IGNORED

New Policy In Dolman Stand

Barry

I do agree that leaving early is unfair on the players and also the other fans if you block their view, however i don't think that people should be forced to stay to the end of a game as they may have some where to go or just beat the traffic or leave.

You are free to leave at any time, it isn't prison. What you're not allowed to do is go to leave, then spend the remainder of the match standing in the aisle watching the game.

In fact, those who genuinely need to get away early will also benefit, as the exits won't be blocked by people trying to watch the match.

Had sad it is that so many think setting fan against fan is such a great idea - bound to lead to arguments and maybe even fisticuffs - not needed (and I rarely if ever leave early) and have no issue with those that do - we should all grow up

So true!

But I doubt it will come to anything tomorrow for two reasons.

I)The people who partake on this forum only make up a tiny percentage of the actual people who attend every match so many will not be aware of all this fuss over nothing.

II)Many like to do there talking on the net but very few actually have the confidence to confront someone to their face, if they have any issue's I expect plenty of wineing and bitching on here after the game as per usual!

Indirectly you do, because the number of people who do the same thing as you cause congestion, meaning those coming down behind you do block people's view.

I can not be held responsible for the actions of other people. I don't leave my seat until the 90th minute and then walk straight to the corner of the Dolman/EE thus ensuring I'm not blocking anyone's view, where I stand there is always plenty of room around me and you if you actually look tomorrow you find the congestion is actually directly in front of the stand rather than in the corner.

Tomorrow I will have to take a leaf out the players book and fain an injury and walk very slowly towards the exit...

I can not be held responsible for the actions of other people. I don't leave my seat until the 90th minute and then walk straight to the corner of the Dolman/EE thus ensuring I'm not blocking anyone's view, where I stand there is always plenty of room around me and you if you actually look tomorrow you find the congestion is actually directly in front of the stand rather than in the corner.

Tomorrow I will have to take a leaf out the players book and fain an injury and walk very slowly towards the exit...

You point blank refuse to see the counter argument, so there's not much point discussing it any further.

If everyone had your attitude then it would be chaos. But clearly you rely on sufficient people to act responsibly so that you can act selfishly.

You point blank refuse to see the counter argument, so there's not much point discussing it any further.

Thats up to you.

If everyone had your attitude then it would be chaos. But clearly you rely on sufficient people to act responsibly so that you can act selfishly.

Nail on the head.

The key members of the self-righteous brigade strike again!

Guess it beat being the head of the I'll Do As I Bloody Well Like As I Couldn't Give Two Hoots About Anyone But Myself Brigade

How did you come to that conclusion?

If I didn't care about any one else I would just walk straight to the front of the Dolman and stand directly in front of the stand thus blocking people's view, but I don't.... I do give a hoot!

II)Many like to do there talking on the net but very few actually have the confidence to confront someone to their face, if they have any issue's I expect plenty of wineing and bitching on here after the game as per usual!

not always true! when that lad tried to hit bradley orr in front of the dolman, the lower

section of the dolman wanted to kick the living sunshine out of him as he was being taken out by stewards,

a few of those play on the internet, so it could get silly if not handled right.

How did you come to that conclusion?

If I didn't care about any one else I would just walk straight to the front of the Dolman and stand directly in front of the stand thus blocking people's view, but I don't.... I do give a hoot!

Because it's clear that as long as you get what you want ( to stand near an exit, see the game and not have to queue to get out of the stand) regardless that it is obvious that other will follow suit if they were to see you get away with it, hence it will more than likely cause congestion, if you want to go go, if you want to watch the game then do so from your seat.

What are you going to save by leaving a few minute early 10 -20 mins big deal, and if it's for a bus, train etc then why would you hang around and risk missing it.

It's not rocket science.

Why can't you lot in the Dolman be more like those in the Ateyo?! :whistle2:

I sit in the Atyeo and the one thing that drives me mad is people leaving their seats a couple of minutes before half time so that they can get to the front of the beer queue. Inconsiderate. Everybody knows that I am the thirstiest, yet they refuse to let me jump the queue. I blame the government.

not always true! when that lad tried to hit bradley orr in front of the dolman, the lower

section of the dolman wanted to kick the living sunshine out of him as he was being taken out by stewards,

a few of those play on the internet, so it could get silly if not handled right.

So now what, we're going to have people scared to leave there seats before the final whistle because they may get a shoeing if they just happen to walk past the wrong person! Madness.

If someone does leave their seat early tomorrow it's their business and the only people who should be approaching them to discuss the matter are employees of Bristol City football club, why would some one want to get into an argument let alone a phsyical fight over something so bloody petty, people have been leaving early and standing near the corners for as long as I can remember, suddenly GJ speak out and it the most important thing on the agenda!

I'm sorry but I find this whole thread rather silly and OTT.

I don't see this as 'fighting'.

