IGNORED

A Perspective On The Forum - Boring I Know

Red to the world

Guest ashtonyate
So, you have just shot down your own claim that you always back up your case with evidence? You assert that these players exist but are still unable to name a single one. :disapointed2se:

How about Riogan sp the Celtic player when it was said we were going to sign him he looked a good player

But the vue of poster having a pop is we don't need a striker how the hell can i agree with that

But this is the thing. NOBODY has said we don't need a striker. EVERYBODY thinks we do.

It's just that some of us can see that it's not so simple as repeatedly stating the need for a striker or coming up with a list of unsuitable names.

When challenged to find a suitable striker you just respond with the same names regardless of the arguments people have made against them.

If you just stopped for five minutes to read what people respond to you instead of assuming that they're dead against you and making the same tired points over and over again then you might understand the reality of the situation a little better.

But the vue of poster having a pop is we don't need a striker how the hell can i agree with that

F@cking swoblocks! If you bothered to read the thread and replies a lot of people were saying yes a striker would be good but WHERE can one be found with the requirements YOU are after those requirements being;

If you are going to Quote me do it right I said we wanted a pacy ball winning target man which is a long way from a 33 old over the hill player like Abobla

Which is absolutely ridiculous.

Well give me an example I think I do back up what I say, and if i did not think what I said was right I would not post it in the first place.

you never back up what you say, some of your comments over the last few years have been shocking,

the recent one about still not understanding how we got promoted last season is a classic,

plus I'll never forgot your posting about Noble when we signed him slating him before he had a chance to perform because he'd come from Boston,

you just like to slate people when they join and then if they don't perform to your standard hammer them, if they do perform you never mention it again and pretend......it never happen.

Guest ashtonyate
But this is the thing. NOBODY has said we don't need a striker. EVERYBODY thinks we do.

It's just that some of us can see that it's not so simple as repeatedly stating the need for a striker or coming up with a list of unsuitable names.

When challenged to find a suitable striker you just respond with the same names regardless of the arguments people have made against them.

If you just stopped for five minutes to read what people respond to you instead of assuming that they're dead against you and making the same tired points over and over again then you might understand the reality of the situation a little better.

Since Johnson has been at the Club we have never had a quality striker in all that time surly there has been some one we could have got apart from byfield the rest have been poor.

I seem to get poster tell me trust Gary but when it comes to Striker i don't know if I do

How about Riogan sp the Celtic player when it was said we were going to sign him he looked a good player

Do try to keep up with the replies to your own posts. See yessir's response here:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...st&p=869780

and my follow up here:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...st&p=869880

In additon, Strachan rates Riordan so highly he has just signed Samaras, a striker with an inferior record, from Man City. Doesn't that tell you something?

Since Johnson has been at the Club we have never had a quality striker in all that time surly there has been some one we could have got apart from byfield the rest have been poor.

I seem to get poster tell me trust Gary but when it comes to Striker i don't know if I do

Since Johnson has been at the club we have been very successful though, so what does it matter?

In the past few years, not one of the teams that has won the Premiership has had a 20+ goal a season striker, but it doesn't seem to bother them. Man Utd's top scorer is a midfielder whilst their forwards are relatively low scoring. Do you think they're complaining about it?

I agree that Johnson has not yet found us a top striker, but it's hardly caused us any problems so let's just wait and see, eh?

Guest ashtonyate
Do try to keep up with the replies to your own posts. See yessir's response here:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...st&p=869780

and my follow up here:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...st&p=869880

In additon, Strachan rates Riordan so highly he has just signed Samaras, a striker with an inferior record, from Man City. Doesn't that tell you something?

Just because he signed a player it does not make Riorgan any less of a player and is better than we got but that's my point I say a player and you say no this reason that reason don't be so negative

Yes I will stand behind that so what is wrong with the posts where is what I am saying is wrong

Nothing wrong with them, as I said.

Just interesting I trying to see your position, especially on what type of and age of players we should be bringing in.

Please explain explicitly if you don't mind; do you want us to sign a short-term solution to get promotion or do you think that course of action provides too many long-term problems? And do you want us to sign a player with "some mileage on the clock" or a youngster we can sell off later?

I only ask as despite reading back into the history of your postings I cannot seem to establish where you stand...

why do we need a quality striker?

look at the last few quality strikers we have had and where we have finished.

Lita - Missed play-offs

Peacock - Missed play-offs/lost in playoffs/lost in playoff finals

Thorpe - relegation, missed play-offs/lost in playoffs/lost in playoff finals

Akinbiyi - relegated

Goater - on course for the title, left and just scrapped 2nd place

I'd say we are better NOW AS A TEAM, than in the past where we have had Quality strikers that score lots of goals.

Just because he signed a player it does not make Riorgan any less of a player and is better than we got but that's my point I say a player and you say no this reason that reason don't be so negative

please explain how Riorgan is better than who we currently have?

So your view is that we should revert to signing players with an alleged reputation for boozing? Well I guess it worked very well before.

There are many posters on here with whom I may disagree but with whom it is possible to have a rational discussion. I appreciate it is probably not your fault that you cannot do that. This correspondence is now closed therefore.

If I wasn't at work I'd trawl through and find all the posts where you don't back your comments up.

Of course you believe you are right but you also never concede that anyone else can have a valid and different view to yourself.

I remember the days of the "academy" debate and ended up getting dizzy.

I'm pretty sure it went soemthing like this

AY: We need to spend money on players not the academy!

Everyone Else: But we have had good players out of the academy such as Lita who we have sold for profit and in the past spending money doesn't guarentee success. Look at the Pulis era!

AY: We should spend big on players not the academy!

Everyone Else: The academy doesn't cost that much and the costs get paid off with a few sales.

AY: Buy players, don't produce. Buy them!

etc etc!

Since then he has just turned into a wind up merchant. I don't care for the person at all. In fact I slightly pity him.

Since then he has just turned into a wind up merchant. I don't care for the person at all. In fact I slightly pity him.

He usually starts off making something along the lines of a valid point but then won't listen to the responses and argues himself into a corner where he ends up saying something daft.

Since Johnson has been at the club we have gained promotion and are now JOINT TOP THE F@CKING CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

How many times do you need it written?

I'm off to PM TF to see if he can sort a "brail" format on this forum.

After all, you must be f@cking BLIND!!!!!!!

I'm sorry? perhaps you'd care to present some envidence on why you thought i meant you? :icecream:

Because I think I'm the most important person in the world and you couldn't possibly be referring to anyone else. Certainly not the person who made the first post on the thread that I completely failed to read.

Oops. :blush:

:punish:

Apology accepted. i'm sure there's one in there somewhere. :)

I was going to say sorry but that would involve admitting that I was wrong and I'm fairly sure that's not actually allowed on here. So I'm going to imply an apology via the use of small smiley face pictures ;)

Archived