IGNORED

All Things Elliott (merged)

Guest zider_head

Of course Elliott is staying, it doesn't take a PHD to work that one out.

Just because some numpty in the drinking club thinks it's funny to play chinese whispers doesn't mean everyone has to believe it.

I don't know if it was the same numpty in BS3 before the game, but there was a fella telling his mates that it was all confirmed today . . . Elliott's gone and he's not in the squad. I hope he felt a bit foolish when Elliott appeared on the pitch as normal.

Obviously the rumour has been aired on here for a few days but it spread rapidly today at the match and eventually people start believing it, hence all the calls and texts to Radio Bristol. Sometimes rumours have a bit of substance to them. This one has none.

Was good to hear Elliott on the radio today saying how much he is enjoying it at City.

I don't know if it was the same numpty in BS3 before the game, but there was a fella telling his mates that it was all confirmed today . . . Elliott's gone and he's not in the squad. I hope he felt a bit foolish when Elliott appeared on the pitch as normal.

Obviously the rumour has been aired on here for a few days but it spread rapidly today at the match and eventually people start believing it, hence all the calls and texts to Radio Bristol. Sometimes rumours have a bit of substance to them. This one has none.

Was good to hear Elliott on the radio today saying how much he is enjoying it at City.

What a numpty !

Just an interesting sound bite from GJ on World and I assume its about Elliott - paraphrasing but he said why would the players want to leave for anyone else, you come here to play and finish the job off, now if it were Man Utd or Arsenal then he might want to go - I think GJ forgot to say they might want to go - not he might want to go - I know i'm reading stuff into it and also GJ was commenting on his mate Byfield got one too - so I think that the mental battle to keep "him" or should I say them has started

Just an interesting sound bite from GJ on World and I assume its about Elliott - paraphrasing but he said why would the players want to leave for anyone else, you come here to play and finish the job off, now if it were Man Utd or Arsenal then he might want to go - I think GJ forgot to say they might want to go - not he might want to go - I know i'm reading stuff into it and also GJ was commenting on his mate Byfield got one too - so I think that the mental battle to keep "him" or should I say them has started

I agree with you Geoff. Although the rumour of the Pompey bid might be less than true, it's no real shock that clubs are looking at him. He's the best player in a team that's joint top of the league.

If the right bid comes in (£3.5M plus) he's off. (Annoyingly) thats football. As Edson mentioned on the netcentre I propose hiding him away for the next month!

Also, I have nasty feeling it wont be Pompey but those buggers up the M4. They love nicking our players. :angry:

Please tell me it's not true , but rumours were abound yesterday that Marv is going to Portsmouth for some £3m !!!!!!

However it does point towards why we are invested £1/2 Million on a new attacking midfield player .

Has anyone else heard this potential new about Marv ?

I would have thought if the signing of Carle meant a player was off, it would be Johnson or Noble, not Marvin Elliot.

I would have thought if the signing of Carle meant a player was off, it would be Johnson or Noble, not Marvin Elliot.

LJ is out of contract in the summer, for the sake of his career I wonder if he realises he's best off moving away from his Dad as he'll always have a hard time here no matter what.

Will be a real shame if that happens.

Johnson is a very good player and a nice guy. As a playmaker in the Championship there will always be some mis placed passes, even Scholes and Fabergas do it.

I really feel sorry for the guy when he makes a small error and gets so much stick for it, where as other players rarely get pulled up for it.

LJ is out of contract in the summer, for the sake of his career I wonder if he realises he's best off moving away from his Dad as he'll always have a hard time here no matter what.

Like his Dad I think Lee is tough enough not to care what a few moronic fans* think.

Like his Dad he's also only 20 good performances off winning a promotion that would complete the entire set - Conference to Premiership. He's a winner and we need winners.

*Not you, obviously, Tom.

I agree with you Dan, I for one don't think Johnson Jr gives a toss what a minority of fans think.

He's playing decent football at the moment, and considering our position at the moment, you would have thought these so called fans would back Gary Johnson's judgment. The johnsons are made of strong stuff IMO

Don't know if it's already been discussed but heard on the 'wires' that Redknapp wants Elliott down at Fratton Pk, for his part Marv has said he's happy at Ashton Gate and hasn't asked for a move. I was wondering if anyone has any idea what kind of money was being spoken about for Elliot or will it be that if he does go it will be in exchange for a player + cash?

Don't know if it's already been discussed but heard on the 'wires' that Redknapp wants Elliott down at Fratton Pk, for his part Marv has said he's happy at Ashton Gate and hasn't asked for a move. I was wondering if anyone has any idea what kind of money was being spoken about for Elliot or will it be that if he does go it will be in exchange for a player + cash?

Anything from 2.5 to 3.5m has been mentioned on here and around the ground on Tuesday. I'm guessing there's a hefty sell on clause included for Millwall, so we have to bear that in mind when considering any offers that may come. GJ has stated that there have been no bids for any of his current regular 1st teamers, so who knows what will happen...

Archived