Isn't this about supporting OUR club in the right way, and having some consideration for our fellow fans who have paid to WATCH our team play!

The club (GJ and SL) also seem to think it is an issue that affects the teams performance on the pitch.

Some of the vitriolic stuff posted in other threads "I will have a word - I will tell these part-timers to shift" etc etc - the holier than thou I am better than you cos I don't move till the final whistle - well, I support this team home and away people do leave early - supporting the club the right way does not mean slagging off other supporters who do what they feel is right - sorry I have been sat in the Dolman for 15 years now- it has always happened it is never a real issue - the club are using us as scapegoats and we are falling for it - Lord help all of those who "never leave" if some personal issue crops up and getting home 15 - 30 minutes quicker would be important - it's football

I confess that I have sometimes left early in my 30 plus years of supporting this team -I also follow the club all over the country and was a season ticket holder when I lived in Cornwall - don't have the audacity to tell me I don't know how to support this club the right way - thats what these threads are doing turning fan against fan - it is pathetic -

None so blind as them that do not see (quite apt given the topic)

Some of the vitriolic stuff posted in other threads "I will have a word - I will tell these part-timers to shift" etc etc - the holier than thou I am better than you cos I don't move till the final whistle - well, I support this team home and away people do leave early - supporting the club the right way does not mean slagging off other supporters who do what they feel is right - sorry I have been sat in the Dolman for 15 years now- it has always happened it is never a real issue - the club are using us as scapegoats and we are falling for it - Lord help all of those who "never leave" if some personal issue crops up and getting home 15 - 30 minutes quicker would be important - it's football

I confess that I have sometimes left early in my 30 plus years of supporting this team -I also follow the club all over the country and was a season ticket holder when I lived in Cornwall - don't have the audacity to tell me I don't know how to support this club the right way - thats what these threads are doing turning fan against fan - it is pathetic -

Nicely said.

So now what, we're going to have people scared to leave there seats before the final whistle because they may get a shoeing if they just happen to walk past the wrong person! Madness.

If someone does leave their seat early tomorrow it's their business and the only people who should be approaching them to discuss the matter are employees of Bristol City football club, why would some one want to get into an argument let alone a phsyical fight over something so bloody petty, people have been leaving early and standing near the corners for as long as I can remember, suddenly GJ speak out and it the most important thing on the agenda!

I'm sorry but I find this whole thread rather silly and OTT.

not what i'm saying.

you said people don't have the balls to confront someone and i used that as an example of they do

and if pushed around by stewards people could bite, it was an example of the stewards must use

some common sense in exercising this new rule as fans stand there out of habbit, i'm

not saying that if you leave early you'll get a kicking but people get peed off with stewards

over inforcing laws as it is, point is if people leave early then that is fine, people have their reasons

all that the club is saying if you leave your seat in thought of leaving then leave, if you leave your

seat in thought of standing at the bottom of the dolman then you will be moved on or asked to go

back to your seat, no problem there, but some could get pissy when asked to do it and that is where

problems could come.

Brilliant news, well done City.

I can't believe the people who leave early are moaning about it. I cannot see the sense in leaving early, but like they will be quick to point out "it's a free country". It is completly self centred to argue that it doesn't affect anyone else because it does. Yeah sure you may get down the front asap and stand out of the way but believe me it affects other people. Whether you have to make your (and subsequent rows behind) stand to let you out or not, the fact that you and others who que to get down the steps affects my view of the game. We all pay a lot for our tickets, and many moan that its not value for money, well its not if you can't enjoy the last 10 mins of a game because of other "fans".

What is the big rush to get out? To actually beat the traffic you have to leave a good 15/20 mins early. Gotta catch a bus? Well by the time you and 100 other people get crammed on it the bus ain't going anywhere fast. Why not hang on for 5 mins, clap the team off the pitch, disscus the game, listen to the results before walking to the exits without all the pushing and shoving. Or do you want to be first on radio bristol to tell dear Geoff how shit City were?

If this action by the club gets your back up then next season buy your season ticket in a place in the ground that lets you leave whenever you like with the minimum of fuss to fans who want to watch the full match. Hope it works but i fear that the people on here who are upset at this will make a special nuicance of themselves (perhaps by feining injury ???) so that they can come on here and say "told you it wouldn't work!"

Brilliant news, well done City.

I can't believe the people who leave early are moaning about it. I cannot see the sense in leaving early, but like they will be quick to point out "it's a free country". It is completly self centred to argue that it doesn't affect anyone else because it does. Yeah sure you may get down the front asap and stand out of the way but believe me it affects other people. Whether you have to make your (and subsequent rows behind) stand to let you out or not, the fact that you and others who que to get down the steps affects my view of the game. We all pay a lot for our tickets, and many moan that its not value for money, well its not if you can't enjoy the last 10 mins of a game because of other "fans".

