IGNORED

Enoch To Leeds? Bye Bye And Thanks! (merged)

ciderup

Best of luck to a real 110%er who has scored some massive goals for us, particularly last season. Everyone has mentioned Crewe and Carlisle away but his winner on the opening day against S****horpe is the one that sticks in my head - a great finish against what turned out to be the best team in the League.

I actually don't think he's done badly in recent weeks either so selling him SURELY means we have someone else lined up. The pressure will really be on him at a club the size of Leeds and there's a fair chance we'll be seeing him back at the Gate next season.

Good luck Big Man! :clapping:

To say enoch didnt cut it in this division is a bit unfair as he didnt get a decent run in the side. He scored twice in one game recently and was dropped a couple of games later, not exactly going to get going when being in and out all the time - although the same does apply to byfield too...

anyways good luck enoch

Suprised this thread hasnt been moved to 'transfer talk' by the mods

Give us time!!!

I see it more as 'breaking news' than rumour at the moment.

Believe it or not I don't move and merge for the sake of it, I wouldn't want anyone to miss any real news. :comando:

Funny how on Saturday Johnson deemed Enoch the best man for the job over Trundle & Byfield and only 4 days later he's out on his ear to a lower league club!

Thanks - you've captured exactly how I felt about this news too. Saved me writing the same point - and I don't get it either....

The short answer I presume is that Enoch has demonstrated that he could contribute more to the team at this level than Trundle, so would have been a better choice last Saturday, even if it turned out he had very little service and didn't do much in the end.

Nonetheless that was not a fitting example of his time here and the decision makes very little sense. Enoch has done more for this club in BOTH divisions than Trundle ever has. He was better than Jevons last season and is more of a team player than Trundle this year.

That's not to say he was the ideal player for a team at the top of the Championship, we are pushing him beyond his limits and yes he is a better fit for League One but then so is bloody Trundle and if you're keeping one, keep the one who was the right choice last Saturday.

I'm surprised and disappointed. It was the right thing to do moving Jevons on, but it's not the right thing to do moving Enoch from our first team to Leeds bloody United. It is also wrong simply because it demonstrates a judgement that says Trundle is the one worth keeping.

Thanks - you've captured exactly how I felt about this news too. Saved me writing the same point - and I don't get it either....

The short answer I presume is that Enoch has demonstrated that he could contribute more to the team at this level than Trundle, so would have been a better choice last Saturday, even if it turned out he had very little service and didn't do much in the end.

Nonetheless that was not a fitting example of his time here and the decision makes very little sense. Enoch has done more for this club in BOTH divisions than Trundle ever has. He was better than Jevons last season and is more of a team player than Trundle this year.

That's not to say he was the ideal player for a team at the top of the Championship, we are pushing him beyond his limits and yes he is a better fit for League One but then so is bloody Trundle and if you're keeping one, keep the one who was the right choice last Saturday.

I'm surprised and disappointed. It was the right thing to do moving Jevons on, but it's not the right thing to do moving Enoch from our first team to Leeds bloody United. It is also wrong simply because it demonstrates a judgement that says Trundle is the one worth keeping.

It just shows to me that no-one has made any offers for Trundle.

After all isn't Enoch out of contract in the summer?

I can't believe the news personally.

He has been one of our most effective players this season, hes scored a memorable goal against 'the giants' of this league and other important goals.

I believe he was one of the key components in which the 4-5-1 formation has worked so well for us this season. In those tough away games he always seemed to hold the ball up well and knock in a goal when it matters.

I trust GJ and hope he has made the right decision, but at the moment I see this as a big mistake.

As much as we all love GJ - its shows me that Trundle is at best a £1,000,000 misfit at the moment and Gary simply would not sell him as he wants to prove the doubters wrong.

I like Trundle - I just think he is struggling and desperately needs a goal - Enoch on the other hand was showing desire and scoring some important goals......arguments for and against I guess...

It just shows to me that no-one has made any offers for Trundle.

Fair point. Actually great point. I guess this season hasn't been a very good advertisement for Trundle. After all who is going to pay any serious money to take him off our hands having seen him flounder about the place at this level. We're really lumbered with him.

Best hope would be for a keep the deposit and have him back type deal with Swansea the same as Reading did with us for Murray, but I can't help but think Swansea will have watched this season and decided they made a cracking decision. Especially if they go up.

Which altogether makes it even sadder that we're making Enoch up sticks and end his contribution to our club simply because we haven't a hope of shifting Trundle. Everyone knows it yet it's hard to admit, but we haven't had a player as out of their depth as Trundle for years.

Well done Enoch for never letting anyone down in both divisions, sorry you turned out more expendable than others who were of less use to us and more deserving of a transfer out of here. And as an aside, I don't think Leeds or their fans have the class to appreciate you.

Well, it's all about opinions.

Mine is that Enoch is barely up to League 1 standard due to his inconsistency and his games for us this season has only confirmed that as far as I can see. I said last week that I'm amazed he is still in the first team set up and shouldn't get his contract renewed at the end of the season regardless of which division we are in. He had his chance to stake his claim - lots of chances in fact, but he just wasn't able to take them.

It's a great move for him and gives him a new contract period and, with one less on the wage bill, enables BCFC to make a move for an effective striker so it's a good move all round.

I don't see this as a Trundle or Jevons v Enoch issue at all as they are completely different players and, if Brooker was available I don't think Enoch would have got a game but Trundle and Jevons would have done.

Having said that, he is without doubt a decent bloke who gives his best, had a lot of time for supporters and I wish him all the best of luck with his new club - even if it is Leeds.

I pretty much agree with you cynic.

Personally I think Trundle has played better than Enoch this season and will contribute much more at this level but it's always going to be subjective.

I'd add that even if GJ wanted to he couldn't shift Trundle due to his age and wages.

Firstly good luck to Enoch in joining the biggest club at the level he is very much at home at - a good move for him.

I've thought that selecting Enoch was like a bad habit for GJ this season; in his heart he knew it was the wrong one but he couldn't help selecting the big guy when the others were falling short of expectations. But a game like Palace reminds him why he has dropped Enoch so often in the past. He is big and quick but can go 90 minutes without troubling a defender.

My guess as to why it is Enoch on the way out is that we have seen all there is to see, and he is not up to the standard. With Trundle his confidence in front of goal is probably at it's lowest in his career and the only thing that is going to change that is a goal or two. I don't think GJ is ready to give up on the goals coming just yet.

Leaves us a bit 'small' though IMHO. I would love to see Riordan at AG but don't we need a big lump too? We can't guarantee Brooker will stay fit and Enoch was the only 1 of his type at the club.

but he couldn't jump or head the ball! for a big bloke never really put himself about.

Guest ashtonyate

If we got a fee we done well always thought he never grasped what he was doing when playing up front, let just we get a quality player in to push us into the prem

No it doesn't - it says Enoch was the only one a club came in for or even Enoch's agent is the only one who can generate a move for his client

Archived