IGNORED

Brooker To Cheltenham

Mrdc

I disagree. If he can get back to the player he was I personally think he's made for the championship.... For the type of player he is, he's quite quick...... although he may not be so quick after all these injuries. Let's hope he is :fingerscrossed:

I know what you mean Riaz, on form Brooker is one hell of a player, I've just got this feeling after all these injuries he just won't be the same.

God I hope he proves me wrong. :pray:

When was the last time he played and completed a competitive match, not a reserve match - a long time ago.

27 of February....o_O

While we're playing 4-5-1 we can't keep four strikers in the team. The other 3 are part of a successful squad. I think it makes perfect sense to ship out Brooker temporarily.

I've never seen Brooker come back properly and ready. Maybe first team games are the only way to do it.

Maybe GJ has decided SB isn't up to it.

Maybe we're signing someone who plays Brooker's role but is better.

Maybe we shouldn't be so worried about a player who didn't play a major role in goign up, and hasn't had any impact on the great start we've had to the season.

so is there any chance of a permanent deal like Scott Brown last year?

If Brooker did come on loan to you then it would be just that - a loan period just to get him match fit.

Maybe the Gas are also after him on loan.They are short of strikers and he woudn't have to far to travel....

According to our local paper Brooker is close to completing a one month loan deal here. We are also chasing Jamie Mackie (Exeter), Stuart Fleetwood (Forest Green) for six figure fees so is there any chance of a permanent deal like Scott Brown last year?

If he gets fit and returns to match fitness & bangs the goals in then not a chance in hell!

Maybe one of the 20 teams is a Championship team. How would we feel about loaning him to a team in the same division?

I can't imagine that Johnson would sanction that! I doubt there are any Prem clubs interested so if he does go out on loan then it'll be to Div 1.

This is a good move for both parties. SB will achieve in the Championship and loaning him out with give him fitness and hopefully a couple of goals under his belt.

I would of thought GJ is possibly looking to see if SB can last a 90 minute physicall game as GJ don't want to gamble on him yet during our excellent run in the Championship :dunno:

He needs match fitness

So play him then? this really is a catch 22 situation, the only way he will genuinely gain fitness is by playing for Bristol City first team, we all know Brooker is a quality player and to ship him out on loan seem strange to me, especially when you consider we are struggling in the forwards dept. at the moment.

People are consently staying we need a new striker over looking the one we already have one at the club champing at the bit to play, we have Colchester on Saturday,second bottom of the league and low on confidence, throw Brooker in and see how he does!

I know this will not happen but not-he needs to play to get back in the groove.

He needs regular games, and he's not going to get that sat on our bench or playing the odd reserve game once a month!

The chance of going to Cheltenham and playing maybe half a dozen games would help bring him up to speed and give him the full match fitness he needs.

Besides, how can you possibly consider dropping one of Trundle, Byfield or Showunmi from the bench after the way they've all been playing lately? None have let us down, and that wouldn't send out the right signs to the rest of the squad to just drop one and bring back someone who's been out injured for so long.

Don't see it as dropping one of the names you've given , but quite rightly they've not let the side down . Brooker has always been part of the squad,even though injured , and the strikers know that . Sure they do not see it as a personal thing , but as the team effort overall that he will get back to playing and be part of the wider effort , when available , to help the final push . Like a new signing . :worship2:

So play him then? this really is a catch 22 situation, the only way he will genuinely gain fitness is by playing for Bristol City first team, we all know Brooker is a quality player and to ship him out on loan seem strange to me, especially when you consider we are struggling in the forwards dept. at the moment.

People are consently staying we need a new striker over looking the one we already have one at the club champing at the bit to play, we have Colchester on Saturday,second bottom of the league and low on confidence, throw Brooker in and see how he does!

I know this will not happen but not-he needs to play to get back in the groove.

Why wont he gain match fitness at Cheltenham? Johnson must think that Brooker can't offer more than what we have got at the moment. Afterall, he does see him train everday and knows the fitness/sharpness levels of the other strikers.

