IGNORED

Dire

Red to the world

and was LJ playing - I must have missed him - like we miss a penalty !

Why did we sign the ox ?

How are we third ?

Rubbish - sorry but that is the truth on tonights showing.

As others have said - we will regret not signing a decent striker in the window.

Playoffs at best and I wouldn't hold my breath.

Why don't you go support the gas then if we're so bad?

I disagree with RTTW somewhat.

Adebola was isolated by Sheff United matching our formation and marking extremely tightly so that we could not play through midfield. We only looked dangerous in the first half when there was lots more movement from the wingers. I think we had by far the more possession and about 7 or 8 attempts on goal in the first half to maybe 2 from Palace. But still we weren't quite on song and didn't seem to be able to get the ball forward on the floor with enough regularity.

In the second Palace had a bit more purpose (but still no style) and unfortunately we played into their hands by hoofing it far too much - I mean, why play like that against a Warnock side? It's exactly what they want.

Johnson had a good first half and in my book a very poor second. In the first half he worked well with McIndoe and was available often. I thought after half time he was too half hearted in important challenges where he should have either gone in full blooded or not at all and made bad decisions with passes. He was far from alone in that however - Carle and Elliott were both poor as well. Elliott needs a rest because clearly the knee injury he is carrying has affected his game.

Our 4411 looks to be found out now and when other sides man mark our player in the hole we don't seem to have a plan - same problem as against Boro there. I think we need to go with 442 at home but if we're going to use 4411 then it has to involve passing not hoofing and you can't do that when people are static.

Palace were dirty cynical cheating scum, typical Warnock side, and I now thoroughly detest them. They got more than they deserved with a point and frankly I hope they all die. Well not quite, but nearly.

We showed great commitment which I've never had cause to doubt from a GJ side to come back at the end, it was just a pity that we didn't score the penalty because if we had done, and if Palace had had a man sent off like they should have, that goal would have been the winner. Don't blame Orr, it's good that he takes the responsibility, but perhaps a more natural striker of the ball needs to do the same.

scapegoat to vent out frustration i expect. Theres always the cabbage patch on the other side of the river. Plenty of players to pick on there.

THAT IS WHAT I AM SAYING. THE PLAYERS READ THE STUFF THAT GETS SAID ON HERE. I THINK HE HAS BEEN ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS THIS YEAR. AND HE WAS A BIG PART OF THE TEAM THAT GOT US INTO THIS LEAGUE IN THE FIRST PLACE. IF WE GO UP AND FINISH BOTTOM YOU WILL STILL GET THE SAME PEOPLE MOANING. I CAN SEE IT. GO AWAY TO MAN U DRAW 1-1. LJ WAS SHIT. WE GOT NO STRIKER BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Fact is we kept going to the 95th minute and NEVER gave up against a typical Warnock team - If it moves kick it? I thought against a team totally determined to settle for a point we kept at it and got at least a minimum of what we deserved. Fair play to the referee for recognising Palace's blatant time wasting and waiting for City to at least score one!!!!

As for negativity - Go and join Alan Titchmarsh and his mates over at the Allotment in Horfield. Which would you prefer Top 3 in the Championship OR the likes of Oldham, Crewe, Hartkepool,etc.

Some so called supporters have very short memories and if they need reminding get over to the Scrap Yard that is the SAGS home and watch Warnock type football every week - I REST MY CASE

WELL DONE THE LADS FOR PLAYING TO THE END AND SENDING WARNOCK AND HIS BUNCH OF CHEATS BACK UP THE M4 WITH A POINT - NOT 3

IMO we missed the midfield in the second half to be honrst carle was marked out of the first half but then again we should never play one up fron at home, adebola done well would have like to see trundle up front. We looked good but I'm talking for someone who dosnt get down much due ti livin in scotland bu we do look a bit one dimential, we need to play 2 up front. Not sure why swky mentioned carel not seen enoght og him.

I disagree with RTTW somewhat.

Adebola was isolated by Sheff United matching our formation and marking extremely tightly

So thats why we didn't play too well then, we were playing Sheff Utd AND Crystal Palace. Cheating barstewards :whistle2:

:fish: Either fishing, or escaped from an institution.

LJ had a better game than Elliot. He put in a solid 95 minute game.

City missed 2 sitters. Sproule from 5 yards in front and Orr with a penalty and rebound.

McIndoe tried two angled shots when a pass was a better option.

Palace had a big and disciplined back line. The second best defence in the league.

Apart from two brief periods, City used the big hoof ball up field. Palace had that covered and close marked Carle.

Does anyone else think that Vasko would be an excellant target man ?

I think the top 5 teams are close to assured of being in the final 6. Its down to the 2 teams making the least mistakes for the auto promotion spots.

Why did we sign the ox ?

How are we third ?

As others have said - we will regret not signing a decent striker in the window.

And there speaks someone who stayed at home tonight. Well done on your support tonight... from your armchair! :tv_horror:

Heh, just shows how easy to identify Warnock's kick and rush style is. I wouldn't put anything past that dishonourable cheating scumbag to be honest.

Very true, never really liked him anyway. Dislike him even more after hearing about him "supposedly" telling one of his players to deliberately take someone out on the other team, a little while back.

