IGNORED

Take A Bow Lads.

Henry

After the first goal, for 4 got on the ball and really made a difference.

Mcindoe and Sproule were fast, aggressive and determined to beat their man/men and get a ball across. McAllister gave a real captains performance and switched the play beautifully at times.

Special mention to Johnson, thought he really stuck 2 fingers up to his critics and sprayed the ball accross and was every where demanding the ball. I think Johnson is strong enough not to be forced out of the club by some idiots.

Well done lads.

Mcindoe and Sproule were fast, aggressive and determined to beat their man/men and get a ball across. McAllister gave a real captains performance and switched the play beautifully at times.

Special mention to Johnson, thought he really stuck 2 fingers up to his critics and sprayed the ball accross and was every where demanding the ball. I think Johnson is strong enough not to be forced out of the club by some idiots.

Well done lads.

I have to say that i thought Sproule done well on the left when he was there.

I have been a little disappointed in Sproule on the right as i feel his crossing on the whole is poor and he doesnt seem to make the burst forward at times when we are in possesion, instead jogging alongside Orr when Orr has the ball.

However put him on the left an he is a different player. An outstanding goal after cutting in on his right foot. He always looked to run and give their defence a hard time.

The only down side was him scoring 1 minutes after me saying how poor his crossing is and Edr and Sucidal Red then giving me crap the rest of the game.

I have to say that i thought Sproule done well on the left when he was there.

I have been a little disappointed in Sproule on the right as i feel his crossing on the whole is poor and he doesnt seem to make the burst forward at times when we are in possesion, instead jogging alongside Orr when Orr has the ball.

However put him on the left an he is a different player. An outstanding goal after cutting in on his right foot. He always looked to run and give their defence a hard time.

The only down side was him scoring 1 minutes after me saying how poor his crossing is and Edr and Sucidal Red then giving me crap the rest of the game.

I have to say that lately I've been quite impressed with Ivans balls into the box but we are desperately lacking in somebody to attack them.

Well done lads.

Can't agree about Johnson, 1st half was more involved, perhaps he had been told to sit deeper alongside Marvin, but in the second half he was a bit subdued for me.

My MOTM was Mcindoe, you could see we missed him in the last few games.

Hugely disappointed to see Trundle left on as long as he was, Byfield wasn't getting any service, but at least he was more direct. Trundle seemed sluggish and wanted too many touches, watching him lose the ball and not scrap for it back was a shame. Unless Noble has been training like a donkey, he would have been a better bet to go with Byfield for me

Enoch was ineffective.

we need a striker.

I watched Johnson closely, didnt put a foot wrong

He made one failed pass in the entire game (I watched that closely!) and it was in the 48th minute.

A chorus of groans and 'your F*cking useless' came from the Dolman stand.

2 minutes later Sproule had a pass intercepted and not a whisper :disapointed2se:

Can't agree about Johnson, 1st half was more involved, perhaps he had been told to sit deeper alongside Marvin, but in the second half he was a bit subdued for me.

My MOTM was Mcindoe, you could see we missed him in the last few games.

Hugely disappointed to see Trundle left on as long as he was, Byfield wasn't getting any service, but at least he was more direct. Trundle seemed sluggish and wanted too many touches, watching him lose the ball and not scrap for it back was a shame. Unless Noble has been training like a donkey, he would have been a better bet to go with Byfield for me

Enoch was ineffective.

we need a striker.

Sorry...but what the hell has Lee Johnson got to do to get some credit. Today was the best I've seen him play this season.

Well done lads.

Yup well played Jonno.

McAllister however was poor in a positional sense for many parts of the game, letting his man ghost past him. Solid overall though.

Well done lads.

Yep, spot on.

Must admit Vasko and Fontaine worry me, they looked at 6's and 7's at times today.

I have to say that lately I've been quite impressed with Ivans balls into the box but we are desperately lacking in somebody to attack them.

Yeah, maybe that is it.

He just seems to have a lot of his crosses blocked by the 1st defender, i don't know. maybe if someone attacked them it would looked different.

Lee Johnson was excellent today as was Sproule - best ive seen him play in a while. Work rate was excellent too.

Lisbie caused Fontaine and Vasko all sorts of problems, It seemed to me that the majority of the time vasko was left with Lisbie (Not sure if it was planned or just happened that way) when surely Fontaine would have been better suited to that job?

Take nothing away from Lisbie though....Just the type of player we could do with IMO.

I was really pleased with Sproule today; he did all of the things he's been threatening to do for weeks. Ivan has that kind of ability and he can really hurt full-backs at this level.

Today was the first time I've seen him produce the kind of display I know he's capable of. He almost looked like the complete winger today, and he deserved his goal.

Couldn't agree more. We looked lightweight up front today. We've it away with it in several games because of the excellent wing and midfield play. Probably could have pinched it today if one of the pens had been given.

Lee Johnson was excellent today as was Sproule - best ive seen him play in a while. Work rate was excellent too.

Lisbie caused Fontaine and Vasko all sorts of problems, It seemed to me that the majority of the time vasko was left with Lisbie (Not sure if it was planned or just happened that way) when surely Fontaine would have been better suited to that job?

Take nothing away from Lisbie though....Just the type of player we could do with IMO.

Agreed that Sproule had his best game for us today. I can remember mentioning on here before the start of the season about that we should sign Lisbie, whilst most on here were slating me for saying it. I knew he would do well in this division today proved he has that extra bit that we lack. To be honest wouldn't mind either of their front two in a city shirt

Yeah, maybe that is it.

He just seems to have a lot of his crosses blocked by the 1st defender, i don't know. maybe if someone attacked them it would looked different.

