IGNORED

Early Leavers

tom_burnham

Walking past the Wedlocks pub there was a group of people and I heard them say they left 3 minutes before the end. Couldn't help but laugh. That goal is why I never leave until the end.

Quite a few as usual, but I'm glad to say they would have heard the roar from OUTSIDE.

Nice of you to have a gloat. I left 3 mins early last night and missed the goal. My 8 year old son was freezing cold 10 mins from the end and shivering with 5 mins to go. I felt guilty because I made him stay. He said he was sorry for making me leave early when we heard the roar from the goal, but we were both happy.

Some people need to think about other peoples predicaments before jumping on bandwagons about people leaving early. All of you.

Nice of you to have a gloat. I left 3 mins early last night and missed the goal. My 8 year old son was freezing cold 10 mins from the end and shivering with 5 mins to go. I felt guilty because I made him stay. He said he was sorry for making me leave early when we heard the roar from the goal, but we were both happy.

Some people need to think about other peoples predicaments before jumping on bandwagons about people leaving early. All of you.

Buy him a jacket then!!

I don't get why leaving '3' mins early makes any difference to peoples pridicament.

Where are these people off to that is so important that they have to shave of 5 minutes off their arrival??

Do these people leave early when the go to the cinema, church, work? Didnt think so.

(Frozen kiddies aside), perhaps they just don't care about the result enough and would rather be a few care lengths up in the traffic.

I fully understand mate don't worry,it was bloody cold last night and as much as I'm sure you love City,you only naturally have to think of the welfare of your lad,at the end of the day there will be warm days and last minute goals that both of you can see.

Looking to the future,in 10 years time he'll look back on this night and wil make him never want to leave a ground early.

However imo you did the right thing and if we hadn't got the free kick I was ready to go,so glad I didn't.

Roll on Hull,a nice day and a last minute winner

Roll on Hull,a nice day and a last minute winner

Surely we are going to tonk some team sometime soon... Colchester.... it has that mouthwatering feeling about it. City were frustrated last night after running themselves into the ground with incredible commitment.. i think colchester could be on the end of a drubbing... come on you reddddsssssssssssssssssssssss

couldnt go to the game tonight so had to watch it on the tv which was horrible! much rather be at the game

just wondering how many people left early because there was abit of fuss about it a couple of weeks ago

All that went on last night is that the best post you can come up with, oh by the way the toilet paper in the dolman ran out if that interests you?. :disapointed2se:

I don't get why leaving '3' mins early makes any difference to peoples pridicament.

Where are these people off to that is so important that they have to shave of 5 minutes off their arrival??

Do these people leave early when the go to the cinema, church, work? Didnt think so.

(Frozen kiddies aside), perhaps they just don't care about the result enough and would rather be a few care lengths up in the traffic.

don't care about the result? give me a break you self righteous numpty

I left early last night, so what! Not that I have to make excuses, but I have to be up for work at 3.30am. When I stayed to the end of the Charlton game, it added nearly an HOUR on to my journey home. I want to get home, so I can at least get a bit of sleep!

To many people think they are "better fans" just because they stay to the bitter end every week

I cant believe this subject still gets bought up

I left early last night, so what! Not that I have to make excuses, but I have to be up for work at 3.30am. When I stayed to the end of the Charlton game, it added nearly an HOUR on to my journey home. I want to get home, so I can at least get a bit of sleep!

To many people think they are "better fans" just because they stay to the bitter end every week

:handbags:

I know how you feel mate,I'm up at 4 for work so I really hate it when we play midweek games

Mate no one is criticising people like you who have got a genuine reason for leaving early. I find it hard to believe that every single one of them early leavers has a genuine reason for leaving like you do apart from trying to beat the traffic.

I don't get this "beat the traffic" thing. I'm lucky enough to live in BS3 so it's not an issue for me, but generally by the time I've had a pint after the game the traffic is more or less normal, so instead of leaving early if people stayed, clapped the team off the pitch and took their time getting to the car it wouldn't be a problem.

I don't mind people leaving early but if you're going to leave, then leave, don't stand in front of me so I can't see a penalty being taken !

...leaving early is a difficult decision to make, when the match unexpectedly starts late and you've planned to take the last train home, at 10.25 from Temple Meads! Still, I stayed til the final whistle and just made it by running all the way - not bad for a geezer over 60!!! But - it was worth it!

...leaving early is a difficult decision to make, when the match unexpectedly starts late and you've planned to take the last train home, at 10.25 from Temple Meads! Still, I stayed til the final whistle and just made it by running all the way - not bad for a geezer over 60!!! But - it was worth it!

that's the spirit, no excuses for anybody, you vill be shot!

Look, if people want to leave early to beat the traffic (and be honest, thats why most people do it) thats up to them. They must know that occasionally they'll miss a Mansfield. My only concern is over what the team must be thinking. What do the players must think when they see swarms of people heading for the exits with five minutes to go ?

Having said that i'm going to hold my hands up and admit i left at half time once. It was harder than i thought to persuade the steward on the gate that i needed to get out !

Guest red ken 2

You knew it was cold, so wrap up warm. Or better still think about a young lad and the cold night air and don't take him.

I don't get this "beat the traffic" thing. I'm lucky enough to live in BS3 so it's not an issue for me, but generally by the time I've had a pint after the game the traffic is more or less normal, so instead of leaving early if people stayed, clapped the team off the pitch and took their time getting to the car it wouldn't be a problem.

I don't mind people leaving early but if you're going to leave, then leave, don't stand in front of me so I can't see a penalty being taken !

I agree - total cop out, hardly a congestion nightmare around the gate, is it?

Yes you are less of a fan than people who stay till the end...they are prepared get home a few minutes later just so they can see the end of the game and clap the lads off the pitch.

I find it a bit embarrasing and stand by GJ's comment 100%

You knew it was cold, so wrap up warm. Or better still think about a young lad and the cold night air and don't take him.

He was wrapped up warm, couldn't get many more layers on him. You don't have a City mad boy do you? Do you think he would have stayed at home and missed this game - he has been a season ticket holder since the age of 5 and will have travelled to almost half of the away games this season, probably more than than you, miss it? na I don't think so.

The whole leaving early thing is ridiculous - obviously everybody can and will do what they want but what I can't believe is that the majority of people leaving seats early to race to the bar at half time or get home 10 mins earlier is that i spend hours during the week thinking, talking, searching the internet etc.. looking forward to the highlight of the week so i don't understand why people want to miss any of the 95 mins - you've got all week to eat, drink, keep the wife happy etc.. so common guys lets all stay and support the team, they are giving us 100%

Archived