Arrogance personafied. Warnocks never wrong, and if you don't believe me, ask him himself he'll tell you the same thing!!

are you off your head? Yes maybe that display shows realistically the playoffs is where we´ll finish but thats still better than our wildest dreams at the start of the season. 2 wins and a draw is good form. well done boys.

You clearly havent been supporting city for long enough to realise that we are where we are and resiliant....oh yes 1993!

Grow up, we are a the top of the CCC and turning dfeats into draws and losses into points.

We aint going to be man u....get over it!

Why did we sign the ox ?

How are we third ?

Hi Terry,

It's good to see you can work a computer as well as a phone. Are you missing Geoff? Hence your little rant on here.

Your negativity is all pervading. I'd really recommend renting a good comedy film and just chilling out.

Why did we sign the ox ?

How are we third ?

Here we go again, someone finding things to moan at.

Surprise surprise Lee Johnson is picked on YET AGAIN. No mention in your post about Marvin Elliott who didnt play well again, but no lets pick on lee again.Who took the corner for the goal to be scored??

Get off his back, stop the moaning and get behind the lads who have done fantastic this season and deserve to be where we are.

Why did we sign the ox ?

How are we third ?

My dear old cocker, take a look at the current 10+ goalscoreres in the League :

Phillips West Brom 16

Fuller Stoke 14

Beattie Sheff Utd 13

Ebanks-Blake Wolverhampton 13

John Southampton 13

Morrison Crystal Palace 13

Agyemang QPR 12

Paterson S****horpe 12

Walters Ipswich 12

Gray Charlton 11

Henderson Watford 11

Lawrence Stoke 11

Counago Ipswich 10

Howard Barnsley 10

Lisbie Colchester 10

What good has it done West Brom, Sheff Utd., Wolves, Southampton, Crystal Palace, QPR, Ipswich, Charlton, Barnsley, S****horpe and Colchester?

They're all below us in the table. We're one point off the top in third place.

Thing is we're a TEAM and can score goals from any position.

Try and see the positives please. We're all in unknown terriotory. We've never been in the Championship before. We're doing surprising well!

Guest WellyCiderHead

Why did we sign the ox ?

How are we third ?

KCUF off and watch rovers if u don't like it

Personally I'm more than satisfied with a point, a missed pen and a wonder save against Sproule when we played so badly as a team.

Only player who I think put in a good shift were Orr, McIndoe and Dele, but who cares.

A 96th minute equaliser against that scumbag manager is just as good as a win.

On Orr though, his penalties are awful. If the keeper dives to his right its a save everytime. Surely from all our attacking options someone has the technique to jus lift/curl one in?

Why did we sign the ox ?

How are we third ?

You've not posted much recently have you? I think it is another indication of how far we have come that the losses you thrive on are so infrequent that you now appear after a draw.

Goodbye.

City fans the good the bad and the ones that cant be happy at what were achieving

1) one point of top, you cant really tell me you thought we were goona be there at the start of the season

2) Every team man utd, chelsea, arsenal don't win 7-0 every game playing expectional football they grind out results against teams e.g city agaisnt palace,colchester,blackpool,s****horpe thats why were where we are

3) when are city fans going to stop thinking and talking negitive and slating players ok if were bottom not won in ten and not scored in 20 then maybe justified BUT GUESS WHAT

we not were 3RD a point of top

so stop your moaing and sort it out!!!!!!! the players don't need it and the team don't need it

Well done lads not the best performance but we got a result

one point closer

Why did we sign the ox ?

How are we third ?

mate you want to stay off the natch next time you watch city.. I'm not LJ greatest lover but i thought he played reasonably well tonight, as for the rest of what your saying how are we third and play offs at best, well your just a joke

Why did we sign the ox ?

How are we third ?

Only a total moron would judge a team on ONE game when it has played THIRTY THREE so far this season. I suppose that makes sense then.

Why did we sign the ox ?

How are we third ?

I'd love to know how you can turn up to match only to watch a different game to anybody else

yeah but you no what i mean, i went to scunny last week we won, we grounded out a win and on the way out there were still fans moaning about it

what do the lads have to do to please the moaners

At the end of the day mate every club has them,only when we keep th ball for 90 minutes,don't put a shot off target LJ scores a hat - trick will the moaners ever be happy,don't forget they probably lead a life of depression which follows them into Ashton Gate.

Luckily there will always be more true - reds than moaners.

Oh of course if LJ did score a hat-trick I'm sure people will still point out that 30 yard pass that didn't come off.

BTW whose corner set up the equaliser,oh I forgot you'd probably gone home by then

Hi Terry,

It's good to see you can work a computer as well as a phone. Are you missing Geoff? Hence your little rant on here.

Your negativity is all pervading. I'd really recommend renting a good comedy film and just chilling out.

Is it really "Terry from Shirehampton"?

I thought the negativity sounded familiar! :doh:

I thought next to Orr and Macindoe, LJ had a very good game. I thought he was desperately unlucky with their goal as Hill did control the direction of the ball with his hand. Should have been a free kick in my eyes as it worked to their advantage.

P.S. and his deft little flick over the advancing palace midfielder in the first half was pure genius

Archived