IGNORED

Mickey Bell

DukeCoxer

Despite having quite a good game in patches yesterday, i was slightly bemused by goodfellow not starting infront of him yesterday, am i imagining things by thinking wilson has a lot of reluctance to play goodfellow on the left?
I think it was a reasonable decision. Goodfellow is too lightweight and would have been kicked out of the game by Bignot, Tinnion is not a left winger and Rougier had been away on International duty, so may have been to tired to play 90 minutes.

As it turned out, Mickey did well, so Rougier wasn't needed, but I suspect Bell was the only real option in that position.

Bell is far more versatile than G'fellow.Bell can defend andget forward to provide support for the front two.

G'fellow is one dimensional,he can only get forward and lacks any defensive qualities.Wilson couldn't afford to have the left flank exposed by playing G'fellow.

I'm not trying to be critical, because infairness bell had quite a good game, was possibly because of the game that it was, but goodfellow i feel hasnt been selected on the left before yesterday when he really should hav been starting e,g, when tinman played on the left genst oldham instead of him

At this level,as i've said before,Mickey Bell (Bell,Bell,) has been there done that.

That midfield/front two looked happy let 'em get on with it.

Freezer needs a few square meals before he gets a game in the run in.

Danny might use him against a team we are dominating(next time we do that........)

Mickey is a real footballer who can run all day up and down the flank, defend and attack and is probably the best left footed crosser of the ball we have and so creates plenty of chances as well as being very dangerous with free kicks - Badgirl is pathetic in comparison, is one dimensional, cannot defend, jumps out of tackles like a big girl and is knocked off the ball if a defender f#rts near him. Probably the biggest waste of money in years.

Guest city slicker 71
Mickey is a real footballer who can run all day up and down the flank, defend and attack and is probably the best left footed crosser of the ball we have and so creates plenty of chances as well as being very dangerous with free kicks - Badgirl is pathetic in comparison, is one dimensional, cannot defend, jumps out of tackles like a big girl and is knocked off the ball if a defender f#rts near him. Probably the biggest waste of money in years.
Yes I agree with that about Micky it was good to see him back in the frame yesterday and, a good footballer something we don't hear much about these days???

Regards,

CITY SLICKER

Guest Bootylicious

Bell was excellent yesterday. His crosses are what we have been crying out for all season! He fully justified DW's decision to play him and id be all-to-pleased to see him stay there for the Swindon game.

Goodfellow is too lightweight for the 'physical' games, as yesterday was. In fact, i think he'd be better off in a lower division - then he can prance about like a fairy!

I think Bell's experience could prove invaluable in the run-in. These final games will be decided on mental fitness more than on technical ability. It will be the teams best mentally prepared to deal with the pressure who go up, not those with the most talent. Bell has been there, seen it and done it before. He should help steady the others and I expect him to figure heavily in the run in.

Archived