IGNORED

A Perspective On The Forum - Boring I Know

Red to the world

Why does AY get pilloried whenever he posts ?

75% of the replies he gets say he is not worth replying to - so why do they.

On his own admission he is word blind so his grammar is faulty but that doesn't lessen the value of his opinion.

Let us be honest we all read a post - but we don't know if the poster is young, old or middle aged.

We don't know if they are male or female.

We don't know if they are black, brown or white.

We don't know what sort of job they hold down.

We don't know if they are well educated or illiterate.

We don't know how many matches they watch - whatever they may post.

We don't know their level of football expertize - whether they have played at top level, never or anywhere in between.

We just read their post - if we choose to and consider their opinion.

Many think ( now ) that Trundle was an expensive error and that we need ( if remotely possible ) a top quality striker ( however you may define that ).

That is basically what AY is saying and you should not descend to personal insults because you do not agree - at the end of the day many supporters do agree with him.

This is a forum and the best ( IMO ) posters do not insult others.

If you can't be civil or press the ignore button, then do the other thing.

End of.

You would think that people would have learned by now that when AY starts a thread, and you don't agree with what he says, trying to debate the point might be a waste of time. I can only assume that new or infrequent forum users don't know this, which is why he is still able to create four or five page threads out of nothing.

Well, in my opinion, some posters cannot be ignored because they seem to be hell-bent on spreading negative poison about the club. This may only be a forum, but some gullible people might be taken by AY's poison and from small acorns grow very large oak trees.

With regards to insults, they're not as harmful as insidious negativity. Personally, I believe there are at least two sags masquerading at city fans on here and they're trying their best to upset our applecart.

if people want to post nonsense - a la "being second cuts no ice with me" - then whoever they are they should expect to be rediculed.

I take your point entirely but let's put it another way.

" I am very impressed with being second at this point in time and compliment the management and the players on their fantastic achievement. However, I will be just a little disappointed if we end the season outside the top six due to the lack of BCFC aquiring a striker when we obviously needed one in everybody's view. Nonetheless I will still consider it a very sucessful season. "

Would you accept that statement - says the same thing but perhaps in more elaborate English.

if people want to post nonsense - a la "being second cuts no ice with me" - then whoever they are they should expect to be rediculed.

Nonsense is subjective, so this boils down to "it's ok to ridicule people you disagree with" doesn't it?

I don't see why that should be the case, that sort of abuse is usually lacking in wit and not very interesting to read. It discourages the very debate that forums are supposed to be for.

AY is obviously making his posts more controversial to deliberately antagonise the people who respond with abuse but his core point - that Adebola wouldn't be a great signing - is one that surely isn't that hard to understand?

in which case, everyone on his is a terrible poster because over the years I think 99% of people have losely insulted him....because quite simply everyone knows the type of "comments" made by that person, when you spend 4years posting complete and utter rubbish

your going to get slated.

Nonsense is subjective, so this boils down to "it's ok to ridicule people you disagree with" doesn't it?

I don't see why that should be the case, that sort of abuse is usually lacking in wit and not very interesting to read. It discourages the very debate that forums are supposed to be for.

AY is obviously making his posts more controversial to deliberately antagonise the people who respond with abuse but his core point - that Adebola wouldn't be a great signing - is one that surely isn't that hard to understand?

Please show me where there is any abuse in the above.

Given the objective of the competition is to finish in the top two how can being in the top two cut no ice- subjective or not its nonsense surely isn't that hard to understand.

Suggest the core point could be made in a more sensible manner thereby avoiding accusations of talking nonsense.

Finally if Adebola is the signing that GJ believes will best assist us in the remaining games of the season then I for one am more than happy to back his judgement over AY's are you?

I take your point entirely but let's put it another way.

" I am very impressed with being second at this point in time and compliment the management and the players on their fantastic achievement. However, I will be just a little disappointed if we end the season outside the top six due to the lack of BCFC aquiring a striker when we obviously needed one in everybody's view. Nonetheless I will still consider it a very sucessful season. "

Would you accept that statement - says the same thing but perhaps in more elaborate English.

That would be a more reasonable view - key persons view is GJ though not anyone on the forum or elsewhere and lets remember who it is who has guided the team to where we are.

Please show me where there is any abuse in the above.

Given the objective of the competition is to finish in the top two how can being in the top two cut no ice- subjective or not its nonsense surely isn't that hard to understand.

