IGNORED

Dire

Red to the world

and was LJ playing - I must have missed him - like we miss a penalty !

Why did we sign the ox ?

How are we third ?

Rubbish - sorry but that is the truth on tonights showing.

As others have said - we will regret not signing a decent striker in the window.

Playoffs at best and I wouldn't hold my breath.

What a ####. I bet you left early as well.

In the overall scheme of things we have secured 4 points from a tricky away game at Scunny and a home game against a Palace team that we knew would be tough and competitive - this time a week ago I would have taken that. As a result we are just 1 point off top spot and I'm more than happy with that, thank you very much.

I was at Scunny but could only watch last night's game on teletext ( I think Red to the World might have done the same!) At S****horpe, there were lots of things you could criticise ( didn't keep hold of the ball up front well enough, didn't realy threaten much in front of goal) but at this stage of the season results count more than the performance and plenty of teams would have come away from Scunny with nothing . I always thought the Palace game was one we could lose, because Warnock's teams are as bloody minded as their manager. OK so we relied on a defender to score, but all season our goals have come from throughout the team and once again scoring at the death demonstrates that Johnson's team never know when they are beaten. These traits might just be the difference between us and our rivals come the end of the season.

We all know that we are acheiving beyond our ability, so why not just enjoy that acheivement and if it continues then we might have to look forward to more negativity from fans about our performance next season after a last minute equaliser from a City defender, and then having to hear Mr Wenger bemoaning having to play against 12 men at Ashton Gate!

I don't understand.

I presume you were all at the game last and witnessed an unimaginative and lackluster city side pump long balls up to Adebola all night? Based on this, do you not all think City played poorly last night?

I appreciate Palace came for nothing more than point, and maybe the original poster was a bit angry in his rant (that's his right) but what's wrong with talking about the game? When City are good we praise them and when they are bad we discuss why and highlight areas that were wrong, it's not moaning, it's just talking about a city match??

Why did we sign the ox ?

How are we third ?

As others have said - we will regret not signing a decent striker in the window.

Troll.

I don't understand.

I presume you were all at the game last and witnessed an unimaginative and lackluster city side pump long balls up to Adebola all night? Based on this, do you not all think City played poorly last night?

I appreciate Palace came for nothing more than point, and maybe the original poster was a bit angry in his rant (that's his right) but what's wrong with talking about the game? When City are we praise them and when they are bad we discuss why and highlight areas that were wrong, it's not moaning, it's just talking about a city match??

the point I think is to do with, the fact that he's come on here hammering, this that and other..........before the game had finished and while it was still 1-0 to palace

Why did we sign the ox ?

How are we third ?

What ? I am by no means LJ's biggest fan and i thought he was poor, but for christ's sake have some perspective, Elliot was worse, Carle was worse yet, apart from the two wingers our midfield was not particularly good, but credit where credit is due, i wouldn't pay to watch it but palace play a very effective spoiling game, and any side that tries to get it on the deck and play will have trouble against them, to be honest i thought we stood up to a difficult test very well. Palace are one of the best sides at set pieces in this league and they barely troubled us from them.

God only knows how you can have a pop at adebola, he put in a shift, played well but there is nothing you can do when isolated on your own up front, Carle does not look like the player in the whole, he looks like a very, very good attacking central midfielder but from what i've seen he's not the second striker/ in the whole player, can't remember many occasions when he got ahead of Adebola.

If anyone is to be criticised for last night then you can only have a pop at Johnson (gary) for me got his tactics wrong, the 4-5-1 is all very good against most sides but against a side that are going to sit back, defend the notts county style on the half way line (i.e kick the shit out of opposition player on the half way line to avoid bookings) it's going to struggle against a side like that.

But to have a go at LJ and Adebola while ignoring the rest is just plain moronic, and is the reason why those of us that perhaps don't rate johnson or any other player and put forward reasoned arguments as to why often seem like complete *****, it's because of people like you who know about as much about football as i do about astro Physics.

We had a bad day at the office in truth and still should have battered a side that will be around the playoffs come may. I'll take that on a bad day, frankly i'd say it shows even more encouraging signs as to why we have a solid chance of finishing in the top two, if we can cope with the style of palace and only concede to a goal that never should have stood, then we can cope with the sides who play a similar style but will actually try to attack and not waste time from the off ( Watford and Stoke).

I don't understand.

I appreciate Palace came for nothing more than point, and maybe the original poster was a bit angry in his rant (that's his right) but what's wrong with talking about the game? When City are we praise them and when they are bad we discuss why and highlight areas that were wrong, it's not moaning, it's just talking about a city match??

I was there and yes we seemed to fall into the Palace way of playing,that was the WHOLE TEAM though,yet this guy comes on and states something as ridiculous as the opening line,you can't tell me that wasn't going to upset people.

