IGNORED

Enoch To Leeds? Bye Bye And Thanks! (merged)

ciderup

Didn't cut the mustard at this level after a good crack of the whip so was always going to be surplus to requirements in January. Good luck to him. League One's his level.

With him and Jevons gone we need at least one striker coming in now as Byfield and Trundle are all we've got. :(

Absolute imperative in my opinion we go out and get a striker

Regardless of what people may think of enoch's contribution, it is one less striker

We have now let two strikers leave and only have yet to prove himself Trundle, apparent super sub Byfield, long term injury comeback Brooker and....and.....3 midfielders in murray, carle and noble who at a push could play up front

We were told that being in the position we are, we must go for it......so, lets see some action!

"Who's that disappearing over the hill".....

A bit sad to see him go to be honest. Clearly struggled at this level, but seemed like a nice bloke, and hope he does well.

MUST be a signing now. Big Enoch was one of those I'd have held onto if we weren't going to sign anyone.

Good luck Enoch!!

I am a bit surprised we are selling our 'surplus' to Leeds though, I suppose I find it hard to think of them being lower than us and can't believe Enoch's standard is what they are hoping for?!!!

Must surely mean a signing now, unless GJ is planning on playing 4-4-1-1 with Carle/Noble behind Trundle/Byfield, which seems unlikely. Theres no way we would have had to accept this offer, which suggests GJ knows Enoch won't be getting first team football for much longer. Good luck to the big man anyway, a big part of last years success and seemingly a nice bloke.

A bit sad to see him go to be honest. Clearly struggled at this level, but seemed like a nice bloke, and hope he does well.

MUST be a signing now. Big Enoch was one of those I'd have held onto if we weren't going to sign anyone.

You've got to wonder if there are two new strikers lined up with Enoch now following Jevons out of the club.

We now need a speedy goalscorer plus 'a big man who can mix it', something GJ likes to have in his armoury. They rarely come in the same package.

Everything points to news coming out of the club in the next 24 hours or so that will at least rival the magnitude of the Trundle signing.

Best of luck to Enoch. :clap:

From the os;

"Following an approach from Leeds United, City can confirm they have given permission for the League One club to talk to Enoch Showunmi about a permanent transfer."

You get the feeling whoever wrote that enjoyed calling Leeds "the league one club"!

Archived