Suggest the core point could be made in a more sensible manner thereby avoiding accusations of talking nonsense.

If you read the thread I'm talking about it's full of abuse.

Of course the point could be made more sensibly but there are plenty of examples of reasonable points being made and responded to with abuse on the forum now sadly.

The question isn't whether he's posting nonsense, it's that even accepting that is the case, why is it ok to respond to it with abuse? Seems pointless and useless to me.

Finally if Adebola is the signing that GJ believes will best assist us in the remaining games of the season then I for one am more than happy to back his judgement over AY's are you?

Gary Johnson's been a great manager for us so far but his signings up front are far from impressive with only Byfield really looking the part IMO. I don't think Adebola adds anything we need and can't get from Brooker and we have a far greater need up front which is for a goalscorer.

The question isn't whether he's posting nonsense, it's that even accepting that is the case, why is it ok to respond to it with abuse? Seems pointless and useless to me.

Agree no need for abuse

Gary Johnson's been a great manager for us so far but his signings up front are far from impressive with only Byfield really looking the part IMO. Sproule McIndoe??

I don't think Adebola adds anything we need and can't get from Brooker and we have a far greater need up front which is for a goalscorer.

lets see what GJ decides second guessing the most successful manager we have had in a quarter of a century seems pointless and useless to me

Sproule and Mcindoe are wingers, I don't consider them to be up front - though actually we did try Sproule up front and that didn't work. They're both good signings though.

Second guessing the manager is pretty much the raison d'etre for any discussion about football. All you've got otherwise is one very long thread saying "I love Bristol City".

You're funny.

But not in a nice James Stewart way more of a Ray Milland or possibly Herbert Lom way.

Why thankyou.

Just so long as it's not in an Ashtonyate or possibly Roger Malone way I can live with that.

Wouldn't you agree that making trivial chitchat amongst ourselves is more rewarding than trying to be right about stuff none of us have any influence over?

Sproule and Mcindoe are wingers, I don't consider them to be up front - though actually we did try Sproule up front and that didn't work. They're both good signings though.

Second guessing the manager is pretty much the raison d'etre for any discussion about football. All you've got otherwise is one very long thread saying "I love Bristol City".

I don't think anyone is saying we have to operate within a consensus all the time. But most of us well aware of our limitations in the football world. Most of us have watched or played football at some point, but we acknowledge that we are outsiders to the industry (at least the vast majority are). We can all make suggestion or comments about certain players, but most of us do this whilst deferring to Gary Johnson's qualified judgment.

Personally, what I find irritating is posters, posting things like "Johnson has to do this" "Why hasn't Johnson done that" "If Johnson doesn't do this..." "if we don't do this..." ad infinitum. It may be a simple case of expression, but quite frankly there are a few on here who simply think they are the dog's b***ocks when it comes to football.

When did this forum stop being a forum and become the holy bible of football? I think somtimes, some of us take ourselves a little too seriously.

When i signed up my otib account i didnt recall any clause that forbode me from chatting bolox and making 5h1t up, i expect others noticed this too.

Nevertheless, there are many reliable posters on here, and if you read this forum long enough you can usually decypher who.

Why thankyou.

Just so long as it's not in an Ashtonyate or possibly Roger Malone way I can live with that.

Wouldn't you agree that making trivial chitchat amongst ourselves is more rewarding than trying to be right about stuff none of us have any influence over?

What is everyones problem with AY, sure his posts are extreme but still thought provoking if you don't like his posts then don't read them, i find some things he sends in far more interesting/entertaining than most happy/clappy nonsense on here

What is everyones problem with AY, sure his posts are extreme but still thought provoking if you don't like his posts then don't read them, i find some things he sends in far more interesting/entertaining than most happy/clappy nonsense on here

Problem with AY is his manner. I personally don't care, find it funny.

Now after 4 years (or however long it is) of receiving abuse maybe a re-think on his part be a good idea?

You ain't going to change other people.

On his own admission he is word blind so his grammar is faulty but that doesn't lessen the value of his opinion.

Let us be honest we all read a post - but we don't know if the poster is young, old or middle aged.

We don't know their level of football expertize - whether they have played at top level, never or anywhere in between.

Many think ( now ) that Trundle was an expensive error and that we need ( if remotely possible ) a top quality striker ( however you may define that ).

That is basically what AY is saying and you should not descend to personal insults because you do not agree - at the end of the day many supporters do agree with him.

End of.