Oh - its Ten Minutes now? What about those who leave for several visits to the loo - those that leave before half-time - those that come back after the second half has started - those that stand up for corners to get a better view - hang on - what you want is from the Ref's whsitle no-one is allowed to move until the whislte for half time - and if they are not back for the start of second half - kick them out?

What is the big rush to get out? To actually beat the traffic you have to leave a good 15/20 mins early. Gotta catch a bus? Well by the time you and 100 other people get crammed on it the bus ain't going anywhere fast. Why not hang on for 5 mins, clap the team off the pitch, disscus the game, listen to the results before walking to the exits without all the pushing and shoving. Or do you want to be first on radio bristol to tell dear Geoff how shit City were?

Wrong - I live about hour and half away - I have said before I don't leave early - but if I get cuaght in the late late crowd then one or two minutes can add 20 -30 minutes to my home time - and if my wife is working Saturday night that is a difference

If this action by the club gets your back up then next season buy your season ticket in a place in the ground that lets you leave whenever you like with the minimum of fuss to fans who want to watch the full match. Hope it works but i fear that the people on here who are upset at this will make a special nuicance of themselves (perhaps by feining injury ???) so that they can come on here and say "told you it wouldn't work!"

And you will rush out to buy a ticket tight in the middle of a block and right at the back and then I doubt no-one will ever block your view - 15000 supporters - I reckon we have 100 - 150 on here banging the drum the rest of us don't care but don't see why those who want to go early get victimised - maybe we should have a special block next season for those that want to stay right till the end and we can make sure no-one ever moves in that block and then we can return to normality

..When I was at school, we had to put a hand up if we needed to leave for any reason - & wait for Miss to excuse us :smartass:

..& when the bell went we had to all leave in an orderly fashion. :innocent06:

..Woe betide :bruce_h4h: anyone caught running or loitering in the corridor! :nono:

(& we had to mind our, erm, Pee's & Queues - tch, whats happened to manners? -theres just no discipline nowadays... :punish: )

....& it didnt do us any harm!

I just don't understand what the rush is all about in life generally, whats so urgent every week that five minutes is going to make so much difference to? (OK occasionally perhaps) ....

I bet for the most part they're the same people who honk their horns impatiently if they think the car in front is taking ten seconds too long to pull out into traffic. The same drivers who cant wait to overtake & dangerously tear past a stream of cars -only to be caught up again with at the next set of traffic lights... theyre mostly getting nowhere fast!..

Why? - you'll get there in the end just like everyone else, it's your day off, chill out & enjoy it, & if you have to be somewhere thats OK, all in good time.. it'll still be there when you get there.. :yawn:

But the topic isn't early leavers. They are free to do that.

The topic is people who get up early to leave but don't, and end up blocking the view of others and congesting the exits for those who have genuine reasons to need to get away early.

As an occasional lurker on this forum, this is my first post. Driven by the fact that you all seem to have completely missed the point.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of leaving early, the simply fact is that by staying to the end and supporting to the team you can be a positive influence.

Can any one actually argue against

a) that this is not true

and

b) that it is therefore good to stay and cheer the boys on to the end.

I think it is dissapointing to watch the Dolman empty out early from my vantage point in the Atyeo. I imagine the players feel the same. Gary Johnson certainly does.

How would you feel if your Mrs closed her eyes and went to sleep 5 minutes before you finished doing your business?

I understand and agree with people making points about blocking other's view. They have paid there money too and have a right to not having people walking infront of them.

But, forget all that.... Gary Johnson has asked for your support by staying in your seats and cheering the team on to 90 minutes and beyond.

Lets all do our bit and do that.

It may count for nothing. But who knows, it may count for something, even if only a point. But if the season ended today, that extra point would have seen us in the Prem.

Finally, if we do have something to celebrate at the end of the season, I assume you will all miss out on the party to go catch your bus, get a pint, go shopping, find somewhere warm, beat up the wife, etc etc etc

Up the City

Nick

My view is obstructed every home game after kick off in the first half because people are late getting into their seats.

What is the club going to do about that?

It cant be good morale for the team to kick off and not have everyone in their seats with their adoring attention.

Do any of you realise how pathetic this sounds?

People leaving 10 mins early are part timers, a disgrace, should be confronted, are going to whinge on the radio about how shit City are, must drop everything in their life to stay till the final whistle...

I honestly give up. I admit things get bitter on here towards players, but we pay our money so can air our opinions...

But this vile backlash towards our own fans, the faithful pitiful minority from this City who actually attend games week in week out - who the hell are any of you to tell others what they can and cant do?!

Jokers.

Quote: maybe we should have a special block next season for those that want to stay right till the end and we can make sure no-one ever moves in that block and then we can return to normality

I think the special block should be for early leavers. It's the minority that have to go early. Then the rest of us holier than thou types can enjoy the whole game, the late City goal(s), the rendition of Drink Up Thy Ziderand clapping the players and coaches as they go off.

Archived