IGNORED

Derek Riordan (many, Many Merges!)

brad blit

"Bristol City are understood to have agreed a fee for our of favour Celtic striker, Derek Riordan, and the player is expected to sign in time to be available for Saturday's league game against Blackpool"

BTW I agree with the other post that says Murray should start on Saturday.

"Bristol City are understood to have agreed a fee for our of favour Celtic striker, Derek Riordan, and the player is expected to sign in time to be available for Saturday's league game against Blackpool"

Source, or do the speech marks mean you are talking to yourself??? :laugh:

Where did that come from?

Riodran is no doubt a qwuality player but having watched him a few times up here, and having looked at a few Celtic messagboards they often question his attitude and I for one would agree with that. He was outstanding at Hibs though, since then he has been used alot as a winger so whether he can rekindle his goalscoring touch of a couple of years back will be intresting. Obviously nothing is official yet and nothing has been in the press up here about it, I would prefer to get Zurawski the polish guy they have who is more of an out and out goal scorer, but Riodan should improve the team, if signed. I just hope nobody sees him the last time Isaw him...In a nightclub spewing his guts out!

Riodran is no doubt a qwuality player but having watched him a few times up here, and having looked at a few Celtic messagboards they often question his attitude and I for one would agree with that. He was outstanding at Hibs though, since then he has been used alot as a winger so whether he can rekindle his goalscoring touch of a couple of years back will be intresting. Obviously nothing is official yet and nothing has been in the press up here about it, I would prefer to get Zurawski the polish guy they have who is more of an out and out goal scorer, but Riodan should improve the team, if signed. I just hope nobody sees him the last time Isaw him...In a nightclub spewing his guts out!

Sounds like he'd blend in with the Premiership players should we go up :whistle2:

Also we are being linked to Garner and i just found this...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_3073101,00.html

"Notts Forest striker Scott Dobie has agreed terms on a two-and-a-half year deal to keep him at Brunton Park until the summer of 2010.

Dobie will be warmly welcomed back by Carlisle fans after spending five years with the club in his first spell.

He played a crucial role in keeping The Cumbrians in the Football League in 1999 when his header set up goalkeeper Jimmy Glass to score against Plymouth in the final game of the season.

The 29-year-old left Carlisle for West Brom in 2001 and went on to play for Millwall and then Forest.

The transfer back to Carlisle will be completed after he undergoes a medical on Wednesday afternoon."

So carlisle bringing in a new striker. Due to Garners departure????

Edit: sorry just noticed there is another thread saying this :surrender:

A story from the 20th August 2007?

yeh, a story that says he was a back-up plan as they lost out on jimmy F-H and then decided not to persue him. however I'm trusting GJ, if he thinks hes good enough thats good enough for me. hopefully he'll tuck a few away when we play leicester and show them what they missed

It would appear that Burnley are the only club (out of four or five) to have made a bid to sign Riordan permanently. £400k plus add ons. We are amongst four clubs therefore that have asked to take him on loan with "a view to a permanent transfer". Celtic clearly want shot of him and his boozy reputation and are reconsidering Burnleys bid which they previously rejected.

See the full story by clicking here

sorry if it has already been posted before but I really do not feel like reading the entire thread

Archived