IGNORED

New Policy In Dolman Stand

Barry

Thoe who stand at the sides and in the front to watch on the way out must be moved on...if only for safety sake....so good move by the club

Problem is....I certainly would not like to be a steward tomorrow trying to move the inconsiderate fans...

The abuse they get for just asking you to sit down is bad enough without telling people to leave when we are on the attack in the last minute !

Could end up like a big game of musical chairs.....everyone has to find a seat to sit in when we attack

See post 19 and then edit you post!

Why should he when he's right, even though you may not be obscuring someones view it could still cause others problems.

So what happens when other see you stood there,perhap they could do the same, next thing you have a crowd stood next to you, would that not cause a problem?

Is it too much for some people to consider other peoples right to watch the game with obstruction?

Do you stand up for the last few minutes in a cinema?

One person standing at that point doesn't block the exit. Five hundred standing there does, and actually prevents people who want to leave from doing so.

This idea won't work...I wouldn't be surprised if 'assertive' stewarding leads to confrontation and trouble.

Nor me - People will still leave the Upper Dolman at the same time -I've sat in Block F for years and it's almost as if someone throws a switch! They just all seem to get up as one and troop down to the front at exactly the same time.

Tomorrow when they find the yellow gates closed they will simply walk along and stop either at the front of block A or block G Upper Dolman - and try to watch the last few minutes from there (and of course blocking everyone's view) . As the numbers build up the stewards (no doubt under instructions to keep the exits clear) will be "extra assertive" !

However - People won't move, and if the stewards start to move people by force it will kick off.

All this will do is move the problem from pitchside to the dolman walkway.

Why don't the club think of an incentive to encourage peole to stay to the end?

My idea is: Why not get Dave Lloyd to do an immediate interview (over the PA) with Gary on the pitch as soon as he has shaken hands with everyone. I'm always interested to hear Gary's take on the game when it's broadcast on R.Bristol, so why do it for everyone to listen to as they start to leave after the final whistle - Gary doesn't go straight to the dressing room - he always walks around the pitch clapping all 4 stands but he could give his thanks over the mic plus his views on the game - maybe even get DL to interview some players as well, as they do on sky - but on the pitch.

CR

Edit: This way Gary could help solve the problem that seems to concern him so much at the moment!

My idea is: Why not get Dave Lloyd to do an immediate interview (over the PA) with Gary on the pitch as soon as he has shaken hands with everyone. I'm always interested to hear Gary's take on the game when it's broadcast on R.Bristol, so why do it for everyone to listen to as they start to leave after the final whistle - Gary doesn't go straight to the dressing room - he always walks around the pitch clapping all 4 stands but he could give his thanks over the mic plus his views on the game - maybe even get DL to interview some players as well, as they do on sky - but on the pitch.

CR

Edit: This way Gary could help solve the problem that seems to concern him so much at the moment!

That is a brilliant idea, someone suggesting something that might help rather than just moaning - good work

Nor me - People will still leave the Upper Dolman at the same time -I've sat in Block F for years and it's almost as if someone throws a switch! They just all seem to get up as one and troop down to the front at exactly the same time.

Tomorrow when they find the yellow gates closed they will simply walk along and stop either at the front of block A or block G Upper Dolman - and try to watch the last few minutes from there (and of course blocking everyone's view) . As the numbers build up the stewards (no doubt under instructions to keep the exits clear) will be "extra assertive" !

However - People won't move, and if the stewards start to move people by force it will kick off.

All this will do is move the problem from pitchside to the dolman walkway.

Why don't the club think of an incentive to encourage peole to stay to the end?

CR

a lot of people won't know of this and will carry on as they have for the past 5 10 20 30 40 years or so

i expect some trouble tomorrow.

i.e (guy leaves seat in Dolman) i've been doing this for 30 years so hop it young'un........then steward starts crowd trouble

Agreed.

Perhaps they might leave the lights out until 90 minutes too. At the moment, they switch the Dolman lights on at 85 minutes gone. The intelligentsia then think 'Ah lights are on, time to go'. :nono: Muppets :sofa:

Hear hear!! Never understood why they do this - unless it is a secret signal to those on pitch that 5 minutes to go??

Whilst I agree with this, it's all down to how the situation is managed by the stewards. In theory this is just an emphasis and re-wording of the rules already in place in light of the Taylor report...

An all seater stadium does not allow for supporters to stand up to watch the match. Therefore whilst you are watching the match you remain seated. If you do not wish to, then you should leave the ground. The principal is still the same whether you stand to view the match after 5 minutes or 85 minutes. The rules say that you're not allowed to, so if you intend to stay and watch, you do it from your seat. :dunno:

Effectively all the stewards have to do is their job and enforce football league ground regulations.