The most annoying thing was he put a really great low ball across the 6 yard box that Byfield would have usually been on the end of.. had he not been subbed 2 minutes earlier.

If I wanted a moan today, it was that Trundle should have come off for Enoch!

If I wanted a moan today, it was that Trundle should have come off for Enoch!

Agreed, and a good 10 minutes earlier too.

I can only guess that the reason he wasn't subbed was to try and preserve any confidence that he has? He looked woeful today, never looked like scoring and even his hold up play which has merited his place was patchy.

I thought LJ had a brilliant game. Maybe the arrival of Carle focused him, but I don't think so as he rarely goes missing in games, it's just today everything he tried worked.

Having McIndoe back showed how we missed him too and he brought out the best in Sproule often switching play across the pitch. If only we had someone to get on the end of some of those crosses but at least with Sproule scoring the midfield are adding goals too.

I think we missed Carey again and have done since he has been injured, hoping for his return again soon as Basso and all seem more assured with him there.

Agree with the poster that McIndoe, Sproule, Macallister and Johnson were our best players today.

A goal disallowed, hitting the bar and two good penalty shouts turned down - you could say we were a tad unlucky. Lisbie looked like the best forward on the pitch with very dangerous runs and could (probably should) have had two goals.

Yep, spot on.

Must admit Vasko and Fontaine worry me, they looked at 6's and 7's at times today.

I don't have a problem with EITHER player as long as CAREY is alongside them. Without Carey, we lack leadership at the back. The problem yesterday seemed to be a lack of communication between Vasko and Orr and the ball was being slipped into that channel between them both. To be fair to Orr there were times when he need to be where he was to cover his own man and as I said I think it was just lack of talking that was causing the problem. We did seem to shore it up a bit in the second half.

Agreed - Johnson,Sproule and McIndoe were all very impressive yesterday whilst the Vasko/Fontaine pairing at the back needs some attention.How Lisbie was given the freedom of AG is quite remarkable - cool finish though.

The problem all season has been the lack of a regular goal scorer.Johnson has 'rotated' the strikers more than any other department in an effort to find the right combination but without success.The bottom line is that Trundle with only three goals has been a disapointment and in my view is playing one league beyond his abilty whereas Byfield is average and nothing special.Big Enoch doesn't frighten enough defenders despite his size (how City could have done with signing Steve Howard) so the cupboard is pretty bare and Johnson short of striking options.

Thats something we all hope that Johnson is looking to rectify in this remaining window.

Agreed - Johnson,Sproule and McIndoe were all very impressive yesterday whilst the Vasko/Fontaine pairing at the back needs some attention.How Lisbie was given the freedom of AG is quite remarkable - cool finish though.

The problem all season has been the lack of a regular goal scorer.Johnson has 'rotated' the strikers more than any other department in an effort to find the right combination but without success.The bottom line is that Trundle with only three goals has been a disapointment and in my view is playing one league beyond his abilty whereas Byfield is average and nothing special.Big Enoch doesn't frighten enough defenders despite his size (how City could have done with signing Steve Howard) so the cupboard is pretty bare and Johnson short of striking options.

Thats something we all hope that Johnson is looking to rectify in this remaining window.

funny thing about that is alot of people moan about byfield, yet he is well on course to get 15 goals this season, which is VERY impressive, as for Enoch it's always tough for him to impose himself on a game for 15mins and he's much better from the start and has shown at times this season he is capable such as against Watford when he battered Shittu (one of the best defenders in this league) for most of the game, personally I thought he would have started yesterday as it was a ideal game for him.

Yep I agree, thats definitely the best I've seen Johnson play, he just tidied everything up and kept the moves flowing.

Also tremendous performance by Sproule, switching the wingers definitely paid off and almost did so again when McIndoe hit the bar.

Although he settled better 2nd half, I would have put McCombe on at half time for Vasko as we didnt look confident at the back at all.

Amazing, praise for Lee Johnson on this forum !

I'm afraid it's always been the case, that the crowd love a blood and thuder tackler, more than a creative player, and see them as the root of all evil in the side, for not getting "stuck in".

Marvin had his quietest game I've seen yesterday, coinciding with L.J's rise to prominence.

Let's hope they both hit the heights for the remaining games, as both are top dollar.

Well done lads.

Agree with all of that. Thought LJ had his best game in a City shirt yesterday and really showed us what he's capable of. If he could play like that consistently then I don't think anybody would have an issue with him.

The wingers were superb capped by Sproule's wonder goal. I liked them switching wings to mix things up and they looked at home on either flank. McIndoe's delivery was so consistent it really showed what a difference he brings to the team.

Sadly, Vasko was utterly abysmal yesterday and the movement of Platt/Lisbie, especially in the first half, was too much for him to deal with. Why Fontaine was marking the big man and Vasko the quick 'un for so long in the first half, I'll never know. A tactical change should've been made after 15 minutes or so IMHO. Orr also had a poor game.

He made one failed pass in the entire game (I watched that closely!) and it was in the 48th minute.

2 minutes later Sproule had a pass intercepted and not a whisper :disapointed2se:

Things have always been the same at ashton, i remember in the days of hewlett / tommy , when ever hewlett done anything wrong people wanted him beheaded and tarred and feathered but if tommy done the same thing it would be hard luck tommy don't worry next time mate

Was that the dink into the box he attempted? If so I didnt count that because to be fair the defender intercepted well and Byfield was eagerly waiting for it

Right what you say though, he did that and people around me moaned. I responded by saying very loudly unlucky Lee first thing youve done wrong

Archived