IGNORED

Why Do You Go?

ooRya

I remember those day as well but I reckon that its pretty much like that now. City are playing some really good stuff, riding high in the league with a possible new stadium on the horizon. Theres a 'feel good' factor around BCFC just now.

As for a 'cracking social occaision' - its that to. Meet up for a pint or two with a few mates.Exchange opinions and engage is some friendly banter. Its enjoyable - just like it used to be.

Try being 25 - People stop going, probably not to be seen till their middle age. I bet as a demographic the 25-30 age range is lowest. In the Prem the average supporter is 43 at some clubs.

Try being 25 - People stop going, probably not to be seen till their middle age. I bet as a demographic the 25-30 age range is lowest. In the Prem the average supporter is 43 at some clubs.

Like many 'mature' fans I've had two episodes of following City in the form going to lots of games. From age 12 to about 19 and then from age of about 34 till now. I went to the evening matches in between but missed most saturdays.

When I was 25 I was playing football every week and because of that I had let my season ticket lapse and didn't get another for 10 years or so.

Maybe thats one reason why many clubs have a highish average age?

Like many 'mature' fans I've had two episodes of following City in the form going to lots of games. From age 12 to about 19 and then from age of about 34 till now. I went to the evening matches in between but missed most saturdays.

When I was 25 I was playing football every week and because of that I had let my season ticket lapse and didn't get another for 10 years or so.

Maybe thats one reason why many clubs have a highish average age?

I guess you could be right.

I'm 28 and don't attend many home matches because:

a) I live in London

and b) I play competitive sport on Saturdays

There are probably 1000s and 1000s in my position who are die-hard fans but make the choice between actually playing or watching. Plus all us exiles.

Although I do try and make every game I possibly can and will be there on Saturday, for the love of the club and the thrills and spills they continue to provide me with.

Can i give a definitive answer, no. But i`ll tell you this much...

There`s a tingle down my spine every time i walk in from the Long Ashton bypass and see the Atyeo. There are times when the pride in the team brings a tear to my eye. There`s that feeling of togetherness on away trips that you just can`t find in everyday life.

Why City ? I`ll thank my dad for that.

PDG

Similar to a few people above I hardly missed a single home game and went to many away games up to the age of 15 then went to midweek games and the odd Saturday only until I finished playing football (you cannot beat playing). In the season we got relegated to the Fourth Division I never missed one home game - how bl00dy depressing is that?!! I now have a season ticket which I would like to think I will purchase each year for the rest of my life (whilst I can still put one foot in front of the other and get down there!!) and attend a decent number of away games too.

Why do I go? Thankfully, I can afford to and City are a big part of my life - that's why.

Ive followed City since I was a young boy, because of my dad and was going regularly between the ages of 11 and 19, having a season ticket 5 years consecutively in the League 1 days. Since being at uni in Leicester the past 2 1/2 years, Ive obviously seen the team a lot less, in fact, the last time I was going down week in week out was under Tinnion. I now go to as many away games as I do home due to their location, which is good as away games are 100 times better anyway. I saw the last 5 games of last season so got to witness the fantastic games at Carlisle, home to Rotherham as well as visiting grounds like Doncaster throughout the year. In all fairness, since going to Uni, supporting City seems more surreal - living in Gloucestershire back home, I'm surrounded by Swindon fans and thats always made me more proud and vocal about supporting City.

Now I'm at uni, though, no-one really hates me for supporting City, in fact, many of my mates like to see us do well. It's sort of taken the edge off things for me! Add to that the fact I don't live in Bristol and none of my mates from home support City, and my matchday experience has never had the 'group of lads, having a few beers' feel to it. So I find it hard to really get into the swing of it like I used to. I've always been fanatical and I still am, but I just don't quite get the same buzz right now. City are playing brilliantly, we've got the best manager I can ever remember, there are big things on the horizon... but maybe it's these factors plus the fact I'm becoming a bit disillusioned with football as a whole that have just taken the edge off it for me. It's sad as I've never had what most Bristol based City fans have had, where they go to the game with their mates and they live and breathe the whole experience week after week. Ive always craved it but never quite had it. Don't get me wrong, Ive got many great memories over the years and I still get a massive buzz when we score and when we win, and I still love BCFC. But Ive reached the age now (21) where I'm going to be looking for a job after graduating, possibly moving to a new city, and I don't know where my City supporting future will lie. it would be great if it was in Bristol and I could get a season ticket again, but who knows. What I do know is I'm going to the Barnsley and WBA games this Xmas and I hope the team can carry on performing as they are. It only bodes well for the future. Come on you reds. :chant6ez:

I guess you could be right.

I'm 28 and don't attend many home matches because:

a) I live in London

and b) I play competitive sport on Saturdays

There are probably 1000s and 1000s in my position who are die-hard fans but make the choice between actually playing or watching. Plus all us exiles.

Although I do try and make every game I possibly can and will be there on Saturday, for the love of the club and the thrills and spills they continue to provide me with.

I'm facing a similar situation,I'm 28 in January,have been a regular since I was 14,however I always wanted to work in the railway,which I've done for 3 years.

Fortunatly my current job is mon-fri mornings only which has meant that I can attend each match home and away,with Hull being the only game so far I havent seen.

I'm hoping to move to a guard position in the new year which will mean shift work resulting in the inevitable saturday afternoon workings(Trains wont stop running so that I can go to football,they'll find better ways of screwing travellers).

The overall point is that at some stage in peoples life they have to create there own world which they are comfortable in(I for one don't want to still have to work when I reach 65) so City sometimes has to be sacrificed,it won't be easy as I feel with Gary in charge there is a connection between players - fans and management.

I will always hold a season ticket though so that I can attend every game possible when I don't have to work,however until Bristol City FC pays the bills,I'm faced with this prospect.

For me it's the walk into the stadium surrounded by other like minded souls, the banter in the pub, the expectation upon entering the stand, the roar of the crowd as the teams come out and the sheer elation when we slam the ball home, emotions up one minute, down the next,the complete package, but most of all the feeling of belonging to a special breed.

:Believe: :city: :Believe:

Archived