IGNORED

Derek Riordan (many, Many Merges!)

brad blit

"Penalty kings Bristol Rovers have offered to share their spot-kick expertise with the country after dispatching Crystal Palace, Leyton Orient and Fulham in shoot-outs this season. (Daily Express) " - also on BBC today

not doubting your source but gossp is gossip and nothing more until officail sites say so...clubs wont tell BBC first theyll release a statement

GJ says in todays WDP that we will not be signing Riordan. Why not ?. Watching this guy scoring his goals for Hibs on You Tube, surely he is the sort of striker we are missing.

Can shoot with bothfeet, good in the air, prolific in the penalty area.

Burnley look favourites to sign in, why not try to beat them to it.

Thoughts.

If it's between us & Burnley then I look at it this way. Burnley is a lot closer to home than Bristol, if he's never been away before then that might appeal. Burnley have got a Scottish manager, that may well appeal too.

Or - maybe GJ doesn't rate him, and this has all been a big smoke screen and we're looking at someone else up there. Porter at Motherwell makes sense as we were linked with him last year.

Maybe we're not after a striker at all!

In GJ we trust, he's taking his time and I'm sure that whoever it is we're after will be the right man. If you read the posts from people 'in the know' they've been saying for a while that maybe Riordan wasn't who we were after. A mate sent me a mail in the week, through a friend who knows a few people, he said we weren't after Riordan - and maybe the Lita deal wasn't dead yet either. 6 days to go and counting...........

GJ says in todays WDP that we will not be signing Riordan. Why not ?. Watching this guy scoring his goals for Hibs on You Tube, surely he is the sort of striker we are missing.

Can shoot with bothfeet, good in the air, prolific in the penalty area.

Burnley look favourites to sign in, why not try to beat them to it.

Thoughts.

I suspect with his alleged off-field reputation he may not pass the GJ character test.

Archived