IGNORED

Enoch To Leeds? Bye Bye And Thanks! (merged)

ciderup

Just posted this on transfer rumors (Derek Riordan)

We are also being linked to Garner and i just found this...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_3073101,00.html

"Notts Forest striker Scott Dobie has agreed terms on a two-and-a-half year deal to keep him at Brunton Park until the summer of 2010.

Dobie will be warmly welcomed back by Carlisle fans after spending five years with the club in his first spell.

He played a crucial role in keeping The Cumbrians in the Football League in 1999 when his header set up goalkeeper Jimmy Glass to score against Plymouth in the final game of the season.

The 29-year-old left Carlisle for West Brom in 2001 and went on to play for Millwall and then Forest.

The transfer back to Carlisle will be completed after he undergoes a medical on Wednesday afternoon."

So carlisle bringing in a new striker. Due to Garners departure????

Edit: sorry there is already a thread on transfer rimors for this...

Good luck Enoch and thanks for the memories. Scoring at Carlisle last season was one of my favourites and at Crewe for that matter, some vital, vital goals...

Strikes me he's mentally not quite there. Needs to get really fired up to perform.

Still he's already won 3 promotions in his young career and you wouldn't bet against it being 4 come May...

Guest zider_head

Cheers Mr Enoch Sesan Showunmi

Thanks for all your efforts

You and Bas are fine examples of good pros shame some people don't share the same work ethics

I think that essentially what this shows is that Gary Johnson never saw Enoch as much more than a squad player. And to be fair, Enoch never proved enough to be considered a first name on the team sheet, either. He provided useful back up to the first two strikers, and gave us strength in depth and variety. But a Premier League player he probably isn't.

As for replacements, we do have someone who can lead the line and scores goals with his head and feet, and who is likely to be a couple of games away from being ready for playing for us. Steve Brooker IS the ideal replacement. What GJ is probably hoping is that his loan spell will go well and he'll be back within about two to three weeks, all ready to play for us.

We also have someone that GJ admitted he saw as an attackin midfielder/striker when he brought them in - Nick carle. Perhaps he is planning to use him further forward in the next couple of matches. That gives us three strikers.

I also remember GJ said something during the summer about Tristan Plummer - he promised him a game at some point this season. Perhaps he's looking to use him as a fourth choice. Someone to warm the bench, if needed. We do need four strikers, though, and at least we have got four out and out strikers at the club.

To be honest, I'm not that convinced we will sign anyone before the window closes. We've been turned down for Lita on loan, according to Reading (which would have been a good bit of business).

Anyway, got a week left. Not long. Guess we'll find out soon enough...

I don't think Leeds or their fans have the class to appreciate you.

Sorry to see u go Enoch ( love that name parents must have a sense of humour ),

However with regards to the above statement ( ole ).

Leeds United are some of the most passionate fans in the country they always support their team and players, just look at there attendence even after all the crap theyv'e been through.

Most weekends they have a higher attendence than most prem clubs , check it for yourselves.

I've been to Elland road many a time with my mate and he's been to Ashton gate with me.

his club of interest is BCFC because I'm his mate , mine is Leeds for the same reason.

believe me Leeds and their fans definately have the class to appreciate him.

15 points deducted and still up there, And if Leeds hadent had them points deducted they would be top by a mile.

Cheers Enoch thanks for the memories

I think that essentially what this shows is that Gary Johnson never saw Enoch as much more than a squad player. And to be fair, Enoch never proved enough to be considered a first name on the team sheet, either. He provided useful back up to the first two strikers, and gave us strength in depth and variety. But a Premier League player he probably isn't.

That's an understatement! I like Enoch as a person, but he didn't convince me that he had what it takes to be a success at Championship level, let alone the Premiership. If he proves me wrong in due course.......well, good luck to him.

If it goes ahead then good luck to you Enoch. You and the rest of the promotion squad will always be remembered by me and welcomed back to the Gate (or the blackthorn bowl(?) for that matter!

I'll always remember the oldham commentator on the promotion dvd in his best George Formby impression say "the man they call the Showman!"

Good luck mate!

Didn't cut the mustard at this level after a good crack of the whip so was always going to be surplus to requirements in January. Good luck to him. League One's his level.

With him and Jevons gone we need at least one striker coming in now as Byfield and Trundle are all we've got. :(

Trundle and Byfield will now be able to play without any pressure though,might be a good thing if they know that they can relax and play without fear of being left out next week

It's just a shame that I will remember him for his last game for us against Palace where he was shite. I'm going to miss him though, A true professional but just lacks the ability.

I don't think Leeds or their fans have the class to appreciate you.

Sorry to see u go Enoch ( love that name parents must have a sense of humour ),

However with regards to the above statement ( ole ).

Leeds United are some of the most passionate fans in the country they always support their team and players, just look at there attendence even after all the crap theyv'e been through.

Most weekends they have a higher attendence than most prem clubs , check it for yourselves.

It's irrelevant how many fans they have, to qualify my statement about class, you just need to read the Leeds United forum thread linked at the start of this one, the majority have already decided a player with a key role in successive promotions out of League One is beneath their 'great' club in spite of their aims to do the same this season. Most have never heard of him.

That lacks a lot of class, I know football is all about opinions but most of this lot are still stuck in the days when they were a top Premiership club and everything was beneath them. Enoch may have limitations but he's a cracking player at that level that gives his all. What were they hoping for, Michael Bridges for 9 million or something? They need to get over themselves.

In the past year they've gone down acting aggrieved at the 'insult' of having to have players of average Championship standard at best (I wonder why their captain walked out before the end) and this season acted hard done by at being penalised for writing off massive debts incurred in their Premiership jolly, as if Leeds are again above it all (Rotherham, Luton, Wrexham etc)

Do you remember the Rotherham fans last season, ten points off them and appreciated their lot even on the last day at Ashton Gate. It's somehow 'unfair' on Leeds however and right now they aren't even close to securing a promotion out of that division and are already turning their nose up at players like Showunmi as if they should still be entitled to eat at the top table.

They could have 60,000 fans at home games for all I care, they still lack class in my opinion.

It's irrelevant how many fans they have, to qualify my statement about class, you just need to read the Leeds United forum thread linked at the start of this one, the majority have already decided a player with a key role in successive promotions out of League One is beneath their 'great' club in spite of their aims to do the same this season. Most have never heard of him.

That lacks a lot of class, I know football is all about opinions but most of this lot are still stuck in the days when they were a top Premiership club and everything was beneath them. Enoch may have limitations but he's a cracking player at that level that gives his all. What were they hoping for, Michael Bridges for 9 million or something? They need to get over themselves.

Priceless isn't it. A day of outcry from fans of a club clearly stuck in the past and then the wake up call of realising this is the quality of player now turning them down :)

Archived