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/dis...tentPK=19472371

For god sake surely the bloke should be close to our subs bench.

I don't understand why you say its 'Johnson madness'. To me, it makes perfect sense to send someone on loan to become match fit, so you don't have to play a non match fit player (thus weakening your own side) in your own team.

I don't understand why you say its 'Johnson madness'. To me, it makes perfect sense to send someone on loan to become match fit, so you don't have to play a non match fit player (thus weakening your own side) in your own team.

Thought that was what reserve teams were for, Murray has hardly had a first team game in a long while yet still makes the bench. Brooker could do the same 15 / 20 mins at the end of a game, bit of power up front.

Hes already played reserve team games, need him to score for us not other teams :disapointed2se:

Thought that was what reserve teams were for, Murray has hardly had a first team game in a long while yet still makes the bench. Brooker could do the same 15 / 20 mins at the end of a game, bit of power up front.

Hes already played reserve team games, need him to score for us not other teams :disapointed2se:

The Reserves don't have a full programme of games.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/ReserveFixtures...1073521,00.html

Its also more than likely that scheduled reserve games could be quite easily postponed to save pitches if weather turns bad. Other alternative is to arrange "behind closed doors games". That then puts other players at risk and you have same problem with pitches.

Sending Brooker to Cheltenham makes sense to me. He is on record (Saturday's Evening Post) as saying that he owes the club (City) a massive debt. Who knows given a few run outs in Cheltenham's first team, with a few goals, it could be like us signing a new player.

And Murray looked totally un match fit to me! Reserve teams tend not to play at the same ferocity as 1st teams, their fixtures are irregular and Murray is'nt coming back from a long first team absence due to a succession of injuries involving a couple of operations.

i like the idea myself, i cant see what harm it can do. Obviously we don't need him getting injured again. but it should improve his recovery and speed up his return to first team. plus it will give GJ a chance to assess him without dropping Byfield or showunmi.

Surely trundle must be starting to worry, i personally like the guy, but without scoring that many goals, Brooker has a great chance to prove his worth. Good luck to him, hopefully we'll see what he can really do and if needs be we can always recall him.

p.s thanks to whistleblower for the donation (see fundraising post in "social city forum).... c'mon fellow fans, please follow his great example!

He would be just like a new signing....

I think there's nothing like a new signing and I expect a new signing if Brooker is going out on loan....

This is the only thing that makes sense.

Jevons leaving, Showumni out of contract at end of season and Byfield too, that leaves Trundle and Brooker still in contract.

I think that leaves Showumni and Byfield having to impress for the remainder of the season with Trundle Brooker and "new striker" ready to compete for the starting positions in the new season - if Brooker stayed and competed for places then that would mean 5 players - 2 maybe 1 position upfront to compete for, leaving few oppertunities to impress for Byfield and Showumni and in the meantime Brooker is surely at the back of the queue for chances anyway - so he might as well go out on loan.

If he does go on loan to Cheltenham I might have to go to a couple of their home games to see how he's getting on. I'm in Cheltenham quite a lot so wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

The Reserves don't have a full programme of games.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/ReserveFixtures...1073521,00.html

Its also more than likely that scheduled reserve games could be quite easily postponed to save pitches if weather turns bad. Other alternative is to arrange "behind closed doors games". That then puts other players at risk and you have same problem with pitches.

Sending Brooker to Cheltenham makes sense to me. He is on record (Saturday's Evening Post) as saying that he owes the club (City) a massive debt. Who knows given a few run outs in Cheltenham's first team, with a few goals, it could be like us signing a new player.

Hear what your saying, BUT players have been known not to come back from "loan" deals :noexpression:

Maybe one of the 20 teams is a Championship team. How would we feel about loaning him to a team in the same division?
If we loaned him to a lower Championship it could only benefit us by he will be getting his match fitness back, Learning the Championship and possibly scoring goals against our Rivals at the top.

Archived