Oversimplifying it maybe, but essentially this is all it boils down to.

something I've always wondered since they installed the yellow gates - surely closing them at any time is blocking an exit and therefore against the law? - any ideas?

I have no idea but would not have thought so. There are still two exits of the Dolman Stand and in an emergency every gate is guarded by a steward who can open them

A little presumptuous with out actually knowing where I stand wouldn't you say?.

I wouldn't be so inconsiderate, I stand down in the corner of the Dolman/EE and block no one's view.

You block the exit. And unless you are the very seat by that exit then you walk past people still trying to see the game. I just think it's rude. Of course you have the right to leave if you want to but when you make that decision I wish people would just go.

Otherwise it's everyone trying to get ahead of the other and people's views are blocked.

You block the exit.

Ive put on a few pounds over Xmas but I'm really not that big!

And unless you are the very seat by that exit then you walk past people still trying to see the game. I just think it's rude.

So what if I need the toilet or want to buy a coffee during the match is that rude? It's not my fault we have all seater stadiums and I'm sorry mate but If people want to move around they should be able too.

Rude? Try over sensitive and mountain out of a mole hill!

Why should he when he's right, even though you may not be obscuring someones view it could still cause others problems.

How was he right? He accused me of blocking people's view and I don't so he was wrong.

Do you stand up for the last few minutes in a cinema?

Do you take a piss whilst hopping on one leg? I thought I'd ask as it's about as relevant as your question.

How was he right? He accused me of blocking people's view and I don't so he was wrong.

Indirectly you do, because the number of people who do the same thing as you cause congestion, meaning those coming down behind you do block people's view.

Because if other see you getting away with standing without exiting others will do the same, surely this will lead to congestion, resulting in the likelihood of obstructing someone Else's view.

Do you take a piss whilst hopping on one leg? I thought I'd ask as it's about as relevant as your question.

So you say it's irrelevant, when one goes to the cinema or football match what you are paying for is a view, a clear view to as what is happening in front of you, are you not?

Still as long as your alright, but please don't call me jack.

Sure a similar thing has been tried before, certainly with regard to closing the yellow gates until the end of the game (or 'as late as possible').

They'll still be loads of people trying to leave in injury time at the front of the upper Dolman and this will still block peoples views.

Can't see it working in practice I'm afraid. Possibly it might go some way to change people's attitudes on leaving early but I can't see it.

I'll still leave my seat in upper Block B Dolman on 90 minutes.

Same here, i always leave my seat in the upper part of Block B around half through the injury time so as i get to the bottom of the upper Dolman the ref is just about to blow for full time.

Ive put on a few pounds over Xmas but I'm really not that big!

So what if I need the toilet or want to buy a coffee during the match is that rude? It's not my fault we have all seater stadiums and I'm sorry mate but If people want to move around they should be able too.

Rude? Try over sensitive and mountain out of a mole hill!

haha. I'm not commenting on your size! :) Point is that collectively yes you do block people's view. When hundreds of people are getting out of their seats and walking across their row to the steps. And then walking down the steps and then across the front of the Dolman and then standing in the corner it blocks it all up. I think someone's put a good picture to show this.

My point about it being rude is this- I can accept that some people may need the loo and need to pop out from time to time. That's nature and we can't do much about that. But when, on top of this, you have to stand up half a dozen times in the last few minutes to let people out and then have your view blocked by others walking down the steps or along the pathways it gets damn annoying. When it's not for any other reason than so that you can jump them in getting out I think it's inconsiderate. Everyone wants to get out quickly- others wait.

Final point- this does not even affect me at all- I just think it's unfair on those who have paid the same amount as you have but want to watch the whole game without being disturbed all the time.

For those who haven't seen it it seems like the club making an active effort to try and stop fans leaving early and congregating in front of the Dolman.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1211584,00.html

Is this a good idea and will it work?

My solution, and I'm being serious, is for the club to invest in a couple of those flat escalator things like you get at large airports. One would be installed on each walkway, and switched on with 10 minutes to go. Anyone leaving their seat will be gently glided along to the exit and unceremoniously dumped out of the ground. Obviously all dogs and small children would have to be carried for safety reasons.

Had sad it is that so many think setting fan against fan is such a great idea - bound to lead to arguments and maybe even fisticuffs - not needed (and I rarely if ever leave early) and have no issue with those that do - we should all grow up

Same here, i always leave my seat in the upper part of Block B around half through the injury time so as i get to the bottom of the upper Dolman the ref is just about to blow for full time.

Ill get the ref to blow up early. That'll learn you!

Imagine the shame: still in your position cheering on the lads as the whistle goes!

You must be one of the people who blocks my view in Block B just about half way through injury time. However it's Ok because the ones who leave on 87 ,88, 89, 90 etc. minutes have already spoilt it by then! :dunno:

Archived