plenty to be smug about

As its turning out it could be a bumper crowd, I am not a ST and phoned to buy today for me and my lad to come and its sold out in Dolman and Williams (for two together anyway) as I hate going behind the goal, I have upgraded at full price to the prawn sandwich brigade in the Prem seats and dinner (luvly jubbly)...

Nice when you can afford it-So can I-Loads can't or won't.

i for one cannot find fault with the clubs actions on pricing

Then you're a deluded as SL

(but I do also have a concern for those you want to come but struggle to find the cash)...

And that's the point-They ain't coming week in, week out

The football I have seen this season is some of the best in the 20 years I have been watching and a few quid more is understandable.

Understandable it may me-That's not the point-It's unaffordable for a lot of people and if we were winning 9-0 every week and playing like Brazil, that still wouldn't matter if you couldn't afford it.

Spot on BB, If City manage to get promoted this season I am already bracing myself for the real possibility of not being able to afford to watch them, it's not a case of I'll find the money from somewhere because I can only just afford the price this season. Some fans have been priced out in this league, can you imagine the take up when they want £500 for a season ticket for the premier league.

i cant belive SL`s comments on the web site today

I am a ST holder so will be there on saturday as i am for every home game, and as many away games as cash and work will allow

It is a sensible move to lower prices for the game just before xmas as many have said this can notouriously be a bad day for attendances,

but i know several people who just cannot afford the outlay 3 days before xmas

not because they don't want to, but because they cant

i have supported SL even when others have knocked him, and i still think he is one of our best chairman ever, so i wont diss him to much,

but sorry steve, your comments on this one are just plain ridiculous and unfair

if the club used the same prices in feb / march and attendences wern't up, then fair comment but 3 days before crimbo....get real

:ranting::ranting::ranting:

I'm sorry, apart from a life threatening emergency to a close family member, at 3 pm on saturday afternoon there is nothing more important in my life than Bristol City FC. All I've read so far is a lot of self serving feeble excuses.

If you are a true City fan you will be there, from Plymouth to Carlisle, from Swansea to Norwich.

The reason for our clubs mediocre history is the apathetic attitude of its so called supporters. Steve L represents a dream opportunity of breaking out of our cycle of failure. However, I fear if he doesn't see the backing the team deserves he will become dis-enchanted and spend his hard earned cash elsewhere.

I think he, the team and GJ deserve better support, at any price.

Whilst I agree that GJ and the boys deserve our support, I cannot agree that it should come at any price. I love BCFC and I love my football in general. However, I cannot justify £25 a match when there is rent to pay, food to buy, bills to pay etc. If I was able to, I can assure you I would be there week in week out. In the early eightys when we were 92 in the football league I was a season ticket holder and also travelled away when ever I could. Just because I can not afford to go every week does not make me a fickle supporter and for your information it is not a feeble excuse that finance dicates my attendance it is a necessity. I would always choose to spend £25 at AG and not in the pub.

Home or away, at the game or at home, on Saturday afternoon my mind and heart is only in one place and that is with the City (just ask my wife she has given up even trying to speak to me between 3pm and 5pm!)

The reduction in price has been a real blessing to me and I hope we get a few more. whoever we are playing.

Archived