Has the poster in question ever posted anything positive about the fans, club and team or something complimetary about the manager?

For the record i do not know the answer.

Guest ashtonyate
Problem with AY is his manner. I personally don't care, find it funny.

Now after 4 years (or however long it is) of receiving abuse maybe a re-think on his part be a good idea?

You ain't going to change other people.

The truth is as soon as my name is on the post people have a go at what I have written other say the same on here and not a Dicky bird is said it goes back to the Academy debates.

To put right my (cut no ice thing) what i ment was just because we are second does not mean we don't need some one up front.

Because the standard reply seems to be when you raise a point is we are second and that's all that you should judge our performances on which is rubbish

i understand what you are saying and thats your opinion but i think the bloke is a Total prat who posts just to be controversal i have never known anyone to be so negative about a team he is supposed to support , i will back and defend my team as much as i can ,just so glad he doesnt sit next to me at the gate think i would have been banned for life by now, make what you want of that , C,MON YOU REDS

End of.

The truth is as soon as my name is on the post people have a go at what I have written other say the same on here and not a Dicky bird is said it goes back to the Academy debates.

Ashtonyate, it was me and you against the world with regard to the academy debate. The club was putting far too much management time and resources into that academy. Now that the club has put much more emphasis on a decent scouting network and buying in decent players we're doing much better with league position. Though, unlike you, I still think our existing strikeforce will come good given time. There are not many realistically priced strikers out there - i.e. under £1 million - better than what we already have and that's the problem the club now faces in the transfer market.

Guest ashtonyate
Ashtonyate, it was me and you against the world with regard to the academy debate. The club was putting far too much management time and resources into that academy. Now that the club has put much more emphasis on a decent scouting network and buying in decent players we're doing much better with league position. Though, unlike you, I still think our existing strikeforce will come good given time. There are not many realistically priced strikers out there - i.e. under £1 million - better than what we already have and that's the problem the club now faces in the transfer market.

But that was said in the Summer as well, there was no player out there in our price range but you can't keep saying that Lansdown implied that it was worth the gamble of spending a few million when the rewards were 50 million.

What I am saying if you buy with a short term view in mind (adeobla)then you are faced with the same problem a in a few months time.

If you buy Quality in his mid twenties if it does not work out you can sell him on.

I know its going to cost more but in the long run it may cost you less and you have got a player playing in your style for next season

But that was said in the Summer as well, there was no player out there in our price range but you can't keep saying that Lansdown implied that it was worth the gamble of spending a few million when the rewards were 50 million.

What I am saying if you buy with a short term view in mind (adeobla)then you are faced with the same problem a in a few months time.

If you buy Quality in his mid twenties if it does not work out you can sell him on.

I know its going to cost more but in the long run it may cost you less and you have got a player playing in your style for next season

If we make a short term purchase now and he helps us get up then we have a different problem in a few months time because we'll have £50m to spend.

If we make a long term, quality purchase now and don't go up, we'll have the problem of an expensive player on big wages.

Guest ashtonyate
If we make a short term purchase now and he helps us get up then we have a different problem in a few months time because we'll have £50m to spend.

If we make a long term, quality purchase now and don't go up, we'll have the problem of an expensive player on big wages.

But that's it then if we don't go up its back down to the first great I am saying if you buy quality it will add to our squad next season.

If we don't go up what will we buy next summer another cart horse pay the money and give it ago

But that's it then if we don't go up its back down to the first great I am saying if you buy quality it will add to our squad next season.

If we don't go up what will we buy next summer another cart horse pay the money and give it ago

Well it depends on what's available. I don't think Gary's bought anyone who could really be described as a "cart horse", though I have to agree that he's not stumbled across a prolific striker yet.

There are so many factors to consider when signing a player, I just don't think it's as simple as you make it out to be.

I agree with you, show some ambition, 'he who dares' rodders!

Guest ashtonyate
Well it depends on what's available. I don't think Gary's bought anyone who could really be described as a "cart horse", though I have to agree that he's not stumbled across a prolific striker yet.

There are so many factors to consider when signing a player, I just don't think it's as simple as you make it out to be.

You cannot keep coming up with no one around can you, there are players out there.

You need to ask if they are available it leaves me so annoyed that a goal scorer could be the difference between promotion and just missing it and if we go to the play offs without a striker I think we would lose out

I am sorry if Johnson is upset what is posted but I am upset we don't sign Quality Strikers.

Archived