Also most fans are delighted that we are 3rd so when someone comes in and says something like "How the hell are we 3rd" strangely enough that annoys people aswell,which also isn't talking about one game that seems to me like a general summation of our performances.

To sum it up if a team can play poorly against a side going for the play-offs and still get a point and come close to getting 3 I feel that says a lot for the team,one in which included LEE JOHNSON,who's corner led to the winner,bloke didn't mention that did he.

So yeah by all means talk about the game,but perhaps along the lines of "We didn't play too well last night imo" might get a better response than the post actually got

3) when are city fans going to stop thinking and talking negitive and slating players

An enormous generalisation I think

I think your remark, with respect, is a bigger generalisation; the vast majority, silent, and those on here, vast majority again, outweigh the negative airheads probably by some 5000 to 1. It's just that some people on this thread take the bait, most jump on the band wagon and before you know it you read comments like yours.

Why not concentrate on the game and ignore those toss pots like I will now...

I thought Elliott was off his game last night and that was a key factor for us not winning the midfield. They packed theirs with 5 and hoofed it. Also, we pandered too much to their style of play not helped by only having dele upfront. I think GJ got his tactics a tad off BUT.... they all played like ferocious tigers out there. I thought that against 'an at your heels' and somewhat dirty palace we were absolutely magnificent.

If only they had had another goalie between the posts. Speroni was awesome.

I am more than pleased with a point and we stay just under the radar yet again; timing will be perfect for the last day of the season to go top and stay there. yeahhhhhh. :fingerscrossed:

It was on TV you ####, and I thought he played very well........what game where you watching???

the one where he was probably the best of our 3 central midfielders (that aint saying much) but come on, Boom boom was immense at the back, Mcindoe was our only real attacking threat, Adebola ploughed a very, very lone furrow due to the general level of dismal passing coming from central midfield, he was feeding almost entirely on balls from the back, knocking the ball down to no-one or holding the ball up for as long as he could while our central midfield ambled towards him.

Lj was by no means the worst player on the pitch, that for me has to go to Elliot (even without his epic performance so far this season that was dismal) and Carle may as well not have been there, but he wasn't even close to being the best gave the ball away left right and centre, there were only two players in it for moM and that was McCombe and McIndoe. Lj and the rest of the midfield were fairly near the bottom of the pile, not entirely their fault as they were kicked and closed down well by palace. But i'm struggling to think of anyone who was worse than any of our 3 Central midfielders.

What ? I am by no means LJ's biggest fan and i thought he was poor, but for christ's sake have some perspective, Elliot was worse, Carle was worse yet, apart from the two wingers our midfield was not particularly good, but credit where credit is due, i wouldn't pay to watch it but palace play a very effective spoiling game, and any side that tries to get it on the deck and play will have trouble against them, to be honest i thought we stood up to a difficult test very well. Palace are one of the best sides at set pieces in this league and they barely troubled us from them.

God only knows how you can have a pop at adebola, he put in a shift, played well but there is nothing you can do when isolated on your own up front, Carle does not look like the player in the whole, he looks like a very, very good attacking central midfielder but from what i've seen he's not the second striker/ in the whole player, can't remember many occasions when he got ahead of Adebola.

If anyone is to be criticised for last night then you can only have a pop at Johnson (gary) for me got his tactics wrong, the 4-5-1 is all very good against most sides but against a side that are going to sit back, defend the notts county style on the half way line (i.e kick the shit out of opposition player on the half way line to avoid bookings) it's going to struggle against a side like that.

But to have a go at LJ and Adebola while ignoring the rest is just plain moronic, and is the reason why those of us that perhaps don't rate johnson or any other player and put forward reasoned arguments as to why often seem like complete *****, it's because of people like you who know about as much about football as i do about astro Physics.

We had a bad day at the office in truth and still should have battered a side that will be around the playoffs come may. I'll take that on a bad day, frankly i'd say it shows even more encouraging signs as to why we have a solid chance of finishing in the top two, if we can cope with the style of palace and only concede to a goal that never should have stood, then we can cope with the sides who play a similar style but will actually try to attack and not waste time from the off ( Watford and Stoke).

Excellent post, my thoughts exactly, but we are after all still learning and doing pretty well generally.

Why did we sign the ox ?

How are we third ?

You tool.

We had 9 shots on target to their 3. 76% possession in the first half.

Its disappointing not to win, but remember what our asperations were before the season started, to survive, not to be challenging for a playoff place or at best still the glory of automatic promotion.

Its true to say we were devoid of ideas at times last night, but if you honestly think we wont make the playoffs then you are the most pesimistic person of all time and you should stay well clear of Ashton Gate between now and May.

Try getting behind our team.....it could be remarkable what happens.

What a surprise, we don't win, you post. Haven't read the whole thread, but you are a joke. Remind me of a poster who was one here last year, who said he wasn't going to post anymore, Rod12 i think, similar to that. Have a feeling your the same person. A Negative T W A T

Certainly is!

Archived